An observation of need

General_hobojoe
Catfish
Catfish
1,726 Posts

An observation of need

[Post New]by General_hobojoe on Jul 4, 15 11:31 AM
While I know little of the inner workings of the cyber world as a whole,as well as this Castle game...there is one outlying factor which could be very useful to its flow.......That is:......you ready.......deconstruction of crafted items.

My point......to attain particular items needed for the craft insted of the craft itself, ......it would be another path/ tool to use for the player/ indivudial.

The flow of the game would be smoother at times also....not having to rely on what we are already accustomed..........

Just insight and awareness to a potentialy useful nueance......**D@NgeR**

YOUR THOUGHTS.........

Edited on 07/04/2015 at 11:32:11 AM PST

Re:An observation of need

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Jul 4, 15 11:36 AM
Wow, General...I don't think I've ever heard the suggestion to "deconstruct" a crafted item before. What an idea. I have to mull on it awhile, but I think I'm liking it. It adds another layer to the game and WHY NOT? Do we dare even give the devs more on their "to-do" list?

The fireworks have really gotten your creative juices flowing...or is it something else? Have a terrific day!

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Jul 4, 15 11:40 AM
All in all, I think the idea would make the game much easier on the players. For that reason, I don't think it will fly (aside from the potential headaches for the devs). In effect you're asking to be able to respawn scarce resources and coins from crafted items that you may have won on the wheel or been gifted, so you can use them somewhere else. Think of it this way, if you've made pancakes, you can't then change your mind and say you'd rather get the flour and eggs back and make a cake

General_hobojoe
Catfish
Catfish
1,726 Posts

[Post New]by General_hobojoe on Jul 4, 15 11:41 AM
Well thank you blanco fluttero........I am a closet chef...nothing else so don't go there........i deconstruct foods for a different look and taste as well....so I was thinking of the game having a wax and waine affect.......as in the moon or tide of the sea........and wammo.........the CRAFTS need to deconstruct.....too much of one thang is redundant and tiring..... ......**D**

Edited on 07/04/2015 at 12:44:05 PM PST

General_hobojoe
Catfish
Catfish
1,726 Posts

[Post New]by General_hobojoe on Jul 4, 15 11:45 AM
Maybe askin for the sky is a bit alturistic rose......just thoughts and outofthebox abstraction of which I paint from time to time.....people say what the????.....and then give me the dinero at the same time and then leave shakn' their heads as well.......love it!!.......cheers happy day and eat awsome Q.....**D**

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Jul 4, 15 11:51 AM
No, you sure can't get the flour and eggs back after making pancakes. That's a done deal. But deconstructing a crafted item is still an intriguing thought. We'd have to pay a price, of course. We wouldn't get everything back...maybe we'd have to give up the coins and/or stamps OR pay a fee to deconstruct an item. At least it's an interesting idea. At this point, I'm game for anything.

General_hobojoe
Catfish
Catfish
1,726 Posts

[Post New]by General_hobojoe on Jul 4, 15 11:57 AM
Yea......no coinage or ok.....stamps........just HOS or ZZ items.....I could live with that.....TOTALLY....my origional thought hadn't considered the coins or the stamps.......just the items otherwise.....**D**....although the stamps are constant....so no...stamps would flow fine....the coinage is not constant....some crafts sell differently than the cost to make them.....so no coinage is reasonable.
I think we may be on to something........hope springs eternal.....

Edited on 07/04/2015 at 12:48:28 PM PST

moontear
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

[Post New]by moontear on Jul 4, 15 1:11 PM
rosiebvt wrote:In effect you're asking to be able to respawn scarce resources and coins from crafted items that you may have won on the wheel or been gifted, so you can use them somewhere else.
This is why I think they'd never do it.

I don't know how many people actually gift already crafted items. I know I've never asked for one, but considering the time, effort, and resources needed for quite a few of them, I think it's kind of presumptuous to do so and I can't imagine they get gifted too often. I know I've only won two crafted items from the wheel since I started playing (and ended up using one for a quest; the other I just got today), so it doesn't seem that deconstructing items would be a feature that would be in use all that often.

If you couldn't get the stamps back, that's even less of a reason to deconstruct an item. I'm finding that stamps and gold are the two things that I'm usually short on (well, that and pet food), and if we can't get either back then I'm not sure I'd even take the deconstruction route; I'd just sell the item for the gold or hang on to it in case it shows up in a quest.

The devs would have to program it in, and that would take them time, effort and actual money to do for a feature that would probably get used only once in a while. Kinda doesn't seem worth it, from their standpoint.

12earth45
Clownfish
Clownfish
885 Posts

[Post New]by 12earth45 on Jul 4, 15 3:41 PM
Hmmmmm,. Some people do gift already crafted items, but the general's idea, is very creative...but, might be too much of a hassle for the DEVS.

We don't even have our leaderboards in individual HOS fixed yet!

Their heads may explode with this novel approach!

Keep the ideas coming! I am more of color within the lines type, so I make sure I have friends who are outside the box!

and yin/yang

Crystal Different P(respectives)

MiniCleo
Herring
Herring
330 Posts

[Post New]by MiniCleo on Jul 4, 15 8:06 PM
Hmmm... idk. I think it is a pretty good idea, but there would be a penalty no doubt.

What I'd really like to see is a "store" of some sort where we could buy items of need. I imagine the prices might be steep for some things, but maybe not EVERYthing.

OTOH, since the crafting is already in place, maybe the programmers would find it easier to let us reverse craft instead of opening a store.

I know nothing about coding so it is not for me to say, for sure!

Good on ya for thinkin' of it General! And a Shaka, too!

General_hobojoe
Catfish
Catfish
1,726 Posts

[Post New]by General_hobojoe on Jul 4, 15 10:14 PM
Keep the flow.....DECONSTRUCTABILITY......is the word of the day....!! **D**..out

aussiegirl1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,017 Posts

[Post New]by aussiegirl1 on Jul 4, 15 10:26 PM
by aussiegirl1 on Apr 30, 15 6:30 PM

You know what would be fun, if you could deconstruct a crafted item???

you would end up with the base items to go towards another craft, just a thought !and also it could benefit players always asking of the rare items (Immortal Treasures, Crystal of Twilight and Banner of Loyalty) just to name a few,

AG1

I knew I had talked about this topic before,

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/403001.page

Edited on 07/04/2015 at 10:31:44 PM PST

JAhroni
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by JAhroni on Jul 4, 15 11:49 PM
I would like a stamp exchange area. If plain stamps are worth 15 and unique stamps are worth 80 let me exchange 6 plain stamps for one unique stamp. A post office in the town square would be a good place to do this and there's and empty building to the left of the toy shop that looks like a prime location.

Unique stamps are just too hard to get by wandering around.

sbaker2318
Manatee
Manatee
4,187 Posts

[Post New]by sbaker2318 on Jul 5, 15 7:16 AM
AG1............I KNEW I had seen this idea before...........just could not find it or who had posted it! Thanks..........was making me nuts!

General_hobojoe
Catfish
Catfish
1,726 Posts

[Post New]by General_hobojoe on Jul 5, 15 7:35 AM
HEY......there is a need to deconstruct.....think about it folks.........I seem to be far ahead of my time on many things.....sort of a rennisance Tesla and a nostradamus swril .......I was just thinking that's all... **D**

Dee632
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by Dee632 on Jul 5, 15 7:46 AM
WTG General. Keep us thinking!

General_hobojoe
Catfish
Catfish
1,726 Posts

[Post New]by General_hobojoe on Jul 5, 15 7:57 AM
aussiegirl1 wrote:by aussiegirl1 on Apr 30, 15 6:30 PM

You know what would be fun, if you could deconstruct a crafted item???

you would end up with the base items to go towards another craft, just a thought !and also it could benefit players always asking of the rare items (Immortal Treasures, Crystal of Twilight and Banner of Loyalty) just to name a few,

AG1

I knew I had talked about this topic before,

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/403001.page

LOLOLOL....... .... ....**D**

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Jul 5, 15 8:09 AM
Great minds think alike!

General_hobojoe
Catfish
Catfish
1,726 Posts

[Post New]by General_hobojoe on Jul 5, 15 11:51 AM
whitebutterfly54 wrote:Great minds think alike!

And I'll attest to that......your the master of the Castle....

[Post New]by SChris13742549 on Jul 5, 15 9:50 PM
JAhroni wrote:I would like a stamp exchange area. If plain stamps are worth 15 and unique stamps are worth 80 let me exchange 6 plain stamps for one unique stamp. A post office in the town square would be a good place to do this and there's and empty building to the left of the toy shop that looks like a prime location.

Unique stamps are just too hard to get by wandering around.

Now this is a brilliant idea!!! The Generals plan is a little complex for me to wrap my brain around on so little sleep!! Also, I'm still at the point where I'm only crafting for current tasks so I never have anything for deconstruction!! Do you end up having a lot of inventory of crafted items as you progress? Up to level 21 now!!

Go to: