bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Egyptian Settlement 2: New Worlds

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jun 30, 15 12:29 AM
Travel to the glory days of ancient Egypt when impressive and mysterious
buildings characterized the western shores of the Nile in Egyptian Settlement 2: New Worlds!

Your job as the pharaoh's architect is to create flourishing cities full of shiny majestic temples, universities and monuments. To do so you will have to research new technologies and make sure thriving trade routes are established. But beware, there are those that will want to steal your wealth as highwaymen and thieves attack your settlement. Protect yourself against these threats and you may even be in a position to help your friendly neighbors during trying times.

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

Re:Egyptian Settlement 2: New Worlds

[Post New]by Yaelle on Jun 30, 15 2:12 AM
I suppose this is where we post reviews & comments? I dont even know anymore.

Anyway, I've just played this game for 40 minutes and OMG WHERE AM I? WHAT IS GOING ON?
WHO AM I????

First, I dont even know if I like the game or thoroughly despise it. I think that what I will do is let somebody else figure out whats going on & explain it then try to work off of his or her suggestions because what the game gives you to work with is ****CONFUSING****.

Having to right click in order to move around the map is extremely tedious & not appreciated but like I said, maybe I'm making things more complicated than they actually are.

There are workers to hire - I do not know if they're actually still around or if they disappear after some point. For quite a long time I couldnt access any food (I think the tutorial had mentioned how to get them to forage, but I forgot) and it took me about 15 minutes to realize that there are a different type of worker set that must be hired to create food... I think? So at some point I got that going but I couldnt tell you how or why.

I just dont even know....! If you dont know what I mean then you will once you try the game out. I suppose I understand the instructions well enough (kind of) but my God. Nothing is fluid or flowing.

Edited on 06/30/2015 at 2:18:54 AM PST

gamblebug
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by gamblebug on Jun 30, 15 3:18 AM
Another day gone by the wayside with a new game.Yesterdays game boring and todays game total confussion.I give up

Nagster
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by Nagster on Jun 30, 15 4:00 AM
What decade did this game originally come out in? Is this actually a "new" game or just another in a long line of "New to Big Fish" that was developed in 1999?

gamblebug
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by gamblebug on Jun 30, 15 6:06 AM
Nagster wrote:What decade did this game originally come out in? Is this actually a "new" game or just another in a long line of "New to Big Fish" that was developed in 1999?
You could be right,but it does seem that since BF sold out it's really really hard to get a good SE game that isn't connected to a CE.I've wasted a few good PCC's on a bad Se so I didn't loose it or give it away.As I said this game seemed way out dated to me.

lulu1402
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by lulu1402 on Jun 30, 15 6:37 AM
I was excited when i saw it i thought a time management game ,but was sadly disappointed when i played it i will not be buying

sandrahollie
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by sandrahollie on Jun 30, 15 11:48 AM
Been waiting on a good game to spend my 2 credits on but in all this time none have come along. I'm not going to buy a HO so I've been left out of the loop the last two months.

Spookys_Mom
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by Spookys_Mom on Jun 30, 15 2:16 PM
Could this be any more confusing? I gave up. A definite no buy for me!

SkippyTrini
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

[Post New]by SkippyTrini on Jul 1, 15 4:56 AM
I don't understand built a quarry and wood the workers aren't working. It hasn't even aid quarry build wood shop built. I don't think I am getting one either I agree. I rather you finish a level then move on. I will keep my credit there are two other games I want I will wait! Not for me and I like building game!

SkippyTrini
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

[Post New]by SkippyTrini on Jul 1, 15 4:56 AM
I don't understand built a quarry and wood the workers aren't working. It hasn't even aid quarry build wood shop built. I don't think I am getting one either I agree. I rather you finish a level then move on. I will keep my credit there are two other games I want I will wait! Not for me and I like building game!

SAN8402
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by SAN8402 on Jul 2, 15 4:58 PM
You got to build a quarry next to stone and a sawmill next to trees. If there aren't any trees available you can plant them if you have grass. Then you have to wait for them to grow. If you have access to a well you can plant grass which you also need to make wheat fields. The farm won't produce if you don't have any fields. The trees and fields get used up over time and you will have to replant grass before rebuilding the tree or wheat fields. You also have to have water to make bread so you got to be sure your well is staffed.If you don't have enough food your workers will stop working. I agree the game is really frustrating. I've spent almost 3 hours over the last 2 days trying to gather 60 food on the bridge level. No matter if I harvest berries or plant wheat and make flour to bake bread, it won't give me credit for the food I gather. I have even searched every inch of the map to see if there's a merchant I have to buy food from but there isn't. So how do I get the food? Am I doing something wrong or is this a glitch in the game? Any help would be appreciated.

JB4510
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by JB4510 on Jul 10, 15 2:37 AM
SAN8402 wrote:You got to build a quarry next to stone and a sawmill next to trees. If there aren't any trees available you can plant them if you have grass. Then you have to wait for them to grow. If you have access to a well you can plant grass which you also need to make wheat fields. The farm won't produce if you don't have any fields. The trees and fields get used up over time and you will have to replant grass before rebuilding the tree or wheat fields. You also have to have water to make bread so you got to be sure your well is staffed.

Thank you! I'm on level four (I think, maybe 5) and I completely forgot about the ability to plant tree farms. My little explorer guy is exhausted from searching the entire map for trees!

As for the reviews and comments, while I agree there is a learning curve to this game, I personally like it quite a lot. I have no problem starting a level over entirely once I've realized I've made an error in strategy. My issues thus far are not based on the lack of instructions but my lack of memory of things taught in the tutorial, as mentioned above. It is a complex game, to say the least, but I feel these are the games so greatly lacking on BFG. I sincerely hope at least a few avid players will stick around so we can help each other out in this forum.

unclepaul
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
467 Posts

[Post New]by unclepaul on Jul 10, 15 5:15 AM
Initially I wondered what I was doing with this game. I stumbled through to level 7 and started to get some ideas. So I went back to Level1 and then i realised that that was basically a tutorial section to help you realise how to recognise trees, oases, rocks and to get an explorere to harvest them.
Then I hit level 8 and you can't get an explorer and most things are locked and means of harvesting food seem limited.
This level concentrates on commercial operations, selling and buying from a market . trader.
Again this still seemed difficult waiting for the gold to build up to purchase food, wood, stone to build the required temple and ghire the 10 men.
Then I realised you could build many ostrich farms harvest and sell the feathers .
Realising this is a cleverly designed game that does not give everything to you all at once and you have to sometinmes think outside the square.
Very nice strategy game.

[Post New]by Books_Garden on Jul 10, 15 4:32 PM
It's a complex game with a lot of promise - but it moves so terribly, TERRIBLY, SLOW!

The time spent waiting and waiting for the characters to move around the map is very frustrating, and worse is the time to just wait until the number of seconds, or the amount of gold adds up to the goal amount on some levels.

Somebody else commented that they didn't really know if they loved this game or hated it - I really relate to that. I keep being drawn back to it, so I guess that's a big plus for it. But the frustration level is often high with nothing to move the game along!

Edited on 07/12/2015 at 10:13:26 AM PST

unclepaul
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
467 Posts

[Post New]by unclepaul on Jul 10, 15 5:07 PM
Initially I thought a bit like that. It would be good to be able to speed up time like some other games.
But while you are sending the explorer around you can be collecting products from the various buildings as they do not collect themselves until you assign some Carriers.

HemiGamer
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by HemiGamer on Jul 12, 15 8:26 AM
I finished this game yesterday, played in Casual mode. It was frustrating at times, but help in the forum made all the difference for me. At a certain level I finally caught on and was able to figure out what I was supposed to do, and yes, reaching the goals was very slow. It took several days to get to the end and I was sorry to see it go. Builder games are my favorite and there doesn't seem to be many of those, I wish there was a category for them. Also, I can't imagine playing this in a timed mode, the Adelantado Trilogy games are like that and it's too frustrating for me to get almost to the end of a level and then run out of time and have to start over, those are really long levels, The Monument builder games are like that now, too. I just like exploring, meeting goals and discovering new areas/industries without watching a clock tick down.

[Post New]by Books_Garden on Jul 13, 15 4:49 AM
Books_Garden wrote:It's a complex game with a lot of promise - but it moves so terribly, TERRIBLY, SLOW!

The time spent waiting and waiting for the characters to move around the map is very frustrating, and worse is the time to just wait until the number of seconds, or the amount of gold adds up to the goal amount on some levels.

Somebody else commented that they didn't really know if they loved this game or hated it - I really relate to that. I keep being drawn back to it, so I guess that's a big plus for it. But the frustration level is often high with nothing to move the game along!

I've now changed my opinion on this game - I kept getting pulled back to it, and began enjoying it much more as I completed more levels. I'm now happy I bought it. As a matter of fact, I now feel I jumped too fast in rating the game in a review, and wish there was a way to go back and change it. Does anybody know if there is?

[Post New]by Books_Garden on Jul 14, 15 9:58 AM
I've now completely changed my initial opinion of this game - once I got past a certain level, I've been really enjoying it. My advice to anyone trying this game to have patience and keep at it!

Edited on 07/14/2015 at 11:28:44 AM PST

[Post New]by krazyk1963 on Jul 15, 15 12:07 PM
I totally agree. I love the Adelantado Trilogy games and I also find Westward Kingdoms very similar. I'm now starting to really enjoy this game more as I have learned to be patient and think very carefully about what is requested and how to get it done. I'm already thinking about how great it will be to go back to level 1 and go through it all again, knowing how to play.

Please, everyone, stick with it and be patient.

unclepaul
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
467 Posts

[Post New]by unclepaul on Jul 22, 15 7:29 AM
Would like to see some sequels or similar open games like this
They are a good way to really relax without trying to beat a clock. Just trying to find a more efficient way.

Go to: