maggierose
Catfish
Catfish
1,717 Posts

Re:MCF 2012... Picman's official clues and intrigue

[Post New]by maggierose on Nov 15, 12 7:35 PM
I've counted and counted and still can't get it, could some one pm the link.

Thank you

MJ_Mystery
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by MJ_Mystery on Nov 15, 12 7:36 PM
Well I'm off to bed guys. See you in the morning. Good night.

GameLvr30
Stingray
Stingray
4,785 Posts

[Post New]by GameLvr30 on Nov 15, 12 7:40 PM
maggierose wrote:I've counted and counted and still can't get it, could some one pm the link.

Thank you

PMed you.

[Post New]by rainingreality3 on Nov 15, 12 7:55 PM
There was a new pic posted on the fb page. Its from EFR in the asylum. The beaker that needed blood, sweat and tears.

atsfgal
Minnow
Minnow
223 Posts

[Post New]by atsfgal on Nov 15, 12 8:18 PM
saskatil wrote:I know I've said this before, but I've seen the video and haven't seen anything really 'new'.
EFR was psychologically challenging, RTR had the best door puzzles, and a kind of nostalgia and poignancy I haven't encountered anywhere else.
The devs blog comments that they take a lot of inspiration from movies, especially for the current project; and that there will be more mid tech games focusing on innovative gameplay, immersive experiences etc , make me think that future MCF games will be more mid-range, and targeted for perhaps a younger audience (just MHO)
I still can't get excited about the game. Does anyone else feel this way?

(I guess I am still desperately longing for a great adult game to appear, but it seems those days may be gone)

I always find something unexpected and exciting in Big Fish games. And I do feel that tries inject a special (warped, wry) humor also. (remember Lowlights last year?). Who else can think up all the characters we've come to know and love. Spry Guy and Vinny the Chin comes to mind. Madame Fate is a personal favorite that I play time and time again.

Bordrblaze
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by Bordrblaze on Nov 15, 12 8:28 PM
PM the link please. guess I'm going blind or lost the ability to count? thanks!

sunfish09
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,595 Posts

[Post New]by sunfish09 on Nov 15, 12 8:29 PM
Saskatil I hope there is a lot of game play in MCF 9 and that We don't have to sit and "wait" too much watching the Actors.
Don't get me wrong Lea sounds great in the trailer I don't want to watch a clip for 10 min and then play for only 2min.

Every Year MCF comes up with something brand new that no one else has done before and I'm sure this game will have it too.

MCF games are the only games I buy right away without demo it.

Edited on 11/15/2012 at 8:32:34 PM PST

Addreamy
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by Addreamy on Nov 15, 12 8:30 PM
saskatil wrote:I know I've said this before, but I've seen the video and haven't seen anything really 'new'.
EFR was psychologically challenging, RTR had the best door puzzles, and a kind of nostalgia and poignancy I haven't encountered anywhere else.
The devs blog comments that they take a lot of inspiration from movies, especially for the current project; and that there will be more mid tech games focusing on innovative gameplay, immersive experiences etc , make me think that future MCF games will be more mid-range, and targeted for perhaps a younger audience (just MHO)

(I guess I am still desperately longing for a great adult game to appear, but it seems those days may be gone)

Actually - I didn't see anything "new" in the trailers for the last 2 games, and boy was I wrong on both counts. I've learned to trust MCF to enthrall and challenge me. They take risks, and I appreciate that, even if I'm not always loving every single one of them. I'm excited about the game, simply because i DO trust MCF to deliver something worth my time and credits. I'm not sure what you mean by a "great adult game" - i'm 50 as of last Tuesday and as long as it isn't Diablo or a shoot-em-up, I'll be happy. I am not expecting another Myst - this is casual gaming, not elaborate production time, but MCF comes as close as the H0/adventure game has come in the past 15 years to the games I used to love so much. The trailer had me grinning from ear to ear - This should be FUN!

mandi_berg
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by mandi_berg on Nov 15, 12 8:31 PM
Hey Sas, can't say I share the same feelings, but that doesn't mean you aren't entitled to yours! and it's great to see another perspective that isn't all sparkles and rainbows.
Everything I've seen so far looks like they are pushing the bar and putting all their resources into making a very enjoyable gaming experience. No one else puts out casual games of the same caliber and I've never been disappointed with a MCF game. Everything I've seen just makes me more and more excited to play this next week! I'm looking forward to reading your opinions after you've played the game too Sas!

Eoarod
Flounder
Flounder
2,391 Posts

[Post New]by Eoarod on Nov 15, 12 8:35 PM
You been pm'd Borderblaze Enjoy!!

Did anyone else watch Big Bang Theory tonight? I was DYING of laughter when Raj & Howard were trying to figure out "43" - it was US!!! If only we had access to a Mars Rover camera to spy on Picman & Hondo...

I think I'm going to start Ravenhearst tonight - dying to look at that diary again Weird playing a non-CE MCF!

sunfish09
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,595 Posts

[Post New]by sunfish09 on Nov 15, 12 8:37 PM
Eoarod I was watching it a little bit .

Bordrblaze
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by Bordrblaze on Nov 15, 12 8:44 PM
Thanks for the link!

Now I'm like a little kid waiting for Santa to come.....

[Post New]by questforspirit on Nov 15, 12 8:48 PM
Addreamy wrote:

Actually - I didn't see anything "new" in the trailers for the last 2 games, and boy was I wrong on both counts. I've learned to trust MCF to enthrall and challenge me. They take risks, and I appreciate that, even if I'm not always loving every single one of them. I'm excited about the game, simply because i DO trust MCF to deliver something worth my time and credits. I'm not sure what you mean by a "great adult game" - i'm 50 as of last Tuesday and as long as it isn't Diablo or a shoot-em-up, I'll be happy. I am not expecting another Myst - this is casual gaming, not elaborate production time, but MCF comes as close as the H0/adventure game has come in the past 15 years to the games I used to love so much. The trailer had me grinning from ear to ear - This should be FUN!

Edited on 11/15/2012 at 8:51:31 PM PST

Eoarod
Flounder
Flounder
2,391 Posts

[Post New]by Eoarod on Nov 15, 12 8:49 PM
sun - hope you got some laughs out of it!

Border - oh good you DID find it

FYI - the Trailer has now been moved to the second page of "News" on the Unmentionable Clue Site - scared me for a sec until I found it - was afraid fishies across the pond might not get to see it!!

shanette1706
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by shanette1706 on Nov 15, 12 8:49 PM
Good morning everyone!!

And before I say anything else - I MUST WATCH TRAILER (found it! )

Thanks Hondoooo!

Eoarod They haven't shown the latest episode of TBBT here!!! Argh I'm dying to watch it. We could visit Caltech, see if they have any equipment there, eh...

Edit: The only criticism I have of that trailer is that it's too short! Loved it!!!!

Looks like Ghost Patrol have stirred up some trouble, which may have been initially caused by a guy in prison. I think a lot of us did go down that track

Yay! Only a few more days now!!!

Edited again for spelling. Too excited to type right!!

Edited on 11/15/2012 at 9:01:03 PM PST

jpape
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by jpape on Nov 15, 12 9:05 PM
Two things before bedtime:

Shanette, I agree--the clip was too short. Makes me want more and now!

Eoarod, Big Bang was great--again I can't get enough of it.

Nite all!

Eoarod
Flounder
Flounder
2,391 Posts

[Post New]by Eoarod on Nov 15, 12 9:27 PM
questforspirit - I agree...well mostly, I wasn't an EFR fan - though did play and did like getting SOME loose ends tied up; but have to say it was a brilliant done game - just not to my taste! I've loved every MCF and replay all of them. I can't imagine being dissapointed in Shadow Lake - even with all our pre-game hype!!

I guess I am a pretty good example of MCF optimism lol - I was truly dissapointed in EFR - but if you go back to page 1 of this thread - there I am champing at the bit!

Will join you in a joint *sigh* over Myst - man those were good games; and I agree MCF (and many other games on BFG by some of our fave devs) are as close to those as we'll get again!

shanette - hope you get to see BBT soon! We must add "Raid Caltech" to our "To Do" list for next year's spec thread

jpape - we'll need to start a BBT 12 Step thread in Chit Chat...I own all the seasons and still watch the re-runs and the new ones...and yes - I DO own a Wesley Crushers bowling t-shirt

I'm off to actually play one of our great BFG games for a while! All this excitement has worn me out & we'll need to be rested and fresh for whatever crazy challenge they toss at us tomorrow!

playzmuzic
Minnow
Minnow
250 Posts

[Post New]by playzmuzic on Nov 15, 12 9:27 PM
I am not expecting another Myst

I love Myst.
So beautiful. So puzzling. Ah, what a story...

[Post New]by kittymaverick on Nov 15, 12 9:36 PM
Found the two posts and the two words, and then my neurons misfired...

Help with a PM please? ;_;

Eoarod
Flounder
Flounder
2,391 Posts

[Post New]by Eoarod on Nov 15, 12 9:42 PM
kittymaverick wrote:Found the two posts and the two words, and then my neurons misfired...

Help with a PM please? ;_;

You've been pm'd

Go to: