MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

Video Solutions and Screenshots for Department 42: The Mystery of the Nine

[Post New]by MargieB on Jul 12, 09 1:05 PM
Hi All,

I just put together some screenshots and videos for the mini-games and puzzles in the game. The walkthrough should be posted tomorrow if all goes according to plan.

If you don't see a solution that you need in the videos or screenshots, please post it in this thread and we will try to get you some answers.

The videos are posted on the BigFishGamesTips Youtube, channel. The screenshots are posted on BigFishGamesTips Photobucket account.

Please do not post any outside links in these forums, these links are provided through the Big Fish Games company.

Thanks,

Margie B

You can view the album for the Screenshot Solutions by clicking here.


Video Solution for Destroying the Golem

Video Solution for the Electronic Lock (Pollock's Car Dump)

Video Solution for the Elemental Lock

Video Solution for Ghost Door/ Rose Puzzle

Video Solution for Legba the Trickster

Video Solution for Stopwatch Car Race




Edited on 07/15/2009 at 11:28:51 AM PST


 
lilyr
Marlin
Marlin
8,137 Posts

Re:Mini-Walkthrough: Video Solutions and Screenshots for Department 42: The Mystery of the Nine

[Post New]by lilyr on Jul 12, 09 1:44 PM
Thank you so much Margie B.. I'm sure they'll be very useful (especially to me ).

 
MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

Re:Mini-Walkthrough: Video Solutions and Screenshots for Department 42: The Mystery of the Nine

[Post New]by MargieB on Jul 12, 09 4:53 PM
You're welcome, lilyr, thanks for always being so sweet

I'm bumping this up for the people who sent me PMs looking for the screenshots.

Margie B

 
schuldi
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

Re:Mini-Walkthrough: Video Solutions and Screenshots for Department 42: The Mystery of the Nine

[Post New]by schuldi on Jul 12, 09 6:02 PM
Thank you Margie B., you are a doll. We really miss you over there,

 

Re:Mini-Walkthrough: Video Solutions and Screenshots for Department 42: The Mystery of the Nine

[Post New]by c2justice on Jul 12, 09 6:14 PM
Hello was wondering of you might has some help in getting through the combination in getting into the lab at the bar. I seem to be stuck. Thanks!

 
MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

Re:Mini-Walkthrough: Video Solutions and Screenshots for Department 42: The Mystery of the Nin

[Post New]by MargieB on Jul 12, 09 6:28 PM
c2justice wrote:Hello was wondering of you might has some help in getting through the combination in getting into the lab at the bar. I seem to be stuck. Thanks!


Hi c2justice, The combination for the safe is "263"

Hey Schuldiner *waves* so good to see you here!

How are you enjoying the game?

Hugs,

Margie B

Edited on 07/12/2009 at 6:28:41 PM PST


 
druishprin
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

Re:Mini-Walkthrough: Video Solutions and Screenshots for Department 42: The Mystery of the Nine

[Post New]by druishprin on Jul 12, 09 6:49 PM
can someone tel me where the last piece of the mirror is? have all 5 tarot cards cant find last mirror piece

 
MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

Re:Mini-Walkthrough: Video Solutions and Screenshots for Department 42: The Mystery of the Nine

[Post New]by MargieB on Jul 12, 09 8:31 PM
druishprin wrote:can someone tel me where the last piece of the mirror is? have all 5 tarot cards cant find last mirror piece


Hi druishprin

After you get the "Magi" tarot card, go back to the Mirror Room and there will be a sparkly area, click on that and you will be given the last glass shard once you find all the objects on the list.

Good Luck,

Margie B

 

Re:Mini-Walkthrough: Video Solutions and Screenshots for Department 42: The Mystery of the Nine

[Post New]by hawkavonpuka on Jul 12, 09 8:35 PM
I am so stuck on the moving the cards on the mirror puzzle, anybody out there figure it out yet?

 
pnk96722
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

Re:Mini-Walkthrough: Video Solutions and Screenshots for Department 42: The Mystery of the Nin

[Post New]by pnk96722 on Jul 12, 09 8:49 PM
margie134 wrote:
druishprin wrote:can someone tel me where the last piece of the mirror is? have all 5 tarot cards cant find last mirror piece


Cool! Where the heck is the Magi tarot card please!!! I'll be holding my breath for the answer

Hi druishprin

After you get the "Magi" tarot card, go back to the Mirror Room and there will be a sparkly area, click on that and you will be given the last glass shard once you find all the objects on the list.

Good Luck,

Margie B


 

Re:Mini-Walkthrough: Video Solutions and Screenshots for Department 42: The Mystery of the Nine

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jul 12, 09 8:51 PM
I have all five tarot cards and the mirror room is the only room open.....the other two say "there is nothing to do here", but I don't have any sparkly areas and when I click on hint it goes to a spot on the mirror.........but nothing happens. I have clicked everywhere in this room and I have been stuck here since early this morning. Went to bed, came back and still nothing. Please someone, give me some help.

 
MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

Re:Mini-Walkthrough: Video Solutions and Screenshots for Department 42: The Mystery of the Ni

[Post New]by MargieB on Jul 12, 09 8:56 PM
pnk96722 wrote:
margie134 wrote:
druishprin wrote:can someone tel me where the last piece of the mirror is? have all 5 tarot cards cant find last mirror piece


Cool! Where the heck is the Magi tarot card please!!! I'll be holding my breath for the answer

Hi druishprin

After you get the "Magi" tarot card, go back to the Mirror Room and there will be a sparkly area, click on that and you will be given the last glass shard once you find all the objects on the list.

Good Luck,

Margie B



Well pnk96722, we don't want you holding your breath

The Magi Card is in the Fortuneteller's Room, you will receive it after you open the chest and beat the tarot mini-game.

Margie B


 
MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

Re:Mini-Walkthrough: Video Solutions and Screenshots for Department 42: The Mystery of the Nine

[Post New]by MargieB on Jul 12, 09 8:58 PM
WolfenRaindancer wrote:I have all five tarot cards and the mirror room is the only room open.....the other two say "there is nothing to do here", but I don't have any sparkly areas and when I click on hint it goes to a spot on the mirror.........but nothing happens. I have clicked everywhere in this room and I have been stuck here since early this morning. Went to bed, came back and still nothing. Please someone, give me some help.


Hi WolfenRaindancer,

Did you collect the 2 crescent moons with the counterweight yet?


Margie B

 

Re:Mini-Walkthrough: Video Solutions and Screenshots for Department 42: The Mystery of the Nine

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jul 12, 09 9:02 PM
Yes, I have done everything........the other two rooms tell me nothing is to be done in them........and in the big mirror room, nothing sparkles, and the hint moves in on a spot on the enchanted mirror.........but nothing happens, when I click on it, except the spiel about the mirror in the portrait. Is it a glitch in the game or what. I have all five tarot cards and I am just plain out stuck.

 

Re:Mini-Walkthrough: Video Solutions and Screenshots for Department 42: The Mystery of the Nine

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jul 12, 09 9:08 PM
uh, not portrait but portal, lol. I even went back to the other rooms and clicked on stuff there anyway.......but nothing. Short of uninstalling and starting over from scratch, I am totally stumped. You are saying there should be a sparkly area where you get the last shard, but since nothing is sparkling, I think there must be something wrong.

 

Re:Mini-Walkthrough: Video Solutions and Screenshots for Department 42: The Mystery of the Nine

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jul 12, 09 9:12 PM
Welllllllll, this is truly weird.........out of desperation, I went back to the other mirrored room......which said "there is nothing to be done here, try another room", and I got a magnifying eye on the taped up portion of the glass.........clicked on it and lo and behold, there was a glass shard.......off to put it in and on with the game, yeehaww. So there must be a glicth, but fortunately it worked out, lol. Thanks for your help, anyway.

 
MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

Re:Mini-Walkthrough: Video Solutions and Screenshots for Department 42: The Mystery of the Nine

[Post New]by MargieB on Jul 12, 09 9:15 PM
WolfenRaindancer wrote:uh, not portrait but portal, lol. I even went back to the other rooms and clicked on stuff there anyway.......but nothing. Short of uninstalling and starting over from scratch, I am totally stumped. You are saying there should be a sparkly area where you get the last shard, but since nothing is sparkling, I think there must be something wrong.


Hey WolfenRainDancer,

If you click on the screenshot link that is on my original post, you will see that I just added the 2 screenshots that show you where the sparkly area is and the scene that contains the last mirror shard.

Let me know if this helps you any.I wish I knew what else to tell you but it sounds like you've followed all the right steps.

Margie B

 

Re:Mini-Walkthrough: Video Solutions and Screenshots for Department 42: The Mystery of the Nine

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jul 12, 09 10:16 PM
I think it was a problem with the display driver.........When I downloaded this game it installed directX10, and I have noticed that sometimes I get this message that the display driver had quit working but has recovered. Never had this problem before......so I did a search and downloaded something called "Vista codecs" and the add on for 64 bit........thought this might solve the problem. But now I am stuck again. Got the Flaming Rose in the vase and nothing else.......no sparkles and hint just circles the middle part of the pentagram on the table. Can't do anything at all. So MargieB.......help me out once again, please. I love this game, but I don't enjoy being stuck.

 

Re:Mini-Walkthrough: Video Solutions and Screenshots for Department 42: The Mystery of the Nine

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jul 12, 09 10:17 PM
Oops, not Margie B.......just Margie, lol.

 
MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

Re:Mini-Walkthrough: Video Solutions and Screenshots for Department 42: The Mystery of the Nine

[Post New]by MargieB on Jul 13, 09 5:37 AM
WolfenRaindancer wrote:I think it was a problem with the display driver.........When I downloaded this game it installed directX10, and I have noticed that sometimes I get this message that the display driver had quit working but has recovered. Never had this problem before......so I did a search and downloaded something called "Vista codecs" and the add on for 64 bit........thought this might solve the problem. But now I am stuck again. Got the Flaming Rose in the vase and nothing else.......no sparkles and hint just circles the middle part of the pentagram on the table. Can't do anything at all. So MargieB.......help me out once again, please. I love this game, but I don't enjoy being stuck.


Hi WolfenRainDancer

• Place the Mirror of Dreams on the back wall. It goes on the left side of the door.

• The Flaming Rose goes on the Sooty Vase that is in the lower right side of the scene.

• The Sphere of Life goes on the Pentagram that is on the table.

• Place the Dreamsand on the Pentagram and the Mirror on the left side of the door will be activated.

• Click on the Mirror Portal to go through it.

Margie B


 
 
 
 
Go to: