Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Egyptian Settlement 2: New Worlds here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jun 30, 15 12:40 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 06/30/2015 at 6:31:46 AM PST

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Egyptian Settlement 2: New Worlds here.

[Post New]by Yaelle on Jun 30, 15 2:14 AM
I hate to ask this again but as of right now there are THREE different threads that appear as though each of them can be the place to post reviews. So ....... whats the deal? Which one do we use?

If there is one created by Big Fish that says simply that this is the game, welcome to its forum then is that where we post reviews and / or general comments & anything thats not specifically tech support???

stingstungme
Minnow
Minnow
216 Posts

[Post New]by stingstungme on Jun 30, 15 3:21 AM
Yaelle wrote:I hate to ask this again but as of right now there are THREE different threads that appear as though each of them can be the place to post reviews. So ....... whats the deal? Which one do we use?

If there is one created by Big Fish that says simply that this is the game, welcome to its forum then is that where we post reviews and / or general comments & anything thats not specifically tech support???

I think certain people are either auditioning for mod or just boosting their post count. Latter is more likely. I think there are a few people who do this.

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Jun 30, 15 3:49 AM
Thats what I thought. Its kind of ...not such a good thing. You end up having - on the forum for every game I've seen in a long while - multiple places where one type of post goes.

And its bad enough already with the fact that they seem to literally NEVER delete any post, no matter what, just lock them. So there've been games where spammers have made it in & rather than remove the spam, mods will lock those posts!!! Thats just the most non-sensical thing I've ever seen on any forum yet. Too much cluttter.

doylebaby
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by doylebaby on Jun 30, 15 5:49 AM
First of all there is way too much text to read, in a font that isn't big enough.

Then when you start the first level - in tutorial mode - it is totally unclear what you're supposed to do.

After clicking a lot on the character als well as the surroundings without anything happening, just a message that 'you can't built a settlement there' I gave up.

A no buy for me I'm afraid.

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Jun 30, 15 6:31 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Egyptian Settlement 2: New Worlds here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, as do the developers as well as your fellow gamers. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Egyptian Settlement 2: New Worlds.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM any one of our Moderators.

bfgWaimea

karenmusik
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by karenmusik on Jun 30, 15 4:37 PM
I agree that the font is WAY too small. The game also requires a regular mouse, which means it is difficult to play on a laptop. I have a touchscreen, but can't use that function. I had to quit after 10 minutes due to frustration. No buy.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 1, 15 1:47 AM
The game does not require a regular mouse. I play this game on my laptop, and have no problems. Of course, this game is not designed for touchscreen use. There are games that are made specifically for the touchscreen, but this is not one of them.

This is quite a good game. It's not your usual run-of-the-mill TM game, but something that requires strategy more than anything. And patience.

I would suggest to start with "Endless Game" to get familiar with the in and outs, and to experiment, and then try your luck with the Campaigns.

Mystic_cam
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by Mystic_cam on Jul 1, 15 9:55 PM
I am finding that the controls are very clunky. I found the first game a lot of fun. The controls here however I am finding very frustrating and really diminishing my enjoyment of what should be a good game, if it is like the first.

Edited on 07/01/2015 at 9:56:19 PM PST

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Jul 2, 15 3:03 AM
I actually greatly dislike this game & that *never* happens with TMs. I dont know if this had been originally created back in the early 90s & just made its way over here, or what but I have to say it was a huge relief to find out that I was not alone in not being able to figure out what the heck is going on.

Its not just that you cannot assign workers their tasks or see what they're doing or figure out how to get them to do what you want them to do! Its also knowing how & why to do all that and much, much more. I will nominate Egyptian Settlement 2 for the Least Intuitive, Worst Instructions Ever award.

I know somebody reading this must think I'm just a fool who isnt reading the instructions (or lack thereof) but trust me: there's nothing about this that makes any sense. I played the day it came out & again today, hoping that something would click and it never did - unless you count the tediousness of having to drag while right clicking to move the screen around.

kyrisong1
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by kyrisong1 on Jul 2, 15 6:21 AM
seriously hard to move around, although the gist of the game is one I typically like, the clunky movement had me deleting in the first 10 minutes, no buy

opiesmom
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by opiesmom on Jul 2, 15 7:42 PM
Ditto everything Doylebaby said. Way too much text to read right off the bat and then you're dumped in the desert with no clue what to do. Deleted it after about 2 minutes in.

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on Jul 4, 15 9:29 AM
Yaelle wrote:I actually greatly dislike this game & that *never* happens with TMs. I dont know if this had been originally created back in the early 90s & just made its way over here, or what but I have to say it was a huge relief to find out that I was not alone in not being able to figure out what the heck is going on.

Its not just that you cannot assign workers their tasks or see what they're doing or figure out how to get them to do what you want them to do! Its also knowing how & why to do all that and much, much more. I will nominate Egyptian Settlement 2 for the Least Intuitive, Worst Instructions Ever award.

I know somebody reading this must think I'm just a fool who isnt reading the instructions (or lack thereof) but trust me: there's nothing about this that makes any sense. I played the day it came out & again today, hoping that something would click and it never did - unless you count the tediousness of having to drag while right clicking to move the screen around.

I don't think you're a fool. I'm right there with you.

Suzzzzz
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by Suzzzzz on Jul 5, 15 2:17 PM
I like this game, however I don't mind redoing levels and figuring things out for myself. I appreciate that I can play a game like this for a few weeks rather than finish it in a few hours. I didn't do the tutorial and just jumped in the deep end.

moesart
Minnow
Minnow
242 Posts

I LOVE THIS GAME

[Post New]by moesart on Jul 8, 15 8:26 AM
This is a hidden gem. I enjoy playing it in casual mode. The movements are a little antiquated. I wish the explorer could move better. But the strategy needed is fun. It's important to read the thread before each level. There are good tips. Once you learn about each new thing like statues and obelisks its important to build them on your own. A very clever game!

Csustar
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

[Post New]by Csustar on Jul 10, 15 9:13 AM
I have been a member here for a long time, and this is a sorry excuse for a good game. So much text to read to even find out what is going on, way tooooo much intricate detail to play a good TM game. A good game does not have to be so complicated that it takes a detective to find out how to play it !
This will not be a buy for me at all.
I do hope BF decides they will offer better TM games and balance it out better with all the HOG games. I don't like the games that put in the HO's and try to call it a TM/Strategy game also.
Guess it will be back to replaying the great dash, frenzy and other good games again.

[Post New]by Babykakes on Jul 24, 15 10:31 AM
After reading all the negative reviews, I felt it was time to add my 2 cents worth. At first glance, I wasn't too thrilled about this game, but because there are so few good TM games and I had 3 game credits to use, I purchased it. I'm glad I did! Yes, there are a lot of things that could be better but I do enjoy the slower pace. This is not a game for someone that likes hard challenges and fast click-fests. I have played and replayed this game for days. I like making my settlements and challenge myself to better my times. I am not interested in the first Egyptian settlement game as I am sure there are more issues with it than there is here.

Go to: