samspunker
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

Re:MCF 2012... Picman's official clues and intrigue

[Post New]by samspunker on Nov 16, 12 3:56 AM
All hints and clues and theories led me to think that the basic plot line will be DG with us looking for missing members of the Ghost Patrol.

But somehow (maybe that beginning or end clue?) I feel that there will be a lot more to it than that.

Right now I would say that in 1973 a prisoner escaped, found the runestone, and somehow unleashes the power within it. (Maybe it possesses him?) That power destroys the prison and eventually disrupts the town.

He survives and in the present day is a leader in the area, protecting the secret of the runestone. Perhaps the GP team is just kidnapped because they are getting close to his secret.

Or maybe something else will be unleashed when the MD starts poking around!

Only a few more days till we find out!

Good night for now. See you in the morning!

magmitch
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by magmitch on Nov 16, 12 5:21 AM
Please PM link for trailer......I'm lost.

medview2
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by medview2 on Nov 16, 12 5:38 AM
magmitch wrote:Please PM link for trailer......I'm lost.

me too - thanks to the PM-er when they send me the link!

Dakota18
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Dakota18 on Nov 16, 12 5:40 AM
magmitch wrote:Please PM link for trailer......I'm lost.[/quote

PM sent

Dakota18
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Dakota18 on Nov 16, 12 5:43 AM
medview2 wrote:
magmitch wrote:Please PM link for trailer......I'm lost.

me too - thanks to the PM-er when they send me the link!

link sent

[Post New]by Pirate_Pete on Nov 16, 12 6:07 AM
For those who made the "House that wasn't there" cube, does the "hopscotch" grid in the playground look familiar?

Rainbow722
Flounder
Flounder
2,404 Posts

[Post New]by Rainbow722 on Nov 16, 12 6:17 AM
purplealikat wrote:
<snipped>
I love the motorcycle! It does appear to be a tad tall for me (I admit it....there is a REASON I'm called squaty body). I'll have to dig out my extra tall heeled motorcycle boots, or this detective will spend all her time picking her bike up when she stops!

LOL--do as I do. In RL I'm short & "fluffy" but when I'm MD, I'm much taller and slimmer (not to mention stronger).

All the discussion about the car--not only was it beat-up but it was in Blackpool, UK and I doubt MD would have it shipped overseas for a mission if the setting is in the US! Would cost more to fix it and ship it than get a new one! Also, wondering if MD will be using a bike because some places won't be accessible by car.

judithg315
Herring
Herring
371 Posts

[Post New]by judithg315 on Nov 16, 12 6:18 AM
saskatil wrote:The clue was 16 and 24.
Count Hondo's posts from the LAST page, and from the bottom post up!
Highlight the posts to find the extra two words (one in each)-don't forget to highlight the complete post otherwise you may miss it.
These give you the location of the trailer

I tried this several times. I guess I can't count either. Would some one send me the link.

Thanks, Judi

Rainbow722
Flounder
Flounder
2,404 Posts

[Post New]by Rainbow722 on Nov 16, 12 6:42 AM
judithg315 wrote:[
I tried this several times. I guess I can't count either. Would some one send me the link.

Thanks, Judi

sent

[Post New]by Whosyerfish23 on Nov 16, 12 6:44 AM
samspunker wrote:All hints and clues and theories led me to think that the basic plot line will be DG with us looking for missing members of the Ghost Patrol.

But somehow (maybe that beginning or end clue?) I feel that there will be a lot more to it than that.

Right now I would say that in 1973 a prisoner escaped, found the runestone, and somehow unleashes the power within it. (Maybe it possesses him?) That power destroys the prison and eventually disrupts the town.

He survives and in the present day is a leader in the area, protecting the secret of the runestone. Perhaps the GP team is just kidnapped because they are getting close to his secret.

Or maybe something else will be unleashed when the MD starts poking around!

Only a few more days till we find out!

Good night for now. See you in the morning!

I'm with you. I think this game will be essentially 'Dire Grove 2' in its gameplay Discovering video tapes to learn what happened to TV crew along the way, and looking out for MO.
IMO, the RBoD is actually a TALON lost by some evil entity which takes the shape of a very large raptor (think Pterodactyl). Did anyone else notice in the trailer that the prisoner was looking over his shoulder which is normal, AND he was looking UP., as though being pursued by a very large and frightening bird of prey?

Edited to add: DG is 2nd on my all-time MCF list--RTR is first.

Edited on 11/16/2012 at 6:50:24 AM PST

dogmama
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,998 Posts

[Post New]by dogmama on Nov 16, 12 6:45 AM
I don't mind the motorcycle either. Who knows, maybe the Madame Fate bobber is packed in a saddlebag . It woud be fun if we get a first person view of driving into the town .

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

[Post New]by vingilot on Nov 16, 12 6:48 AM
Thanks for the PM, Rainbow! Trailer looks interesting and the graphics are pretty good from what we see in it.

Not sure if having a professional actress will mean the acting is less cheesy or more cheesy. I like cheese, but sometimes it can get out of hand (Dark Dimensions: Wax Beauty comes to mind). Maybe Thompson took the role because it was a chance to be cheesy with a side of cheese. We shall see.

Less than a week to go!

Edited on 11/16/2012 at 6:48:29 AM PST

Rainbow722
Flounder
Flounder
2,404 Posts

[Post New]by Rainbow722 on Nov 16, 12 6:49 AM
dogmama wrote:I don't mind the motorcycle either. Who knows, maybe the Madame Fate bobber is packed in a saddlebag . It woud be fun if we get a first person view of driving into the town .

I LIKE that idea!

ETA someone mentioned the beaker picture on MCF FB page but no one else has commented. Extra letters count in that set of clues? "goood"

Edited on 11/16/2012 at 7:52:55 AM PST

dogmama
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,998 Posts

[Post New]by dogmama on Nov 16, 12 6:53 AM
I don't think our convict will last very long after he finds the rune bone. If he had just escaped from prison, he would be looking back and maybe up at the watchtower. And, if he escaped during or right after an earthquake, he would stil be running and maybe be looking up at trees to see if they were going to fall on him. I wonder if they find his body with the rune bone or if there's anything left of him to find....

[Post New]by Whosyerfish23 on Nov 16, 12 6:54 AM
Heh Heh! I bet they'll put the MF bobblehead right in the middle of the handlebars!

dogmama
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,998 Posts

[Post New]by dogmama on Nov 16, 12 6:57 AM
Whosyerfish23 wrote:Heh Heh! I bet they'll put the MF bobblehead right in the middle of the handlebars!
And I'm sure we've put a sticker on the cyce that says "I love Dead People"

judithg315
Herring
Herring
371 Posts

[Post New]by judithg315 on Nov 16, 12 7:06 AM
Thank you Rainbow! Going there now.

[Post New]by Butterflyshrimp on Nov 16, 12 7:16 AM
Which Trailer is everyone talking about? I've seen two. One is longer than the other one and has been on the internet for a few days or more. I don't exactly know when the first Trailer was released, but it was before BF released theirs yesterday.

Eoarod
Flounder
Flounder
2,391 Posts

[Post New]by Eoarod on Nov 16, 12 7:17 AM
Ahhhh diving into the lake for another day of speculating!

Loving some of the thoughts that have come up during the nite (well, my nite anyway)!!

Rainbow - we did get the extra "O" some pages back - I've been bad & haven't updated Pg. 130 - but I'm betting GameLvr has added it to Pg. 106!

It's kinda fun we can't put link to trailer in here - I'm seeing lots of fishies that have been pretty quiet chiming in to ask for a pm keep chiming in folks!! Now that you've seen the trailer - what are your musings??

PiratePete - Hopscotch grid? Hrm...Purplerabbit - where were your pics of that cube again? I gave mine to my brother & he hasn't put the darn thing together yet (so much for keeping him occupied during his recouperation! I'll have to get the pieces back! )

I do agree the RBoD does look like a Talon! Has anyone looked up the runes themselves? Are they real - or made up ones? Do we still see Omicron on top??

Eoarod
Flounder
Flounder
2,391 Posts

[Post New]by Eoarod on Nov 16, 12 7:23 AM
Butterflyshrimp wrote:Which Trailer is everyone talking about? I've seen two. One is longer than the other one and has been on the internet for a few days or more. I don't exactly know when the first Trailer was released, but it was before BF released theirs yesterday.

Butterfly and others who have seen the "long" tailer - that's a "Tsk! Tsk!" trailer I'm guessing a beta tester put out there (shame, shame ) - If you've seen it - please don't post about deets in here!! I'm sure there's lots of spoilers in it!!!

We're talking about a very short trailer - if you want to know the specific site for the "Authorized Trailer We DO Want to Talk About" lol - ask away & any one of us will gladly pm you the link!!

Thanks in advance for keeping this a "No Spoiler Zone"

Go to: