Edit: *burying self over how obvious that was...*

Edited on 11/15/2012 at 9:46:01 PM PST

Eoarod
Flounder
Flounder
2,391 Posts

Re:MCF 2012... Picman's official clues and intrigue

[Post New]by Eoarod on Nov 15, 12 9:45 PM
OK - seriously, I mean it - I'm leaving for a bit but...just started Ravenhearst again & want to add to my MCF SL wish list - achievements! I am a total goober over achievements! I loved the "Top Scores" in Ravenhearst too. Just opening the game reminded me I used to ONLY want H0 games with scores LOLOL loved to see how much faster I could play each time I re-played

samspunker
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by samspunker on Nov 15, 12 10:12 PM
Looks like that motorcycle is in a lot of scenes in the trailer. You guys are probably right, we've traded in the car for a Hondo!

I mean Hoonda......

shanette1706
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by shanette1706 on Nov 15, 12 10:16 PM
I think I've almost memorised the trailer - and her voice makes it all the more easier to watch I think it will be a while before our next clue (but please prove me wrong!) I shall be swimming nearby tonight.

I guess I'll see you when you come back, Eoarod Well I gave in and watched it online (as I always do) Haha love the duo as usual. "Million dollar camera, ten dollar lock..." (Wesley crusher shirt?? Dang I'd kill for one!) And yeah let's start that thread =P

I think I'll be R-ingTR soon I loved EFR. The fact that it was gruesome (well I could handle it ) and crazy scenarios that left my heart pounding.. Nothing beats that!

Edited on 11/15/2012 at 10:17:22 PM PST

akfrosty
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by akfrosty on Nov 15, 12 10:16 PM
Could someone pm me the link also? Thanks

shanette1706
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by shanette1706 on Nov 15, 12 10:18 PM
pm'ed you, akfrosty!

playzmuzic
Minnow
Minnow
250 Posts

[Post New]by playzmuzic on Nov 15, 12 10:26 PM
want to add to my MCF SL wish list - achievements! I am a total goober over achievements! I loved the "Top Scores" in Ravenhearst too. Just opening the game reminded me I used to ONLY want H0 games with scores LOLOL loved to see how much faster I could play each time I re-played

But please no more of the 'found ten objects in ten seconds' type. I'm not entirely proficient with my touch pad and I frustrate easily.

akfrosty
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by akfrosty on Nov 15, 12 10:29 PM
Thanks for the link, now it is going to be hard to wait until next week.

purplealikat
Herring
Herring
395 Posts

[Post New]by purplealikat on Nov 15, 12 10:42 PM
I love the trailer. Watched it several times. From what we see, it looks like the RBoD has caused mayhem in this town. I'm thinking that the finding of the relic either 1) killed off everyone in town or 2) drove off everyone in town or 3) a combination. If there was a catastrophic event (explosion, earthquake, etc.) I think the RBoD is the cause of it.

I love the motorcycle! It does appear to be a tad tall for me (I admit it....there is a REASON I'm called squaty body). I'll have to dig out my extra tall heeled motorcycle boots, or this detective will spend all her time picking her bike up when she stops!

happyasaclam
Minnow
Minnow
292 Posts

[Post New]by happyasaclam on Nov 15, 12 11:08 PM
hi fishes will try this again as we all do at times i hit the wrong thing & poof went my post oh well maybe this time hummm can you please send me the info on the trailer cant find the blame thing rrrrrrr thanks for the help fishes. have a great nite will come back later to see very sneak to find hondo

ramps01
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by ramps01 on Nov 15, 12 11:20 PM
happyasaclam wrote:hi fishes will try this again as we all do at times i hit the wrong thing & poof went my post oh well maybe this time hummm can you please send me the info on the trailer cant find the blame thing rrrrrrr thanks for the help fishes. have a great nite will come back later to see very sneak to find hondo

Pm'd you

Eoarod
Flounder
Flounder
2,391 Posts

[Post New]by Eoarod on Nov 15, 12 11:33 PM
Glad folks are still getting their first peek at the Trailer! What a fun day long adventure!

I really want to stay & spec some more - I'm sure folks will keep noticing great details - but man I forgot how hard the H0 scenes are in R'hearst! My eyes and brain are knackered! Nite all! Sleep tight and dream of....

The Runic Bone of Death (echo, echo, echo....)

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

[Post New]by vingilot on Nov 15, 12 11:35 PM
Oooh! The trailer is out? Is that at the official MCF site? I'll have to look that up tomorrow. I should be sleeping right now.

[Post New]by lazydogblue1 on Nov 16, 12 1:13 AM
Could someone please pm me the link for the trailer? Thanks. Haven't added anything to this discussion I'm afraid ( one of our dogs is over 15 and has has a rough time lately and needs lots of attention) but I love to see what theories and suggestions others are putting forward and this year it seems so many have been on the right track. I've followed the MCF threads for 3 years and can't wait to play Shadow Lake Dire Grove was my favourite - I live in the uk and even though it was mild weather down here in Cornwall, I felt the Dire Grove cold the whole time I played!

p.s. to be honest - even without an old poorly dog, I still wouldn't have been able to get the clues, hence the request for the trailer link

Many thanks

EJM5
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by EJM5 on Nov 16, 12 2:44 AM
I'm afraid I can't find the trailer either, why do I see a "PM me the link please" thread coming soon?

Anyway, could someone send me a link please?

Cazzle18
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by Cazzle18 on Nov 16, 12 2:49 AM
I've seen the trailer BUT someone has posted the first 35 minutes of the game Demo on a popular video sharing website ....my son found it !!! 5 Days to go until the release YEYYYY!!! super excited now.....I hope there's no bugs this time.....you feel a little deflated when you've downloaded a game ....then it won't work ....and you wait another 12-24 hours for a fix lol x

[Post New]by Pirate_Pete on Nov 16, 12 3:12 AM
AndrewB179 wrote:
Pirate_Pete wrote:The trailer soundtrack is the "Ravenhearst" theme (I'm sure it has a proper name, but that's how I think of it)

I think that's actually the latest variation of the Mystery Case Files main theme. It shows up in all the games (on the menu screens, for certain), even way back in Huntsville.

Ah yes, you're right... it's the MCF theme I've always associated it with Ravenhearst, but yep, it's in Huntsville, and there's a haunting version in Dire Grove.

Thought I'd found a link to Ravenhearst there !

[Post New]by kittymaverick on Nov 16, 12 3:16 AM
Consider the amount of beating that car took last time we saw it...(overheated engine, broken windshield, sudden addition of passengers...) I'm guessing it quit on the Master Detective and told her to find another vehicle.

I get vibes of Dire Grove from the trailer actually, with some of the cinematic scenes. Or perhaps a blend of that and something else we are familiar with in terms of actors?...

Edited on 11/16/2012 at 3:19:51 AM PST

[Post New]by Pirate_Pete on Nov 16, 12 3:43 AM
kittymaverick wrote:Consider the amount of beating that car took last time we saw it...(overheated engine, broken windshield, sudden addition of passengers...) I'm guessing it quit on the Master Detective and told her to find another vehicle.

Heck no, just a few dings... they'll polish out good as new... plenty of miles left in the ol' girl yet!

But she's right hand drive, and we left her in Blackpool... no point shipping her all the way to (we're guessing) Maine

Edited on 11/16/2012 at 3:45:59 AM PST

Ismene
Flounder
Flounder
2,095 Posts

[Post New]by Ismene on Nov 16, 12 3:56 AM
EJM5 wrote:I'm afraid I can't find the trailer either, why do I see a "PM me the link please" thread coming soon?

Anyway, could someone send me a link please?

Link sent!

Go to: