Return to Mystery Island: Mina's Fate Issue

[Post New]by jlscas on Jul 10, 09 7:23 AM
Has anyone had issues with the game? I have something really funky going on with my screen... If you look at it from left to right, the game overlaps itself in the middle so you see the left side of the game twice. Does that make sense?

I have tried to find something online on how to fix this, but I am coming up empty handed. Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks for any and all advice!!

princesschaos1st
Narwhal
Narwhal
34,838 Posts

Re:Return to Mystery Island: Mina's Fate Issue

[Post New]by princesschaos1st on Jul 10, 09 7:24 AM
Contact CS by clicking on the green envelope on the right. They are wonderful

Elkestra
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,825 Posts

[Post New]by Elkestra on Jul 10, 09 7:26 AM
I've run into the same problem on my main computer (Vista x64, which probably means it'll be blamed on that first of all). I'm going to restart my computer soon to see if that fixes it, and/or re-instal DirectX... but it'll have to wait until something else has finished downloading.

Failing that, I'll be trying it on my laptop (still Vista, but 32-bit).

I'll let you know if I come up with anything.

[Post New]by jlscas on Jul 10, 09 7:37 AM
Thank you both. I am contacting Tech Help too.

I have re-installed the game with my virus protection off to see if that helps. I will also re-start if it doesn't work this time.

Thanks again!

bfgEuphrates
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,152 Posts

[Post New]by bfgEuphrates on Jul 10, 09 10:00 AM
Hi Everyone,

I'm glad that you've already contacted our Customer Support team, jlscas! I hope everything is back up and running soon!

I also wanted to let you know that I've moved this thread over to the full game forum for Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate, just a heads up!

Cheers!

bfgEuphrates

Edited on 07/10/2009 at 1:59:28 PM PST

[Post New]by misha39 on Jul 10, 09 4:08 PM
Help, i got mina out of the helocopter with jep's help, but now I can't get him to move to go get the medicine for mina's leg??

Sanderella
Minnow
Minnow
268 Posts

[Post New]by Sanderella on Jul 10, 09 7:42 PM
I had the same problem, but I updated my video driver (there are tutorials in the BFG help section that teach you how to update your video card drivers), then rebooted and it works fine.

I would DEFINITELY try updating your video card driver. I've found that 9 times out of 10 any problem I have with a BFG game is because of that.

ledheadmelli
Herring
Herring
391 Posts

[Post New]by ledheadmelli on Jul 14, 09 12:57 PM
The real problem is that some of us less-than-savvy folks are under the impression that a new computer with two brains can handle anything. It just didn't make any sense to me that my old dinosaur could handle things my new Ferrari can't.

I think I get it now: a driver is not a physical thing, but a software app, so it could easily be older than the computer you just bought. BFG offers very easy to follow instructions on just how to update them (free) at the manufacturer's website. EVEN I COULD DO IT!!!!

If I got something wrong here, please don't correct me. I'm feeling mighty smart right now

[Post New]by maxinefinney666 on Jul 14, 09 1:02 PM
You're a lot smarter than I am. I thought a driver was something used on the golf course!!!

Thanks for the info!

shastac2

extexan
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by extexan on Aug 12, 09 1:29 PM
has anyone finished the terracotta puzzle at the beach, thought that the gameboomers walkthrough had a picture but tried the way it looks and still can't get it, can't understand what the walkthrough is explaing either, would appreciate any comment.

[Post New]by SPUTNIK1958 on Aug 13, 09 11:55 AM
about the terracotta puzzle - I dont get it either - would like some help. Have anyone found out how to grow a plant to produce turqouise paint? It is the only colour I dont have.....

try by the way to watch videos from this game on YouTube. It is fun and gives some hints...

Jobo34
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by Jobo34 on Aug 24, 09 2:37 PM
sanderella do I need to update my driver if I JUST did that with my last game?

[Post New]by cherped on Aug 26, 09 5:34 AM
i was just wondering if this game is fixed yet tried to reinstall it but still comes up overlaping screen please let me know if i should try to reinstall it again or im i wasting my time. because it takes a long time to install if its not yet fixed thankyou

GGMom
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by GGMom on Mar 10, 12 3:47 PM
I'm having a problem with the game . can't reinstall it . every time it start the download it's already at 100% and a load of numbers for the MB I've tried everything, has anyone out there had this problem?

[Post New]by alvertis5706 on Mar 11, 12 5:07 AM
GGMom wrote:I'm having a problem with the game . can't reinstall it . every time it start the download it's already at 100% and a load of numbers for the MB I've tried everything, has anyone out there had this problem?

I downloaded the game a couple of days ago, and yes, the DL bar comes up saying "100 %". In the game manager, if you click on "games" under the "download queue", you'll get a read out of the progress of your actual DL. This game is about 3 GB, so expect a long download. (Mine was about 45 min. with broadband; doing it late at night with less traffic in my area!)

Go to: