Talk with the developers of Tibetan Quest: Beyond World's End

[Post New]by BraveGiant on Jul 5, 15 12:24 AM
Hello everyone!
My name is Boris and I'm a producer and lead designer in Brave Giant Games - the developer behind Tibetan Quest: Beyond World's End.
This is our first CE game, and we would like to keep tradition to talk with you on this forum. I would like to hear from you what do you like in our game more and what do you like less, I hope that we will have chance to hear some great suggestions from you how to improve on our upcoming game.

Keep your comments coming - I'll stay around the forum and try to catch up with everyone!

Best,
Boris
Brave Giant Games

Edited on 07/06/2015 at 12:57:54 PM PST

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

Re:Talk with the developers of Tibetan Quest: Beyond World's End

[Post New]by CiChDa on Jul 5, 15 8:36 AM
Please poll more on the music choice, I am sorry, but that was a deal breaker for me.

I really couldn't even finish the demo due to that and I won't mute' , as I like my background music.

By the way, it is very nice to see you around and caring...says a lot.

Edited on 07/05/2015 at 8:39:39 AM PST

MarnieRose
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by MarnieRose on Jul 5, 15 8:50 AM
I really like this game! I thought it was beautifully done and I'm really enjoying it. My only complaint is that there is no custom setting for the difficulty level which is something I really look for in a CE. Great job though on everything else!

[Post New]by kimkel on Jul 5, 15 11:09 AM
Hello Boris,
So glad you began a thread like this to get some feedback. I wish more devs would do the same.

This game is artistically beautiful, no doubt, but the number of hidden object puzzles were way too numerous for my taste. I much prefer the interactive type. They feel more like a mini-escape puzzle with a prize at the end. Puzzles are why I play these games and the more puzzles, the better!!! I want to think, not just "click".

Thanks again for listening.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Jul 5, 15 11:48 AM
Hi Boris,
And thank you for taking the time to ask us our thoughts.

I think the game is beautiful and well thought out, but the pacing seems very slow to me and too full of HOGs.....and there weren't enough in the offerings of the extras to tempt me to the CE.

One thing I like in a game is to click around and find random animations....inside jokes....things to watch or look for, while I am contemplating gameplay.

Some people do not like too many cutscenes or a lot of dialog and wordiness....and those to me, just add more depth and pleasure to the game, but I have to be drawn in and want to play, and even though I was delighted in the art work, I did not feel the mystery. Part of it may have been lack of characters or interactions.

I did like the tenor of things in your Queens Quest and Demon Hunter games....but it wasn't that I need there to be evil....but definitely more interaction, surprise....and more puzzles.

I am especially fond of collectibles.

I don't know if it is fair or allowed to mention a game from another company, but the most recent SE that I enjoyed the most was Contract with the Devil, even though I am a little tired of the theme of racing to find or help a loved one....the pacing of puzzles, the funniness and attitude of the imps....all provided an entertaining time for me.

I think Kimkel said it best for me << I much prefer the interactive type. They feel more like a mini-escape puzzle>>
a good game for me is interactive....it feels as if I have entered a different world.
and I hoped when I saw the artistic beauty of Tibet in your game as I began the demo, that I would be carried away.....but, sadly, was not.

I have added it to my "Maybe" list for when I am looking for something to play and can't find one I want, but frankly unless it got better later in the demo, I was not engaged at all. I am afraid I fell asleep.

[Post New]by BraveGiant on Jul 5, 15 12:32 PM
CiChDa wrote:Please poll more on the music choice, I am sorry, but that was a deal breaker for me.

I really couldn't even finish the demo due to that and I won't mute' , as I like my background music.

By the way, it is very nice to see you around and caring...says a lot.

Hi CiChDa,
Thank you very much on your honest thoughts. Concerning the sound we worked really hard and on the survey we get a really high marks for the sound. But I understand that we all have different tastes :-)
Nevertheless I will pass your thoughts to our music producer.
By the way could you be more specific about what you particularly don’t like about background music?
Best regards
Boris

[Post New]by BraveGiant on Jul 5, 15 12:36 PM
MarnieRose wrote:I really like this game! I thought it was beautifully done and I'm really enjoying it. My only complaint is that there is no custom setting for the difficulty level which is something I really look for in a CE. Great job though on everything else!

Hi MarnieRose,

Thank you very much on your nice thoughts and I am really happy to hear that you enjoy it .
Concerning the Difficulty settings you are absolutely right. And we will definitely implement Custom difficulty on our next game.

Best regards
Boris

[Post New]by BraveGiant on Jul 5, 15 12:49 PM
twinsoniclab wrote:Nice to see you again, Boris! This game is quite a departure from your others. I for one, love the other type of games you make.

Tibetan Quest is a pretty game, but I am sorry to see it's a fairly ordinary HOG. Your Demon Hunter games were so much more original. I liked those collectibles, with sets of items. Queen's Quest was a terrific game, with the sets of collectibles again. So, that part (more than one collectible) still sets you apart, but it's just not enough.

Those games were also harder, this one seems as though the puzzles have been simplified.

This may be the type of game BFG wants to release, but there are players who still like the adventure light types you do so well.

It's not that it's a "bad" game, it's just there are so many of them. Only your location is different from all the others, the game play, storyline, etc. are, unfortunately, ordinary.

I hope this isn't the game with "Lisa" in it, as I won't be purchasing, and I would hate to miss her!

Hi twinsoniclab,

It is a great hearing from you again .

Thank you very much on your honest thoughts, much appreciate.

Yes this game is quite different from Demon Hunter and Queen Quest, but when we send game on survey it seemed that more people like this kind of game because this is our highest rated game so far.
But I understand that player differently rate Standard edition game and Collector edition game. So we will give our best and make much better game with our next project.
OK now could you help us. You like different collectibles and harder puzzles, could you tell me what else would you like to see in our next games?
What do you particularly like in others game and what particularly don’t like ?
PS
And this is not game with Lisa. In our next game Demon hunter 2 you will have a special thanks in Credits section because it was too late to implement it in gameplay. But maybe we name some characters by you in some of other upcoming games .

[Post New]by BraveGiant on Jul 5, 15 12:54 PM
kimkel wrote:Hello Boris,
So glad you began a thread like this to get some feedback. I wish more devs would do the same.

This game is artistically beautiful, no doubt, but the number of hidden object puzzles were way too numerous for my taste. I much prefer the interactive type. They feel more like a mini-escape puzzle with a prize at the end. Puzzles are why I play these games and the more puzzles, the better!!! I want to think, not just "click".

Thanks again for listening.

Hello kimkel,

Thank you very much on your time to share your thoughts with us .

OK you think that there is way too many hidden objects puzzles.
Believe me that we already reduce their number and give our best to make them different every time. But I understand your Idea and in our next game there will be definitely much more puzzles.
Do you have any other specific thin that you did not like in our game and what do you think that we can improve in future projects?

Best regards
Boris

[Post New]by BraveGiant on Jul 5, 15 1:05 PM
tookat wrote:Hi Boris,
And thank you for taking the time to ask us our thoughts.
I think the game is beautiful and well thought out, but the pacing seems very slow to me and too full of HOGs.....and there weren't enough in the offerings of the extras to tempt me to the CE.
One thing I like in a game is to click around and find random animations....inside jokes....things to watch or look for, while I am contemplating gameplay.
Some people do not like too many cutscenes or a lot of dialog and wordiness....and those to me, just add more depth and pleasure to the game, but I have to be drawn in and want to play, and even though I was delighted in the art work, I did not feel the mystery. Part of it may have been lack of characters or interactions.
I did like the tenor of things in your Queens Quest and Demon Hunter games....but it wasn't that I need there to be evil....but definitely more interaction, surprise....and more puzzles.
I am especially fond of collectibles..
I think Kimkel said it best for me << I much prefer the interactive type. They feel more like a mini-escape puzzle>>
a good game for me is interactive....it feels as if I have entered a different world.
and I hoped when I saw the artistic beauty of Tibet in your game as I began the demo, that I would be carried away.....but, sadly, was not.
I have added it to my "Maybe" list for when I am looking for something to play and can't find one I want, but frankly unless it got better later in the demo, I was not engaged at all. I am afraid I fell asleep.

Hey tookat,

Thank you for your post and all information you provide to us. It is precious to us .
OK you too think that there is way too much HO scenes.
We will definitely fix it.
When you say that pacing is slow, do you maybe have an idea what we can done differently to make it faster?
Then you said there weren't enough in the offerings of the extras to tempt me to the CE.
What kind of offering do you like ?
You also said part of it may have been lack of characters or interactions.
What kind of interactions you had in mind ?
And, you would like more puzzles. Don’t worry consider it done.

Best regards
Boris

4mybirds4
Salmon
Salmon
2,663 Posts

[Post New]by 4mybirds4 on Jul 5, 15 7:49 PM
I absolutely enjoyed playing this game, and this is one I will play again. Thanks for a beautiful game.

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Jul 5, 15 11:57 PM
Hi Boris,

First...Thank you so much for taking the time and interest in wanting to knowing our opinions on your games. It's really rare these days...to see a Developer ask us anymore.

I like this game. I really like the storyline...it's something different for a change. Of course everyone has different opinions...but I like it! I would have like the colors to be more brilliant and realistic....with less of the purples/pinks/blues, that are being put into alot of games of late. But, it's still a nice and enjoyable game. The graphics are good as well. I own your all of your other games and enjoy them also.

I came up with my own rating system, many years ago...when sites didn't even have a rating system yet. And I put my own sense of humor in them.

This game was a buy for me and I'm enjoying it. Thank you again for taking the time to visit us and ask us our opinions. Job well done to the Artist and Everyone who worked on this game. Best to you,
Lisa

So, with this said...I will rate your game: “PIGLET”
Good game. I like these little gems! This game is for true lovers of these types of games.

“These are my terms for Hogs, I Hogs, frogs & Adventure games:

“DIVINE FINE SWINE”
The absolute best of the best! It has everything you want in a game and things you didn’t know you wanted in a game.
It is a rare beauty and a must have! Beyond expectations! I really love it!

“FINE SWINE”
Great game! Best graphics and storyline. All the bells and whistles! The best and greatest of games! I love it!

“PIGLET”
Good game. I like these little gems! This game is for true lovers of these types of games.

“PORK BELLY”
May be a likable game for some, but not for everyone.

“TROTTERS”
Don't run away with this pig’s foot.

“PIG DOWN”
Rolling in the mud! Don’t go near it or you'll get soiled.
‘ ‘
(o)

[Post New]by BraveGiant on Jul 6, 15 6:04 AM
twinsoniclab wrote:Since Demon Hunter 2 isn't on BFG yet (they do have number one, which I recommend), I had to download it elsewhere! I watched the credits!
Tee hee... Thank you so much! You made my day... no, my week... maybe even my year! Probably longer...

And there are no sparkles! I would give you a big hug if I could!

Hey twinsoniclab,
Thank you on your kind words it was my pleasure and I am glad that you like it .
Best regards
Boris

[Post New]by BraveGiant on Jul 6, 15 6:06 AM
4mybirds4 wrote:I absolutely enjoyed playing this game, and this is one I will play again. Thanks for a beautiful game.

Hey 4mybirds4,

Thank you very much on kind words it is music for our ears .

Best regards
Boris

[Post New]by BraveGiant on Jul 6, 15 6:23 AM
LovetoMissLisa wrote:Hi Boris,

First...Thank you so much for taking the time and interest in wanting to knowing our opinions on your games. It's really rare these days...to see a Developer ask us anymore.

I like this game. I really like the storyline...it's something different for a change. Of course everyone has different opinions...but I like it! I would have like the colors to be more brilliant and realistic....with less of the purples/pinks/blues, that are being put into alot of games of late. But, it's still a nice and enjoyable game. The graphics are good as well. I own your all of your other games and enjoy them also.

I came up with my own rating system, many years ago...when sites didn't even have a rating system yet. And I put my own sense of humor in them.

This game was a buy for me and I'm enjoying it. Thank you again for taking the time to visit us and ask us our opinions. Job well done to the Artist and Everyone who worked on this game. Best to you,
Lisa

So, with this said...I will rate your game: “PIGLET”

“These are my terms for Hogs, I Hogs, frogs & Adventure games:

“DIVINE FINE SWINE”
The absolute best of the best! It has everything you want in a game and things you didn’t know you wanted in a game.
It is a rare beauty and a must have! Beyond expectations! I really love it!

“FINE SWINE”
Great game! Best graphics and storyline. All the bells and whistles! The best and greatest of games! I love it!

“PIGLET”

“PORK BELLY”
May be a likable game for some, but not for everyone.

“TROTTERS”
Don't run away with this pig’s foot.

“PIG DOWN”
Rolling in the mud! Don’t go near it or you'll get soiled.
‘ ‘
(o)

Hi LovetoMissLisa,
First of all thank you very much on your time to write this review, much appreciate . And you have a lovley rating system, I hope that we will reach “DIVINE FINE SWINE” one day.
Best regards
Boris

kandinsky
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

could have been so much better

[Post New]by kandinsky on Jul 6, 15 5:03 PM
Boris,
thanks for being here...
and here's what I liked with the game, that kept me going to the end, a quest beyond the edge of the world. To the Shangrila of the old novel and movie Lost Horizon, which draws from the Tibetan idea of a hidden and sacred center of the world...
so a quest...
things that seem to me to need more work
1.something like consistency in the historical period starting with an old frigate coming into port, on to air planes and the reset symbol on computers...
maybe secondary in fantasy but...
2. the strangeness to say the least of an aging english noblewoman flying and later parachuting and being a complete Indiana Jones. granted she is a surrogate figure for players fantasy... even in fantasy a degree of realism is better if requiring more work.
3. The settings to me looked like chinatown souvenir shops with plastic Buddhas alternating with European type settings and of all things Nordic runic writing.
would it be so hard to study a little and use Tibetan characters...
4.The story through the journal entries devolves into the story of a very european type king and family feud bringing the dark etc from so many other games.
5.when we get to shangrila-shambhala it is by cable car and the place itself has no special mystery or character
it is not beyond the edge of the world it is again
a shop in china town.
all of this could have been so much more deeply and better worked in my opinion but anyway that is my opinion, maybe it is what you wanted to make but...
anyway thank you for making games
it is a good profession and we need fantasy

[Removed by Moderator] =Kandinsky in bigfish

Edited on 07/07/2015 at 9:02:27 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jul 7, 15 9:03 AM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to pop in here and thank players for their feedback in regards to this particular game. I'd also like to remind users of the Forum Rules specifically,

Keep private matters private. Do not repost or discuss any private messages or emails you receive from other forum users, moderators, or Customer Support. Protect the privacy of other forum users by keeping real names and emails out of public posts.

Thanks for your understanding everyone! Let a moderator know if you have any questions. Happy posting!

bfgBellerophon

girlwonder
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by girlwonder on Jul 7, 15 12:16 PM
I really enjoyed playing this game with one exception....if you see you have forgotten a collectible in one of the scenes, you can't go back and get it once you pass a certain point. With gold coins, apples, swords and stars, it is hard to keep up with them. Is there any reward at end of game if you find all the above?

Thanks
Marilyn

[Post New]by st97et on Jul 7, 15 6:07 PM
Would like to buy the music Spirit Whisper.

dkirb
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by dkirb on Jul 7, 15 7:57 PM
I'm having trouble with the first blue crystal. It shows on the screen, but i can't pick it up to put in inventory. I was able to get the second one and all other objects but the 1st crystal just remains on my screen. i will need it to freeze the lake... Can't go any farther until I am able to get it. Any suggestions?

Go to: