popi42
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

i think this game cheats...

[Post New]by popi42 on Jul 12, 09 4:52 AM
or...the gamemakers didnt bother to make it reasonable. I put all prices in sale and i lose customers with breaking hearts of high prices....At second or third day sometimes you see a goal never can reach... I think the goals, like sell that many dishes or serve that many times a special customer when isnot possible to buy his wish....are cheating goals...In the other hand there isnot a way to control how many customers will come to your restaurant...they randomly sent by the game no matter your movements....
I m soo disappointed...

Re:i think this game cheats...

[Post New]by jomarcenter on Jul 15, 09 11:25 PM
to win you must lower the price to no more broken heart

[Post New]by neil241 on Jul 19, 09 11:41 AM
i also think this game cheats. the goals set are unobtainable. if u bought the ingedients as asked money not available to spend elsewere (double your inventory) item not used that often. Your guide to the number of days passed or left to complete not available. Serve 10 meals to also not realistic as favourite meal not on menu in current restaurant.

gecko22
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by gecko22 on Oct 2, 09 10:52 PM
I agree with you. I breezed through the first four towns then on the last I have failed 22 times varying my strategy. It seems to hit you at your weakest. If you achieve all the day's challenges you still lose!!!

[Post New]by nancythesleuth on Oct 11, 09 2:50 AM
Well...I just found out that if you find the day's challenge is unreasonable, you can click "pause" and go back to "DinerTown Map", and then click continue when you're on the map...you'll see that the challenge will change! I do it many times and continue playing when I find the day's challenge is reasonable. HTH.

Edited on 10/11/2009 at 2:50:47 AM PST

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Oct 15, 09 11:10 PM
Thank you nancythesleuth! You're exactly right. I've stopped considering it cheating to re-Continue until the challenge is at least doable.

What's even worse than the unobtainable challenges--like selling 10 meals on a slow day to a character-type who's been buying, say, 5 on a heavy day--are the ruinous ones, such as doubling your stock of an ingredient that you already have far more of than you need.

The other "cheat" that's probably worth the trouble is researching half your character types (and writing down the results) after your first day, starting over, researching the other half, restarting over, and then actually playing through the area.

amluvsmm
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by amluvsmm on Feb 26, 10 7:19 PM
I think that the unreasonable goals are what makes it fun. I beat the game in about 2 hours unfortunately. I didn't bother trying to meet all the goals. Just the ones that were easy. My main priority was making sales! That is the strategy behind the game. The more money you make the less ridiculous those goals will seem. It got to the point that the goal was to purchase a recipe I had already purchased. So focus more on sales than on the goals but make sure you meet enough goals to keep the meter down. What you should focus on is what ingredient is the daily highlight in the newspaper and make sure you have something on the menu that includes that ingredient. Buy lots of it cause they sale like hotcakes!!

[Post New]by tazsuncp on Jul 26, 10 9:59 AM
I know this is pretty old but thank you GeorgeTSLC and nancythesleuth for those tidbits. I just downloaded the game and I have been stuck on the last restauruant for so long. Hopefully I can get past it this time...

Go to: