duramater
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Error Messages Opening MTE

[Post New]by duramater on Jul 10, 09 4:49 PM
Suddenly I am unable to open MTE. I get three error messages, as follows: 1) MTE has encountered a problem. Please make sure you have the latest version of the game. Then when I click on either "OK" or "Cancel", I get, 2) Director Player Error. Object Expected. Then, when I click on either "OK" or "Cancel", I get 3) Director Player Error List expected for handler. # count.[i] After that, no matter how many times I click on either "OK" or "Cancel", I get message 3) -- the game goes into this loop and I have to soft boot to get out of it. I have reinstalled the game to no avail. Any suggestions as to what the problem can be?

Spazzazz
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

[Post New]by Spazzazz on Jul 10, 09 5:59 PM
duramater wrote:Suddenly I am unable to open MTE. I get three error messages, as follows: 1) MTE has encountered a problem. Please make sure you have the latest version of the game. Then when I click on either "OK" or "Cancel", I get, 2) Director Player Error. Object Expected. Then, when I click on either "OK" or "Cancel", I get 3) Director Player Error List expected for handler. # count.[i] After that, no matter how many times I click on either "OK" or "Cancel", I get message 3) -- the game goes into this loop and I have to soft boot to get out of it. I have reinstalled the game to no avail. Any suggestions as to what the problem can be?

This can happen if the kbs in yr player file is around 500 - how long have you been playing the game for?

duramater
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Re:Error Messages Opening MTE

[Post New]by duramater on Jul 10, 09 7:33 PM
Nearly every day for about 6 months (reinstalled it in March). How do I correct the problem? The game will also not let me view "myself" to see my total number of points (it always has in the past). Is this related? It now tells me I need to sign up with the community and when I do, tells me my username is already in use (because, of course, I am signed up with the community). Your help is certainly appreciated.

[Post New]by maidennutter on Jul 11, 09 2:58 AM
duramater wrote:Suddenly I am unable to open MTE. I get three error messages, as follows: 1) MTE has encountered a problem. Please make sure you have the latest version of the game. Then when I click on either "OK" or "Cancel", I get, 2) Director Player Error. Object Expected. Then, when I click on either "OK" or "Cancel", I get 3) Director Player Error List expected for handler. # count.[i] After that, no matter how many times I click on either "OK" or "Cancel", I get message 3) -- the game goes into this loop and I have to soft boot to get out of it. I have reinstalled the game to no avail. Any suggestions as to what the problem can be?

i've been playing the game since it came out and this is the 1st time i have had the error message. i uninstalled it and reinstalled it - it let me play one game, i closed it down then couldnt play again cos the error message was back

[Post New]by shazza67 on Jul 11, 09 3:56 AM
I am having the exact same problem and it started yesterday. I cannot even open it to cos like maidenutter says, it goes in a loop then and you just cant get any further. I have to control/alt/delete and get to my Task Manager to end the program.

Edited on 07/11/2009 at 4:01:31 AM PST

[Post New]by GamePrincess on Jul 11, 09 4:45 AM
This happened to me also about 2 months ago. I contact CS and thay said that they were having problems with that game. I received a free game credit for it. (CS is the best!)

I thought it was because when I got my new hard drive, there was some software that was added that I didn't have before, but I recently deleted that software and it still doesn't work. The funny thing is, I can play the game on my laptop still. The laptop is only about 2 months old.

My only suggestion is to contact CS. I don't think there is a fix for this.

Spazzazz
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

[Post New]by Spazzazz on Jul 11, 09 4:26 PM
duramater wrote:Nearly every day for about 6 months (reinstalled it in March). How do I correct the problem? The game will also not let me view "myself" to see my total number of points (it always has in the past). Is this related? It now tells me I need to sign up with the community and when I do, tells me my username is already in use (because, of course, I am signed up with the community). Your help is certainly appreciated.

Hi duramater - you may be needing the stat fix - its a fix that pulls back yr players & times files (you dont lose any points or anything like that) It is usually time to use it when yr 'players' file is around 500kbs - when it gets to this level it can lock you out of the game

To check the kbs on yr players file -

Right clik on the Mte game icon that you use to open the game -

Clik properties

Clik Find target

The window you should now be looking at - is all your Mte game data

You will see a 'player' folder - double clik to open it

This is all your Mte player data - look at the 'players' file - how many kbs is it?

Close all windows by clikn on the X (top right hand corner)

Edited on 07/11/2009 at 4:30:50 PM PST

duramater
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by duramater on Jul 12, 09 8:54 PM
The Player file is 36KB per the file properties. While I do have my Player file with my stats info, I did reinstall the program and try running it without copying my old Player file -- it still didn't work. Your help is greatly appreciated.

duramater
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by duramater on Jul 13, 09 9:27 AM
In thinking about the size of my Player file, I believe my original file has, somehow, been lost -- it should be larger than that, given the amount of time I have been playing. Regardless, the program will not open and I would appreciate help trying to figure out the reason(s) why so I can get it up and running again -- even if I have to start all over (again -- I had to in March when I reinstalled). Thanks.

Spazzazz
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

[Post New]by Spazzazz on Jul 13, 09 11:31 AM
duramater wrote:The Player file is 36KB per the file properties. While I do have my Player file with my stats info, I did reinstall the program and try running it without copying my old Player file -- it still didn't work. Your help is greatly appreciated.

[Post New]by duramater on Jul 13, 09 9:27 AM
In thinking about the size of my Player file, I believe my original file has, somehow, been lost -- it should be larger than that, given the amount of time I have been playing. Regardless, the program will not open and I would appreciate help trying to figure out the reason(s) why so I can get it up and running again -- even if I have to start all over (again -- I had to in March when I reinstalled). Thanks.

Hi Duramater,

Well yr player files fine so we can rule that out - my guess is its something to do with the install but if you been playn it up till a week or so ago then id say that the crash due to Bfgs fire has done some damage somewhere. Yes yr previous player would have been written over if you hadnt saved a copy before yr March install.

Heres what i want ya to do - make a new folder & call it the player name you use in the game - copy yr player folder into it

Uninstall the game - when its uninstalled - run a search on yr puter called Mahjong Towers Eternity - make sure to clik on 'search hidden folders' This will probably be in the advanced part of the search box - when the search is finished check the list just in case it picked up the folder you have yr player sitting in (it shouldnt but it mite) - if it did then delete everything else BUT that 1 folder -

When yv done that then do a disk cleanup - wen thats finished - reboot yr puter

The reason for all of this is you dont want any traces of the game on yr puter wen it reinstalls - (it could be that thrs been a damaged hidden file that the game has been picking up on when its been re installed previously & ya dont want it doing that)
Now try the reinstall - wen its installed - open the game - just clik cancel or wotever it is that appears wen it asks you to create a player & exit

Providing it opens follow the above (right clik Mte icon etc etc) & drag the player folder from the game onto yr desktop - COPY yr player into its place in the game. close the windows & open the game

Wen the game opens yr player will be in thr points & all
If the game will not reopen & you get the same msgs yv been getting then yr player has been corrupted & is missing something in its file

cont...

Edited on 07/13/2009 at 12:07:05 PM PST

duramater
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by duramater on Jul 13, 09 11:40 AM
Are the BigFist tech gurus aware of this problem so they can try to work on it? [i] I certainly would like to get back to playing this game (even though it looks like I'll have to start over again). I know this has been a trying time for them, but I and thousands of other fans do rely on them and appreciate their hard work.

Spazzazz
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

[Post New]by Spazzazz on Jul 13, 09 12:11 PM
Wen yv done the above - come back & post & let me know how ya get on - & we'll take it from there ...

If yr players corrupt we can look at that wen & if it happens

duramater
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by duramater on Jul 13, 09 4:51 PM
Thank you, Spazzazz, you are a genius. I had done all the above numerous times except delete hidden files. I also took the additional step of cleaning my registry afterwards, then rebooting. The game seems to be working fine, although I did lose my original Player file somewhere along the way. Oh, well -- that just gives me the challenge of getting back all those points!

Thank you again and again for taking the time to help me. You are great!!

Spazzazz
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

[Post New]by Spazzazz on Jul 13, 09 6:52 PM
duramater wrote:Thank you, Spazzazz, you are a genius. I had done all the above numerous times except delete hidden files. I also took the additional step of cleaning my registry afterwards, then rebooting. The game seems to be working fine, although I did lose my original Player file somewhere along the way. Oh, well -- that just gives me the challenge of getting back all those points!

Thank you again and again for taking the time to help me. You are great!!

Thats grt news Duramater & your very welcome am very happy for you that you back up & running again - it sure sux wen ya wana play & cant. Make sure you backup yr player folder often (copy it to that folder) so if anything goes rong yv always got an up to date 1 to fall back onto & put back in the game with all yr points - the more often ya back it up the less points ya lose if the game crashes or anything. Good luck on yr journey to 90* - any probs - postm - am usualy around in here every couple of days or so - will probably see you on the board somewhere along the line - i gota few spazza players in thr

Edited on 07/13/2009 at 6:53:27 PM PST

[Post New]by wolf_women on Dec 9, 10 12:03 PM

I am having the same problem and don't know how to fix it. I ordered a new game online it worked that night but when I went to use it next day I got the same ERRORS as you. I also have it on disk but I had to delete it and tried over again..

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Dec 9, 10 12:40 PM
Welcome to the pond wolf_women!

I'm sorry for the trouble that you're having with Mahjong Towers Eternity.

I'd definitely recommend contacting Customer Support, as they'll be able to help you out with this issue. Customer Support can be reached by clicking on the green envelope on the right-hand side of this page and then on the "Contact Us" section on the bottom left of the next page. Once you've entered your question and clicked to "Check for Answers," you'll be led to our Help pages. If these haven't helped, your question can be submitted from here.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to one of our Live Chat representatives from 9:30am-4:30pm PST Monday-Friday. To get started, just visit your “My Game Club" page.

Hope this helps!

-bfgDonau

[Post New]by soccermom98 on Dec 17, 10 6:33 PM
Had the same problem, followed instructions from BF, not I can't open the game at all. Not Happy.

Spazzazz
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

[Post New]by Spazzazz on Jan 3, 11 7:50 PM
View this thread -

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/0/135461.page#2630249

[Post New]by Mistyrl on Apr 2, 11 6:26 PM
I am having this same problem now. My computer died about a week ago. Got a new hard drive redownloaded the game and been having the problem ever since. Please help...Thank you.

[Post New]by aceman2220 on Apr 13, 11 10:52 AM
Yea, I also had the same problem today and yesterday. I only installed the game a few days ago and only passed 2 stages. Please help!

Go to: