UPDATE

mcurbelo
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

UPDATE

[Post New]by mcurbelo on Jul 2, 15 7:20 PM
NO GOOD.... I downloaded again. In the game manager, I pressed option and manual updated. It informed me there were no updates. When the game finished downloading, I pressed the game and the Game Manager closed and reopened. CANNOT PLAY GAME......

ADVISE PLEASE..

beckykay
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

Re:UPDATE

[Post New]by beckykay on Jul 2, 15 8:17 PM
Same thing for me. I downloaded the updated version of the game but it still won't play. The game manager closes per usual, but then instead of the game launching, the game manager re-opens! The game won't launch. I don't understand how the developers can so not know what they are doing. SMH.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 2, 15 8:22 PM
I never had any "technical" problems as such, but the odd quirky thing here and there.

Anyway, I restarted the game with a new profile, and everything ran smooth after that.

However, seeing the new update, I did install it - the update showed up on the left of my Game Manager - and the game works just fine for me.

Using Win7, 64-bit laptop.

[Post New]by vygoda on Jul 3, 15 1:49 AM
No good for me either, grrrrrrr

LynneHS56
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by LynneHS56 on Jul 3, 15 2:53 AM
I installed the update, clicked to start game, GM closed but the game did open, pressed play & it opened where I had finished & I STILL could not get the third dress & the curser went off to the top left hand corner. Guess I can start again with new profile but it's not good enough!

sedbee
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by sedbee on Jul 3, 15 3:15 AM
same problem here ....please do something!!

ElderJen
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by ElderJen on Jul 3, 15 3:39 AM
Same here, Lynne... I have had to start from scratch and it is taking forever. I am losing the will to live with this game. Such a pity as I initially loved it.

UPDATE

[Post New]by GATTIP on Jul 3, 15 3:43 AM
mcurbelo wrote:NO GOOD.... I downloaded again. In the game manager, I pressed option and manual updated. It informed me there were no updates. When the game finished downloading, I pressed the game and the Game Manager closed and reopened. CANNOT PLAY GAME......

ADVISE PLEASE..

[Post New]by GATTIP on Jul 3, 15 3:47 AM
still not working this sucks !!!!!!!

LynneHS56
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

Re:UPDATE BLACK CAT

[Post New]by LynneHS56 on Jul 3, 15 4:24 AM
Ok so started again under new name - now game froze on black cat on fence so I have never even found out if update fixed the dress!

pidgie65
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by pidgie65 on Jul 3, 15 4:42 AM
After the update, I made it to a gate, where the game crashed again. Truly disgusted.

[Post New]by ehammock on Jul 3, 15 7:19 AM
installed update. When I press play game manager closes. Then the screen goes black for a second like the game is about to start. Then the game manager opens with the play again button on the screen. Its like the game opened, but the closed itself. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game twice since then, and it still does the same thing. I am using Windows 7 and have never had a problems with BFG games like this before. If this problem is not fixed by the end of next week on July 11 I would like my game credits back. I will then permanently uninstall this game. In the future if I have problems with other BFG games like this I will probably cancel my membership, and stop buying games from this company.

cjdj99
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by cjdj99 on Jul 3, 15 8:02 AM
I installed the fix from my game manager and still had problems so I deleted it and then went to my account under "purchase history" and reinstalled and had no problems. The game worked fine and i was able to finish it. Note: I couldn't pick up where I left off so I created a new profile.

[Post New]by lostfish on Jul 3, 15 8:13 AM
I am having the same issues !! I've uninstalled the game and reinstalled but still can't play it. when I press play it closes game manager acts like its going to open game up then game manager comes back up. getting VERY FRUSTRATED !!! Need to fix whatever bug is causing this or give me my credits back too !!!

angua2001
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by angua2001 on Jul 3, 15 9:09 AM
I am also having the same problems. The game launches and you see the splash screen with the image of a cat and the game developers name, and then the exe file simply stops working. Clearly the code fix is also bugged. FYI I also uninstalled the original game I had purchased and downloaded the game again so I had a clean version, but this did not help.

Is the game going to be fixed again? It is certainly unplayable for me, I have an up to date windows 8 PC btw.

[Post New]by jkl4747 on Jul 3, 15 10:06 AM
I am having same problem with the dress and didn't get an update but judging from the messages It wouldn't have done any good. I have deleted games before that didn't work and I believe if this doesn't get a update or a solution this will make 3 I have deleted because of no solution and I have never had a credit on any game that didn't work please come up with some solutions or someone needs to preview these games before listing them for purchase.

[Post New]by zotti65 on Jul 3, 15 10:07 AM
I tried to upload the game again with the bigfish game manager....my norton antivirus popped up and gave me a warning about a virus:Filename: launcher.exe
Threat name: SONAR.Heuristic.132
Full Path: c:\program files (x86)\spirit of revenge - elizabeths secret collector's edition\launcher.exe

Apparently it is located in the launcher....could somebody please check into this!!!
I update my norton daily!!!

I will email this also to the support!!!!

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Jul 3, 15 12:33 PM
jkl4747 wrote:I am having same problem with the dress and didn't get an update but judging from the messages It wouldn't have done any good. I have deleted games before that didn't work and I believe if this doesn't get a update or a solution this will make 3 I have deleted because of no solution and I have never had a credit on any game that didn't work please come up with some solutions or someone needs to preview these games before listing them for purchase.

You won't get any Coupons by just posting in the forum.

Go to the bottom of this page.

Click on "Customer Support".

On the page that comes up, look in the Bottom Left Corner.

Click on "Contact Us".

Then Complete the Form that comes up.

I have been a member of Big Fish Games for 9 years since May 2006. They have always given me a Replacement Game Coupon for games with Technical Problems when I asked for it.

HTH

[Post New]by anita1968 on Jul 4, 15 8:07 AM
have installed the update for the game but still cant get the 3rd dress on hidden object game hint keeps bringing me to top left hand corner but no dress seriously fed up now spending money for these games and not able to play

[Post New]by playtillidrop on Jul 4, 15 11:21 AM
I am having the same problem as almost everyone else. When I click on the game the game manager opens and says play again. The update was useless!!!!! Is there going to be a fix for this game or not? I would love to play it but as of today 7/17/2015 it still will not play. Game manager opens and says would you like to play again. Please give us an answer to this!!

Edited on 07/17/2015 at 6:00:25 PM PST

Go to: