paco12348
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

best game resolution?

[Post New]by paco12348 on Jul 10, 09 2:16 PM
So far I can't play the game but when it's opening with the music a box is now popping up and off so quickly I can only see something about best game resolution. I'm wondering if that would interfer with the game itself not opening. What should the resolution be?

Sanderella
Minnow
Minnow
268 Posts

Re:best game resolution?

[Post New]by Sanderella on Jul 10, 09 7:44 PM
Try updating your video card driver. There are tutorials in the BFG FAQ that walk you through updating your video card driver.

Alrydian
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Alrydian on Jul 10, 09 8:16 PM
I use 1280x768 res with no problems, try also what sanderella suggested and if your still having problems contact customer support (click on Were Here to Help! in the bottom right, then Contact Us, bottom left on the next screen) they are very helpful.

ledheadmelli
Herring
Herring
391 Posts

[Post New]by ledheadmelli on Jul 14, 09 12:41 PM
I updated my video card, which fixed my problem. However, I'm noticing that when I reboot in the morning to play again, my desktop screen is all messed up - icons are huge and all over, screen shifted to the left (there is a black bar along right side like when watching a movie in letterbox (only on the side), enough cut off from left side to make it hard to read text or choose options.

So I called my computer expert two states away and had him walk me through the fix - right click on desktop, select "NVIDIA properties" and adjust the settings to max (1440 by 900ish?). That seems to get it back to normal for one session, but the problem reoccurs each time I reboot from a shutdown.

I'm afraid to change anything without consulting my 'expert' again, but he is just as often wrong as right and not that easy to get ahold of. Has anyone discovered a resolution that is more consistent?

Go to: