Movement

[Post New]by Packer_Backer on Jul 4, 15 10:24 AM
I cannot for the life of me figure out how to move my people around to explore. I have accidentally managed to move one a few times but can't repeat the action.

This is scary; it appears to be game two in the series and it should be improved over the first. The mind boggles over the horrors that must have been the first.

fluffitude
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

Re:Movement

[Post New]by fluffitude on Jul 4, 15 11:03 AM
First, just because you can't figure out how to move a character, I don't think it makes it a "horror." Just sayin..

2nd, if you go to youtube and query out "Egyptian Settlement Instruction Video" the first thing they show is how to move your explorer. I'm not sure yet as I've just started playing myself, but don't think you can move your workers/carriers around.

Finally, if you go to the very first game menu (1 screen upon game load), you will see a help button that is quite informative.

Edited on 07/04/2015 at 11:31:37 AM PST

[Post New]by Packer_Backer on Jul 5, 15 3:48 PM
Let me get this straight: I have to go to You-tube to understand how to play this game. This is game two of a series, it seems, and they couldn't make something as simple as movement clearer?

I appreciate the help in any case. Appreciate your time. I think I'll be skipping the rest, though, as life is short.

Happy gaming, all!

unclepaul
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
467 Posts

[Post New]by unclepaul on Jul 10, 15 7:31 AM
Patience. It is worth it in the end.
On every game there is a question mark above the pharoah's head. Click it and it explains the parts of the game. The second screen covers movement and qhose movement you can control

One thing I picked up say for example when moving the explorer between bushes / points , once he goes to the flag , so long as the flag is still flying, you can righ click another bush to go there. No need to go to the target select every time.

[Post New]by Books_Garden on Jul 19, 15 2:29 PM
unclepaul wrote:Patience. It is worth it in the end.
On every game there is a question mark above the pharoah's head. Click it and it explains the parts of the game. The second screen covers movement and qhose movement you can control

One thing I picked up say for example when moving the explorer between bushes / points , once he goes to the flag , so long as the flag is still flying, you can righ click another bush to go there. No need to go to the target select every time.

You can also click on the moving Explorer and hit stop, and then give him a new goal. And you are not restricted to clear area goals - I've sent him distances into the fog - it clears as he moves through the countryside. I use the overview map A LOT.

[Post New]by Books_Garden on Jul 19, 15 2:44 PM
Hint for moving around the map - use the overview map to click on any section you want to work with. This makes keeping track of different areas much easier without moving your Explorer, and waiting for him to move.

For instance, moving back to your main house settlement to collect gold or check on production or put out fires etc. while your Explorer might be collecting resource (stone, food, wood) or exploring territory.

Go to: