Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Tibetan Quest: Beyond the World's End Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jul 4, 15 12:53 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 07/04/2015 at 11:31:23 AM PST

Tibetan Quest: Beyond the World's End Collector's Edition:BORING

[Post New]by LosAngeHell on Jul 4, 15 5:31 AM
Although the devs obviously were trying hard to make this a beautiful game, with plenty of Tibetan tradition, it is mind-numbingly boring. The music drones on with the same tones throughout. The game isn't up to date with current ideas of what is exciting in game play. The HOS were old fashioned. Nothing new. I couldn't finish the demo. I kept getting more and more irritated and restless. Not a fun game.

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

Tibetan Quest: Beyond the World's End Collector's Edition:BORING

[Post New]by biomix on Jul 4, 15 6:40 AM
LosAngeHell wrote:Although the devs obviously were trying hard to make this a beautiful game, with plenty of Tibetan tradition, it is mind-numbingly boring. The music drones on with the same tones throughout. The game isn't up to date with current ideas of what is exciting in game play. The HOS were old fashioned. Nothing new. I couldn't finish the demo. I kept getting more and more irritated and restless. Not a fun game.

Have to agree with everything you said. I tried playing to the end but I just could not! Sorry! no buy here...

Linda_S_55
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Tibetan Quest: Beyond the World's End Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Linda_S_55 on Jul 4, 15 7:10 AM
In addition to the others, to which I wholeheartedly agree, there ARE sparkles that appear in the Advanced mode which it says won't be there. I'm afraid this won't be a buy for me as well.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Tibetan Quest: Beyond the World's End Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Jul 4, 15 7:18 AM
Sorry to say I'm of the same opinion as the previous 2 posts about this game. It's a shame as the developer obviously put a lot of love, care and attention to detail into making it as authentic (as least to my British eyes!) as possible but that doesn't make up for the excruciatingly dull gameplay, bland HOS and unoriginal story.

The graphics are ok but a touch grainy. The story is nothing new and has some really silly moments; the king's plane is broken and he asks you, whom he's just met, to fix it. You are 'Lady someone', by the way. I know what I would have said; "you're a king; get one of your minions to do it"!

The HOS are pretty straightforward, mostly list-type but they do have morphing objects which are listed in green (until they morph, when they're in white). I only came across a couple of puzzles; a 'switching pieces' picture and a plane to be fixed. The plane was really easy but fun to do.

If there was a map I didn't see it. There seemed to be quite a few chapters and there are collectibles (medallions). The SG was limited to the demo play so I couldn't see what extra's there were. I never have the music on so can't comment.

There were some dreadful grammatical errors; 'the mouse would be more interesting if it was winded'. I think they meant 'wound up'. Clearly English is not this developers first language

I really wanted to love this game but it was just too dull and predictable with no real challenge. I might go for the SE but it's not CE-worthy (in my opinion). I didn't play to the end either but I was being distracted by the tennis! Imagine playing in this You need here in the UK this week; makes a change from !!

No technical issues on a desktop running Win7 Pro 64-bit.

[Post New]by easyplayer on Jul 4, 15 8:20 AM
Base on demo I really like this game. The color and graphics are very nice and crisp.
The plat is interesting. HOS and puzzles are some what easy and even tough I like brain picking games some time easy is relaxing and I enjoy that. Not problems downloading the game or any glitches. I have windows 8.1 Try your self we all have different taste. I will by but not at this time due to I can't find another CE to go with it.

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Jul 4, 15 11:32 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Tibetan Quest: Beyond the World's End Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, as do the developers as well as your fellow gamers. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Tibetan Quest: Beyond the World's End Collector's Edition.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM any one of our Moderators.

bfgWaimea

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Jul 4, 15 4:46 PM
I thought it was alright and I purchased it with the sale. The graphics are beautiful which is always a good seller for me. I had no graininess playing with WIN 7 Home Premium. There seems to be plenty to do. The morphing objects in the HOS threw me for a few secs but it's a fun way to use them. The story is interesting though maybe not completely original. I don't know if thee is anything completely new though. I have played hundreds of games. I do enjoy oriental themes and art. We don't get a lot of games with those and they are always nice to play. I am enjoing this game.

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Jul 4, 15 6:04 PM
I have to agree with BORING. I managed to get though the entire Demo but I was tempted to quit from start to finish. The graphics are beautiful but that's the only thing that impressed me at all. The music was so relaxing that, I think, I'll take a nap.

Night, night fishes

Foxy57
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by Foxy57 on Jul 4, 15 6:35 PM
This game could have been interesting... but it was not. Music was grating on my nerves, not interesting enough to continue. Did not even finished the demo, in fact lasted about 15 BORING minutes...

lionscat
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by lionscat on Jul 4, 15 10:48 PM
Okay, maybe this is just me, but I don't like my morphing objects in the hidden object puzzles. I want the morphing objects in the visual play area. This makes the whole game more like a HOP. I like that much better

faboomama
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by faboomama on Jul 4, 15 11:17 PM
Dull. Forced myself to play the whole demo since I've been dumping demos after 5 or so minutes lately. I appreciate whoever did all the artwork, but I didn't see one Tibetan thing in there. The snow, maybe. On that front, it was a complete turn off. SUGGESTION: If devs are going to mine Asia for content, at least pretend each country/region has it's own culture. *glares at offensive Myths of the World* On the upside, at least the "Tibetans" in this didn't speak weird broken English devs are fond of using for chars from Asia/South America/Africa. That's always gross.

I played on 'Hard', there is no customizing which I prefer. The puzzles were simple and boring. The HOS were very easy. The only collectible I came across was a coin in each scene. There was dialogue, but everyone just seemed rather annoyed at Lady Pearson's arrival, which I don't blame them.

The game seemed like it was a rather old game that was shelved 5 years ago and then revitalized with some newer devices we've already grown tired of seeing.

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Jul 5, 15 6:16 AM
I am with Foxy 57, the music did it for me....
I couldn't even finish the demo.
Turning the music off, is not an option for my game play.
So disappointed, I look forward to our new games on Thursday and Saturday.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Jul 5, 15 10:59 AM
I suppose I shouldn't be posting under "reviews," since I'm still in the introduction...but unless I didn't hear correctly (always a possibility as my family will tell people), the niece has been gone three weeks. traveling on a sailing ship, and yet managed sail to Asia, travel many miles overland to get to Tibet and disappear in a snow storm 14 days ago. I'm not entirely sure I want to go any further. Should I assume the ship was Tardis related?

lyssa7712
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by lyssa7712 on Jul 5, 15 5:07 PM
jennsmom wrote:I suppose I shouldn't be posting under "reviews," since I'm still in the introduction...but unless I didn't hear correctly (always a possibility as my family will tell people), the niece has been gone three weeks. traveling on a sailing ship, and yet managed sail to Asia, travel many miles overland to get to Tibet and disappear in a snow storm 14 days ago. I'm not entirely sure I want to go any further. Should I assume the ship was Tardis related?

if you do go further, your breaking point may be where mine was (spoiler - ) instead of using your ice pick to chip away at the pipe frozen to the table, you rub it with a piece of leather. oy!

kindnsruls
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by kindnsruls on Jul 6, 15 10:07 AM
Incredibly dull and I differ with the other's in that I found the Tibetan stage dressing wholly inaccurate and insulting. There was nothing Tibetan about this game, other than a few deity images. Can't believe you made me blow up a statue of Mahakala!

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Jul 6, 15 10:25 AM
lyssa7712 wrote:
jennsmom wrote:I suppose I shouldn't be posting under "reviews," since I'm still in the introduction...but unless I didn't hear correctly (always a possibility as my family will tell people), the niece has been gone three weeks. traveling on a sailing ship, and yet managed sail to Asia, travel many miles overland to get to Tibet and disappear in a snow storm 14 days ago. I'm not entirely sure I want to go any further. Should I assume the ship was Tardis related?

if you do go further, your breaking point may be where mine was (spoiler - ) instead of using your ice pick to chip away at the pipe frozen to the table, you rub it with a piece of leather. oy!

Ah...I did not get that far, and I'm rather happy about it. I thought it was a silly game with a silly premise (although the airplanes in the apparent time period were an interesting touch) and didn't care at all for the HOS. I did put it on my list to purchase if I'm desperate for a new game, and it's an SE, and I have a coupon.

kandinsky
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

Cheated by a fake quest to nowhere

[Post New]by kandinsky on Jul 6, 15 5:06 PM
here's what I liked with the game, that kept me going to the end, a quest beyond the edge of the world. To the Shangrila of the old novel and movie Lost Horizon, which draws from the Tibetan idea of a hidden and sacred center of the world...
so a quest...
things that seem to me to need more work
1.something like consistency in the historical period starting with an old frigate coming into port, on to air planes and the reset symbol on computers...
maybe secondary in fantasy but...
2. the strangeness to say the least of an aging english noblewoman flying and later parachuting and being a complete Indiana Jones. granted she is a surrogate figure for players fantasy... even in fantasy a degree of realism is better if requiring more work.
3. The settings to me looked like chinatown souvenir shops with plastic Buddhas alternating with European type settings and of all things Nordic runic writing.
would it be so hard to study a little and use Tibetan characters...
4.The story through the journal entries devolves into the story of a very european type king and family feud bringing the dark etc from so many other games.
5.when we get to shangrila-shambhala it is by cable car and the place itself has no special mystery or character
it is not beyond the edge of the world it is again
a shop in china town.
all of this could have been so much more deeply and better worked in my opinion
and it is so poorly and shallowly worked that I feel cheated by this game.
Kandinsky

exact
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
434 Posts

[Post New]by exact on Jul 8, 15 2:57 PM
I enjoyed the whole game and bonus! The graphics were beautiful and the HO's, mini-games were fun and took some thought. I will definitely play it again, and enjoy the various scenes of which there were many. I rushed the game, so would play it slower next time and use less hints and skips. I'm glad I bought it.

luciusm
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Tibetan Quest: Post has SPOILERS

[Post New]by luciusm on Jul 12, 15 8:00 PM
I too like this game. What I wanted to write about is the SPOILER.

****SPOILER***

There is a point when there is a book being read that you turn the page to continue.
You have to complete that page of the book before you can go on. After you complete
that page, a gorgeous male voice with a melodious British accent is reading.
I went back to play the game again so I could make sure that I heard right before.
I heard Benedict Cumberbatch. Just now when I was going back, I heard his voice again. I know, I know, it's not like he hasn't got 10 million other things to do, right?
But it's nice to hear that voice and fantasize that's it's him!

Go to: