ekstra2000
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,357 Posts

Fourth of July Barbecue Scavenger Hunt

[Post New]by ekstra2000 on Jul 4, 15 10:52 AM
First off, I'll admit it...I've "stolen" this idea from the DM forum, where we've been having a ball all morning putting together the ingredients for a holiday feast from items found in the HOS scenes.
Unlike DM, however, we don't have to worry about gathering plates, silverware, glasses, etc. We all have plenty of those.
So what do we need for an ART barbeque?
Pots and pans...we don't have those in our collections. Food OTHER than our energy items...who wants margarita pizza at a 4th of July cookout? I'm sure we've found lots of edibles (the barn in NM comes to mind for fresh veggies) as we've searched the scenes.
I'll definitely bring some chicken, fish, potatoes, cabbage, and corn from the restaurant in Maine, along with utensils from there.
Who else can add to the potluck barbecue?

pdennis1416
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

Re:Fourth of July Barbecue Scavenger Hunt

[Post New]by pdennis1416 on Jul 4, 15 11:25 AM
Cute idea Ekstra

I can bring sandwiches, watermelon, green pepper, cupcakes, and bottled water all found in West Virginia. Wow, this is making me hungry...lol.

ekstra2000
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,357 Posts

[Post New]by ekstra2000 on Jul 4, 15 11:30 AM
I'm off looking for beer and wine now...only for the grownups!

pdennis1416
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by pdennis1416 on Jul 4, 15 11:35 AM
ekstra2000 wrote:I'm off looking for beer and wine now...only for the grownups!

Wine glass and decanter in Christmas alley (Montana, I think). Oh heck and how could I forget. There's that lovely whiskey in West Virginia; I'll bring that too

And I forgot again; the beer is in the bar in Chicago

Edited on 07/04/2015 at 11:40:53 AM PST

nalanug
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by nalanug on Jul 4, 15 12:55 PM
I can bring wine from the mine in nevada for the grown-ups,and tacos from the carnival in kansas.

ekstra2000
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,357 Posts

[Post New]by ekstra2000 on Jul 4, 15 1:03 PM
Cool...I'm wondering if there's wine in that keg at Margaret's house! I think she also has some cupcakes and other goodies.
And for those who already played today, we'll keep the party going all night and pick it up in the morning...so feel free to bring toast and eggs. (Haven't seen any bacon or sausage that I can remember...but as I have another "project" in mind, I'll have to go back and continue looking.)

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Jul 4, 15 1:27 PM
::laying fruit salad A La Secret Library on Table:: Apples, orange, and cherries. Along with a six pack of water, some chocolate cup cakes, and chocolate chip cookies. I knew I liked Belleview.

[Post New]by joanneh1314 on Jul 4, 15 4:28 PM
Don't forget the hamburgers in Argentina. Can't have a 4th of July picnic without hamburgers, even though Argentina is a bit far to go to get them...

Edited on 07/04/2015 at 4:29:56 PM PST

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Jul 5, 15 8:44 AM
Mmmm, Pineapple in New Zealand and a knife to cut it with. Darn, forgot to get that big bowl in Indonesia to cut it up in.

Why are there no hot dogs in ART only things to put on them, bland indeed!

Edited on 07/05/2015 at 8:45:16 AM PST

Go to: