Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Egyptian Settlement 2: New Worlds here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jun 30, 15 12:39 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 06/30/2015 at 6:29:56 AM PST

Janette5
Clownfish
Clownfish
518 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Egyptian Settlement 2: New Worlds here.

[Post New]by Janette5 on Jun 30, 15 1:16 AM
WARNING: Read the DirectX installation instructions because it will install the Bing Bar if you just accept it. If you don't want that installed be sure to click off that button before carrying on with the DirectX installation.

The DirectX is a graphics installation, don't worry about that - you need that anyway. Bing bar is a search toolbar from Microsoft that is optional.

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Jun 30, 15 2:15 AM
I always just decline the Direct X option & the games in which it comes up usually install just fine without. Not sure why its even suggested.

Janette5
Clownfish
Clownfish
518 Posts

[Post New]by Janette5 on Jun 30, 15 3:06 AM
Edit: Apparently things work when you are patient enough - see other threads.

Other things that tripped me up - to save everyone the frustration:

* You send the worker to stand next to a resource. He appears to be doing nothing just standing there and then every now and again a resource pops up - so he's apparently collecting them. (Hover over the resource.)

*You start the level by clicking on the tent not the blue sparkles that grab your attention.

*You cannot interact with the game while the pop-up messages are still on screen so first click to make them go away and then click what they told you to do.

Edited on 06/30/2015 at 12:54:46 PM PST

pita1234
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by pita1234 on Jun 30, 15 4:13 AM
Won't play - after intro, campaign spot glows on map, but nothing happens when I try to click on it.
Windows XP

Janette5
Clownfish
Clownfish
518 Posts

[Post New]by Janette5 on Jun 30, 15 5:31 AM
pita1234 wrote:Won't play - after intro, campaign spot glows on map, but nothing happens when I try to click on it.
Windows XP

Don't click the glowing spot - click the tent (that is almost the same colour as the background) below it.

[Post New]by nmduensing on Jun 30, 15 6:07 AM
I cannot get the game to save nor can I get past the first level. I resets the game each time and it will not save the game. It doesn't save the profile either. That's really really frustrating since I like this game. I will have to uninstall it and ask for a refund if this cannot be fixed. Using windows 7

Edited on 06/30/2015 at 6:08:04 AM PST

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Jun 30, 15 6:29 AM
Hi Everyone,

If there's trouble with getting Egyptian Settlement 2: New Worlds to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

In some cases, we can provide a known solution for technical issues in the Forums. In addition, some of our tech savvy pond residents may also swim by with good tips and suggestions. However, we're unable to provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. This is because the Forums are not well suited for the type of information-gathering and troubleshooting that's needed in order to correct issues of this nature.

If you're unable to get a game working properly using our Help pages or the tips posted here, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact Customer Support on the front page of our Help pages section.

Contacting Customer Support will help us to gather necessary information on what types of systems are being affected by the problem and to share this information with the developer in order to work towards a fix.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting Customer Support, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgWaimea

[Post New]by RobynRenea on Jun 30, 15 12:10 PM
Installed this game, twice, on my pc windows and all I get is a blank screen with CreateDevice0 schlug fehl, anyone else with this problem and what it means exactly? Ran Direct X but I already have it installed with newer or same version. Don't know what else to try.

lym_1609
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
431 Posts

[Post New]by lym_1609 on Jul 1, 15 3:09 AM
2 things I would like to suggest to BFG techs

1) DPI settings. It wouldnt run on my pc due to fact that I cant set off DPI. I cant even SEE my cursor and NO nothing wrong with my mouse. This happen again and again with many games since this year

2) What happen to link to forums? NO BFG "decided" internally within their own staff that they needed to "teach" fishes how to type on their searches. Thus u now have to search for forums, NO MORE LINKS to forums
Anybody irritated about that? You need to report an issue, click on forums to read reviews/read about other fishes issues/solutions coz u ran into issues yourself. What happens? Oh yea, first click on Game Forums from BFG drop down menu list. Then TYPE OUT at least the first few unique names for that game. So imagine if its a series? OH boy u even have to either type more not just eg "Dark Parables" but also the ENTIRE title of that game. If not, prepare to scroll up/down trying your eye's best to scan and search for that games forum

IF BFG do value their fishes, better sit up and do something! BRING BACK the LINK to forums as first step to making the tank a better place for us fishes!

Meanwhile speak to developers or whatever companies BFG get games from, or get their BFG techs to allow us fishes to set DPI via Game Manager. Its no longer cute not to be able to play games. I bought it somewhere else just so that it installs as stand alone and i can set DPI to play through!

If BFG wants most players to end up doing so, continue with it! I have even almost blacklist the forums complaining a few times rgds DPI issues. And its not just my PC, read other fishes complain rgds cant see the cursor

wxman77477
Clownfish
Clownfish
557 Posts

[Post New]by wxman77477 on Jul 1, 15 3:30 AM
RobynRenea wrote:Installed this game, twice, on my pc windows and all I get is a blank screen with CreateDevice0 schlug fehl, anyone else with this problem and what it means exactly? Ran Direct X but I already have it installed with newer or same version. Don't know what else to try.

I am having the same problem. I would like to purchase the game but will not unless I find a way to fix the problem.

Edited on 07/01/2015 at 3:31:42 AM PST

kore21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by kore21 on Jul 1, 15 7:18 AM
lym_1609 wrote:2 things I would like to suggest to BFG techs

1) DPI settings. It wouldnt run on my pc due to fact that I cant set off DPI. I cant even SEE my cursor and NO nothing wrong with my mouse. This happen again and again with many games since this year

2) What happen to link to forums? NO BFG "decided" internally within their own staff that they needed to "teach" fishes how to type on their searches. Thus u now have to search for forums, NO MORE LINKS to forums
Anybody irritated about that? You need to report an issue, click on forums to read reviews/read about other fishes issues/solutions coz u ran into issues yourself. What happens? Oh yea, first click on Game Forums from BFG drop down menu list. Then TYPE OUT at least the first few unique names for that game. So imagine if its a series? OH boy u even have to either type more not just eg "Dark Parables" but also the ENTIRE title of that game. If not, prepare to scroll up/down trying your eye's best to scan and search for that games forum

IF BFG do value their fishes, better sit up and do something! BRING BACK the LINK to forums as first step to making the tank a better place for us fishes!

Meanwhile speak to developers or whatever companies BFG get games from, or get their BFG techs to allow us fishes to set DPI via Game Manager. Its no longer cute not to be able to play games. I bought it somewhere else just so that it installs as stand alone and i can set DPI to play through!

If BFG wants most players to end up doing so, continue with it! I have even almost blacklist the forums complaining a few times rgds DPI issues. And its not just my PC, read other fishes complain rgds cant see the cursor

agree on both points. i've had game club membership for the last 7 years. please keep your customers happy.

DoobieBear
Flounder
Flounder
2,169 Posts

[Post New]by DoobieBear on Jul 1, 15 9:55 AM
lym_1609 wrote:

The link to the game forum is up at the top of the white description block. There's a Facebook share button, a Google share button, a Tweet button, then a Get Game Tips link (just click on the words} and a Gift This Game link.

[Post New]by suesiegel on Jul 1, 15 5:30 PM
RobynRenea wrote:Installed this game, twice, on my pc windows and all I get is a blank screen with CreateDevice0 schlug fehl, anyone else with this problem and what it means exactly? Ran Direct X but I already have it installed with newer or same version. Don't know what else to try.

I am having this same problem on Windows 7 Pro. I have yet to see any responses.

[Post New]by TomCatD on Jul 4, 15 5:59 PM
Bridge level-Last task is to collect 60 food, no matter what u do u cannot get the claim to register the food u have collected. Therefore, there are no more levels in the game u can advance to.

[Post New]by durangochic35 on Jul 5, 15 5:37 AM
Same issue as everyone else. Tried all the settings in the help forum - game freezing topic. No luck.

[Post New]by martymichelle on Jul 15, 15 1:19 AM
I have downloaded this game twice and still will not load using windows 7...getting very aggrevated

[Post New]by Pacaty on Jul 16, 15 1:20 PM
Having the same problem as others. The game will not load. Using Windows 7 on PC. I have all the latest drivers for my graphics card (ATI Radon HD 3200), have uninstalled and reinstalled, restarted the computer, followed the guide to run it in compatibility mode, and it still doesn't work.

When attempting to open the game it loads, the screen flickers, a small window appears and instantly disappears, and it takes me back to the Big Fish game manager to ask, ironically I presume, if I want to play it again.

I've not yet seen any solution proposed here. How can this be fixed?

[Post New]by LYRANSTARGATE12 on Jul 17, 15 11:19 AM
Hi,
I am on Fallow Land. I purchased the University and then I purchased the Trolley. However there was no indication that I completed the goal. So, I tried just saving the game and then opened it back up to continue where I'd left off, but when I went back in, the University had disappeared, and I didn't get credit for purchasing the Trolley. In other words, the game is making me purchase the University and Trolly twice, which means I have to collect resources all over again
Thank you for your assistance.

[Post New]by martymichelle on Jul 24, 15 7:52 PM
I have downloaded this game twice and still will not load using windows 7 on pc...getting very aggrevated

Go to: