Any ideas when BFG will get this game?

princesschaos1st
Narwhal
Narwhal
34,838 Posts

Re:nancy drew ransom of the seven ships

[Post New]by princesschaos1st on Jul 9, 09 3:44 PM
welcome to the pond

We do not know when games are coming out. As the other Nancy Drew games are here I am sure that one will come here too

[Post New]by Browneyed_cat on Jul 9, 09 11:15 PM
is out for purchase at herinteractive but when will bfg get it

john_murray2
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by john_murray2 on Jul 10, 09 6:57 AM
The game is out right now guys but there is no phone buddies in this one there is only george and nancy drew.
its only available by purchase online or at the stores.

Edited on 07/10/2009 at 6:58:51 AM PST

Rose427
Stingray
Stingray
4,519 Posts

[Post New]by Rose427 on Jul 10, 09 7:37 AM
I am tempted to contact customer service to see if they will at least give me a hint on when it will be released...

MrsSkippy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,388 Posts

[Post New]by MrsSkippy on Jul 10, 09 8:26 AM
john_murray2 wrote:The game is out right now guys but there is no phone buddies in this one there is only george and nancy drew.
its only available by purchase online or at the stores.

It's only available online right now, at the developers site, preorders. It isn't released to the stores until July 14th.

Edited on 07/10/2009 at 8:27:09 AM PST

[Post New]by nancythesleuth on Jul 14, 09 10:42 AM
It's officially out now, I'm hoping it'll be available here soon..anyone heard anything about its release here? Any news?

TeresaRollen
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,896 Posts

[Post New]by TeresaRollen on Jul 14, 09 10:45 AM
I will buy this one in the store because I have boxed copies of all the others. I plan to get two....one for me and one for my niece for Christmas.

hallpall
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by hallpall on Jul 14, 09 2:52 PM
I bought it online and I find it booooring !!! After I played Return to M.I. 2, Nancy seems like beeing all about mini-games and driving/sailing around. Not much to find out or discover. I am so disappointed.

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Jul 14, 09 2:54 PM
I'm not finding the game boring, but I *am* finding it to be one of the most difficult Nancy Drew games that I have played. Even the great walkthrough writer at Gameboomers, who did the walkthrough for this game and is an ace at puzzles, said the same thing. There are also puzzles that are timed (although with a little judicious saving at the right points, this can be worked around somewhat). So, I'm liking the game pretty well, but I am ending up having to look at a walkthrough a lot more than I would wish.

I was thinking about all of this today, and I would say that for those who like a lot of difficult puzzles, this will probably be on their favorites list for ND games; for those who do not and rather prefer lots of character interaction/dialogue instead, this will probably be a disappointment for them.

Edited on 07/14/2009 at 3:02:43 PM PST

tonleee
Minnow
Minnow
266 Posts

[Post New]by tonleee on Jul 14, 09 6:06 PM
I am finding it to be the most difficult as well! I am glad it is not just me. I am enjoying it...but it is taking me longer to finish then normal. With the last ND game, BF got it about 2 weeks after it arrived in stores.

[Post New]by nancythesleuth on Jul 15, 09 6:33 AM
Urgh, I'm tempted to order it from Her, but I have 1 game credit here and I don't want to pay the full price for a download version...I don't think it'll arrive here in Asia soon, so a download version is my only hope..

Kristifun
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
412 Posts

[Post New]by Kristifun on Jul 15, 09 8:13 AM
I'm looking forward for BFG to get this game too.I've seen the screenshoots and the trailer which made me believe it's a grar game.

STL531
Minnow
Minnow
267 Posts

[Post New]by STL531 on Jul 15, 09 7:20 PM
I was too impatient and downloaded it from the Her Interactive website... I was also wondering if it would even show up on Big Fish what with the new pricing structure.

Anyway, if and when it does, I think it's a great game. I agree with the others who have said that it is more puzzle-centric (waaaaay less dialogue), and that some of the puzzles are pretty tricky. I really enjoyed this one and only had a couple spots where I needed an in-game hint and only one where I needed to look at a walkthrough (which for me is much less than normal). I also felt like the game-play time on this one was longer than some other ND games that I have played. I'd probably put it in my top three favorite ND games!

[Post New]by takychow on Jul 17, 09 8:41 AM
STL531 wrote: I was also wondering if it would even show up on Big Fish what with the new pricing structure.

Big Fish will probably get the game considering that for HER they are selling a lot more copies than they would in stores or on their site, regardless of it's price, i'm sure they'd make more money in the end..

And DOES ANYONE KNOW WHEN BIG FISH IS GETTING THE GAME?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

TeresaRollen
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,896 Posts

[Post New]by TeresaRollen on Jul 17, 09 8:46 AM
I just got this in the mail today from Amazon. Forgot I ordered it. I will probably put this one away for my niece for Christmas. One Christmas present done in July...part of one. I will get her something else too.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Jul 17, 09 9:04 AM
As a couple of folks have suggested above- the game is "very difficult".
It really is!

Not sure what else to say without spoiling anything but be prepared for it not being like previous Nancy's.

Timebomb007
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,767 Posts

[Post New]by Timebomb007 on Jul 17, 09 6:46 PM
Coming soon to Big Fish Games?!

Rocknchick
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,042 Posts

[Post New]by Rocknchick on Jul 17, 09 10:08 PM
...... ......

monkeyface881
Manatee
Manatee
4,138 Posts

[Post New]by monkeyface881 on Jul 18, 09 3:42 AM
Well I managed to find nancy drew: ransom of the seven ships on BFG today, it was hidden on the site and only the strategy guide shows up in the search results, so i clicked the strategy guide and then there was a link to re-direct me to buying the game. So, of course i bought it! but its not downloading for me ive tried everything but its just not letting me download! what to do??!

Go to: