Game not advancing

[Post New]by prezddi on Jul 9, 09 7:02 AM
I completed everything at the Venice site and the Mayan site but no flag and the hint button is offering me nothing. I am stuck. If I've missed something, the game isn't giving it up.

HighlandMax
Manatee
Manatee
3,824 Posts

Re:Game not advancing

[Post New]by HighlandMax on Jul 9, 09 11:07 AM
You haven't collected all the gems........the game will not advance till all gems have been collected in the area you are presently in.

moosie111
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by moosie111 on Jul 9, 09 12:45 PM
It stated that I have all the gems and the game won't advance. The walk-through I found on gamezebo said the next move is in the Professor's basement and nothing is happening there. What to do next? Thanks for any help.

[Post New]by hpkitkat on Jul 9, 09 12:48 PM
I have got the same problem completely stuck

JammyKat
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by JammyKat on Jul 9, 09 1:22 PM
Ditto! I've gone to the gamezebo walkthrough to make sure I have all the gems, and I'm sure I have them. It's really annoying because I'd like to finish the game. I could do the whole thing over, but then it might do the same thing. If anyone has a solution to this, I'd really like to know.

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Jul 9, 09 1:25 PM
That message should say "you have NOT found all the gems." It drove me crazy for a while.

This is how you solve it and move on:

Click the map button on the top right of the screen.

You'll see blue gems floating over the flags in some places. The blue gem indicates that there are unfound gems in that area. Click on that area, and find the gems. If you can't locate them yourself, use the hint button. The hint button only works if you're in the scene where the gems are hidden.

Do this for each area that has a blue gem hovering above the completion flag.

When you've collected all the gems, the game will advance.

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Jul 9, 09 8:39 PM
It sticks for a while in between each scene. How long have you been waiting before giving up on it? They should have had a "loading" message or something to let us know what was happening!

The first few times it happened to me, I started over again, but finally realized it was just a temporary transition freeze when I left the computer to go do something.

Halotop
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by Halotop on Jul 9, 09 11:36 PM
BinLA wrote:That message should say "you have NOT found all the gems." It drove me crazy for a while.

This is how you solve it and move on:

Click the map button on the top right of the screen.

You'll see blue gems floating over the flags in some places. The blue gem indicates that there are unfound gems in that area. Click on that area, and find the gems. If you can't locate them yourself, use the hint button. The hint button only works if you're in the scene where the gems are hidden.

Do this for each area that has a blue gem hovering above the completion flag.

When you've collected all the gems, the game will advance.

[Post New]by rsaservices on Jul 10, 09 11:12 AM
I'm stuck on this too , been back over places still no moving forward ,

stuck on mayan temple and venice doh !!!!!!

[Post New]by prezddi on Jul 11, 09 6:22 AM
HighlandMax wrote:You haven't collected all the gems........the game will not advance till all gems have been collected in the area you are presently in.

I collected all the gems in venice and the mayan site. I did discover that I appeared to be missing a gem in four previous sites and I returned to them and found all but one. At the time not having all the gems didn't stop me from progressing. Thanks for the reply

[Post New]by prezddi on Jul 11, 09 6:26 AM
Ah, thank you for this. I'll try the 'hint' on site and see if I can move forward.

[Post New]by prezddi on Jul 11, 09 1:36 PM
The advice to be sure that all the gems were collected at this point in the game was Good advice. I have now completed the game.

Thank you!

eirini51
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by eirini51 on Jul 11, 09 2:36 PM
Hello everone I too have experienced difficulties with this game although I think it is absolutely fantastic and would like very much to complete it. The first game I started is stuck on the milk puzzle, once finished the game freezes. I have to take the battery out of my laptop as I cannot even exit the game because of the freeze. I changed name on the second game to start from the beginning but I am stuck in the fortunetellers cottage.
I try to put in the comb and the plants into the pot but they do not go in. I am frustrated and angry. Any suggestions and has anybody else experienced such difficulties?

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Jul 11, 09 3:11 PM
Did you stoke the fire? Are you putting the items in the pot in the order they're on the recipe? Did you put the recipe in the pot first?

JammyKat
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by JammyKat on Jul 17, 09 1:45 AM
Thanks so much BinLA. I never noticed the blue gems on the map except at the first of them game. By the time I got near the end, I had forgotten them. I wnet back and found all the gems and that did the trick!

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Jul 17, 09 6:35 AM
You're welcome. I'm glad I could help.

Go to: