Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Vacation Adventures: Cruise Director 2 here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jul 1, 15 12:44 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 07/01/2015 at 6:13:30 AM PST

mystery39
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Vacation Adventures: Cruise Director 2 here.

[Post New]by mystery39 on Jul 1, 15 1:03 AM
I am using windows 7 and the game will not start. Download seems ok but when i press play nothing happens.

4mybirds4
Salmon
Salmon
2,663 Posts

[Post New]by 4mybirds4 on Jul 1, 15 1:10 AM
This is the first time that my Avast is blocking the download of a game. I'm not quite sure how to get around this issue.
I have the first Vacation Adventures, and had no problem with it.

88blyth
Catfish
Catfish
1,705 Posts

[Post New]by 88blyth on Jul 1, 15 1:32 AM
same problem here, avast is blocking the game, no problem with the first game, downloads fine but will not play...HELP

i have even unintsalled and re installed game manager to see if that helps, but it did not
using windows 7

Edited on 07/01/2015 at 1:35:18 AM PST

letseat
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by letseat on Jul 1, 15 2:13 AM
Just like the 1st game--Too many Tech Issues.. Fix games--make $$$ OK Don't fix lol----no$$$$...

New1
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by New1 on Jul 1, 15 2:45 AM
Are you kidding me? Again a game that won't play!!! BF..not good!

HoosierAmy
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,227 Posts

[Post New]by HoosierAmy on Jul 1, 15 3:56 AM
Have played hundred's of bfg. This one won't even start! My task manager says it is already running. Rebooted comp....same thing. win xp

Penguin29
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by Penguin29 on Jul 1, 15 4:11 AM
Me too... no prob with 1st game. I get "S3e application stopped working" - game won't even start. Windows vista

markb
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by markb on Jul 1, 15 4:57 AM
Purchased with game credit without trying the demo based on past experience with games from this developer. Game installed without issues but when I attempt to run it, it starts to load then immediately appears to shut down. OS is Vista. No messages in either system or application event logs. Task manager shows 2 instances of bfgclient.exe (as expected) and 1 instance of bfggameservices.exe which shows up when I try to start the game from Game Manager and remains running even when I shut down Game Manager. The description displayed in task manager for bfggameservices.exe is "Big Fish Games: Game Services Application". I have to "end process" to get it to unload.

Please advise.

Update: Tried uninstall/re-install but the results are exactly the same. Game still won't load.

Edited on 07/01/2015 at 10:08:31 AM PST

HoosierAmy
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,227 Posts

[Post New]by HoosierAmy on Jul 1, 15 5:04 AM
Says something that there are more posts in the TECH thread than the REVIEW thread.

RaceCat3
Marlin
Marlin
9,644 Posts

[Post New]by RaceCat3 on Jul 1, 15 5:17 AM
Same here with Avast blocking installation. Never had this problem with any other Vacation Adventures games.

Edited to add at 1:30 p.m. Returned from work, tried the install, and it worked! Thanks for fixing! Now, hopefully everything will work when I play the demo.

Edited on 07/01/2015 at 1:31:54 PM PST

[Post New]by Magnumgirl51 on Jul 1, 15 5:30 AM
I just purchased this game and cannot play; under programs, it says it is 'locked'. I am using windows 7 with firefox. What is the problem? Like others, I have all of these games and can play any of the ones I have already purchased, but there seems to be a big issue with this new one. Please fix this; I have never had any problems with Big Fish and love the games, but am considering dropping my membership if this s not corrected today.

[Post New]by cvin42 on Jul 1, 15 5:45 AM
i have windows vista and cannot play.i played the 1st vacations without a problem.so what is the issue

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Jul 1, 15 6:14 AM
Hi Everyone,

If there's trouble with getting Vacation Adventures: Cruise Director 2 to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

In some cases, we can provide a known solution for technical issues in the Forums. In addition, some of our tech savvy pond residents may also swim by with good tips and suggestions. However, we're unable to provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. This is because the Forums are not well suited for the type of information-gathering and troubleshooting that's needed in order to correct issues of this nature.

If you're unable to get a game working properly using our Help pages or the tips posted here, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact Customer Support on the front page of our Help pages section.

Contacting Customer Support will help us to gather necessary information on what types of systems are being affected by the problem and to share this information with the developer in order to work towards a fix.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting Customer Support, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgWaimea

mystery39
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by mystery39 on Jul 1, 15 6:47 AM
I have just uninstalled and re-installed and it is now working.

deejae101
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by deejae101 on Jul 1, 15 7:56 AM
Windows XP fully updated

Game will not load.

Very disappointed, as this is the first game that's not a CE I would have considered purchasing.

HoosierAmy
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,227 Posts

[Post New]by HoosierAmy on Jul 1, 15 8:02 AM
uninstalled/reinstalled still no go...really wanted this one...

tdmj5
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by tdmj5 on Jul 1, 15 8:03 AM
Same thing here game won't load or play. I have windows vista and firefox

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Jul 1, 15 8:34 AM
Are you kidding me! Once again another game that won't even start. Windows Vista/PC. I have NO MORE WORDS!

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Jul 1, 15 9:00 AM
Decided I wanted this game and tried to "quit" to go purchase, after I clicked quit all I got was the dreaded blue screen. Had to TURN OFF my computer to get out, the task manager wouldn't even come up. Running Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit completely updated drivers, graphics et al. Won't buy until a fix comes out. Cute game, good graphics etc.

Edited: I uninstalled and reinstalled and the game let me exit with no problems so I've purchased.

Thank you for your services.

Edited on 07/01/2015 at 2:15:32 PM PST

Go to: