FairyonPegasus
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,501 Posts

How to get the workers to gather food.

[Post New]by FairyonPegasus on Jun 30, 15 9:37 AM
Just thought I'd let other know, since I couldn't figure out how to collect food, how to do it. Or in case anyone like me also that thinks there must be some sort of glitch because the little guy disappeared and workers, nor collectors won't gather food.

First you have to hire a worker to live in your main house and collect rent. After you have 20 gold I believe? You have to hire a collector. Then once you have 50 additional gold. Click on the button for building. Then click on the arrow, hire an explorer. He's the one you send to disperse the fog, and gather food. Took me forever to figure that part out and it makes the game so much more enjoyable when you know what you're doing.

dianah50
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

Re:How to get the workers to gather food.

[Post New]by dianah50 on Jun 30, 15 12:35 PM
Thanks for the tip FairyonPegasus

LD3333
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by LD3333 on Jun 30, 15 4:57 PM
I ran into the same problem. Took me awhile to figure it out.

[Post New]by PeterPan16 on Jun 30, 15 4:59 PM
OMG!! Thank you soooo much!

athene72
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by athene72 on Jul 1, 15 9:53 AM
okay but I am finding my explorer cant collect fast enough, can you get food from fields or bakery or fishermen/ otherwise what is the point of them

[Post New]by bickerlynne on Jul 6, 15 11:41 AM
You either have to stay on top of the building and collect with your pointer or hire carriers to collect for you. I found I needed at least 5 carriers so I didn't have to stay in one area.

[Post New]by Books_Garden on Jul 19, 15 2:35 PM
athene72 wrote:okay but I am finding my explorer cant collect fast enough, can you get food from fields or bakery or fishermen/ otherwise what is the point of them

As soon as your Explorer finds a patch of green near water, set up a fishing hut for the fastest way to make food. It helps to have your Explorer stand in the berry bushes as often as possible to also add food. I try to get a fishing hut going as fast as possible on most levels.

You have to have a green area before you can build a fishing hut, and it has to be near water.

To get food from the farm, you have to build a farm near or on green, and then need to create fields (to grow the wheat), build a mill (to grind the wheat into flour), and build a bakery (to bake the bread) before those start producing.

Go to: