Kittypurrrs
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

~ MINI-GOLF ~ items/ ideas/suggestions

[Post New]by Kittypurrrs on Jul 5, 15 10:40 AM
Mini golf ideas only please. Place other game related suggestions in this sticky:
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/256752.page

On the CNE game site forum (not allowed to use the name or give URLs to other game sites) here is the answer to player's requests for more items for mini-golf courses.

Erika/Alyniana (CNE Dev)

~We're not letting players put a bed or couch on their mini golf course.
~A list of sensible outdoor type items is appreciated.

If you know the names of the pieces you want to use to decorate your golf course, that would be helpful. We know players want more. Erika

We need a list of what we would like to see here.

My suggestions

~ As this is a separate area, have a space above stars that says the characters name who made it and how many holes. (when we play randomly it is a shame not to know whose course you are on!)

~ how about a feedback line so we can add feedback... even if it was boxes that could be checked or choices from a drop down menu.

EG: Course is empty/incomplete please close to public; Hole number (drop down to choose hole number) is not working; Course was (drop down choices EG: fun, too hard, well laid out, great decor)

~ Windmill Should have an actual hole. When it is sideways, it seems to work as the ball slips easily by but when the holes are facing you , they are blocked.

~ I saw that this year's statue of liberty could be used to enhance the flag obstacle holes, but was rather surprised to see that the maple flower patch could not! That would be a great addition so please, please think about that one? DONE!

~ Any flowers, bushes, trees, decoration should be in the store or transferable if we have it in inventory, pretty please.

FLYBABY posted these suggestions: (so you do not have to repeat flybaby!

~ Toadstool and mushroom ring would also be a great addition.DONE

~ I'm hoping that pets won't be allowed on the courses, except for maybe the butterfly, dragonfly, or frog. Those are tiny, and don't seem to use too much memory.

~ flowers/flowering bushes/flowering trees ... to enhance the beauty of the course, as well as our ranches.

~ I'd also like to see more holiday and seasonal items (to go along with the holiday themed golf pieces). Lamp posts, and the lava rock floor would also be nice. DONE

*Please list items YOU would like to see here.

Edited on 12/17/2015 at 1:58:38 PM PST

Kittypurrrs
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

Re:mini-golf ... items/ ideas/suggestions

[Post New]by Kittypurrrs on Jul 5, 15 10:51 AM
And the latest one :
~ THIS YEAR is the 50th anniversary of the CANADIAN flag. The developers missed an opportunity to make us delighted and honour their heritage with ... a free flag gift from the developers... like the one on a flag pole, in the commons for Patriotic event. *cough* It could be the beginning of future additions like flags for any country people could buy and fly on their ranches and golf courses. (being flags already exist, no artistic pain to make and could be sold in the main area of the town hall from a drop down menu... I have been happy to meet people from my home Province and elsewhere in Canada, but know we have people from Turkey, Asia, USA, England and Australia that I have met and some already expressed they liked the idea)

http://www.photius.com/flags/alphabetic_list.html

Hopefully other players have more ideas to add to enhance the game play in this area.

Edited on 07/23/2015 at 10:44:16 AM PST

Flybaby
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

Re:mini-golf items/ ideas/suggestions

[Post New]by Flybaby on Jul 5, 15 12:55 PM
You have so many great ideas, Kitty. As for the seasonal things, there are so many, and that's why I didn't list them earlier. I'd be happy with just a few. ie. snowman (not the pet), Christmas lamp post, bonzai Christmas tree, squash pile.
Thanks for all the work you do on the forums to help players out!

Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by 87656798568 on Jul 5, 15 9:37 PM
Unlike real life where you are able to line up your shot an unlimited number of times before shooting, one thing I find annoying to the point of not bothering even playing is that you only have one chance to line up your shot. If you don't line it up just right, you must take the shot anyways. A reset button to allow multiple attempts to line up the shot just right before you take it in my opinion is a must to making this mini-game even playable.

Also I find myself accidentally clicking outside of the circle and effectively ending the hole as I'm unable to continue the hole short of starting over from the beginning of the hole. Clicking outside of the circle should be disabled to prevent this or allowing a player to click back on the hole area to continue where they were enabled.

Flybaby
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by Flybaby on Jul 6, 15 6:13 AM
87656798568 wrote:A reset button to allow multiple attempts to line up the shot just right before you take it in my opinion is a must to making this mini-game even playable.

A reset button is a great idea, or at least slow it down a little!

Kittypurrrs
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

[Post New]by Kittypurrrs on Jul 6, 15 9:51 AM
87656798568 wrote: Also I find myself accidentally clicking outside of the circle and effectively ending the hole as I'm unable to continue the hole short of starting over from the beginning of the hole. Clicking outside of the circle should be disabled to prevent this or allowing a player to click back on the hole area to continue where they were enabled.

One has to ask, why is that arrow even spinning at all? It should be stationary with us guiding it and the intensity bar as it is in other games!!

I do like the reset button idea. I am not sure what you mean by " Clicking outside of the circle" because I do that and am still able to click back in the circle. Did you mean click out of the play area? (the boxed in area) If that is so, the game makers call it a mulligan, but unlike real starts you over the entire play of that hole. Please explain if I got it wrong.

I was HORRIBLE at stopping the arrow when I started but am much better now. (erm, less horrible might be a better way to say it!) Did you try the "playing" hints on mini golf hint page?

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/412505.page

I place the curser and let the arrow go round one time, then try to hit the curser, rather than the hole. ( much like in pool using the tip of the cue as a guide) It helps a lot, as does using "the angle of reflection equals the angle of refraction" as you do in pool. I made many 1 and 2 putts around obstacles that way. Maybe it will help you as well. Good luck and thanks for the reply.

Edited on 07/07/2015 at 10:14:05 AM PST

Kittypurrrs
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

[Post New]by Kittypurrrs on Jul 6, 15 8:31 PM
~ Have different coloured tiles to make unique mosaic paths (gold for those who are billionaires) would be cool.

* I will expound on that suggestion to ask for different sized numbers and pieces in shapes to make mosaics. With these we can number the holes, make paths and patios and generally peak the interest of those more artistically inclined than golf oriented. I am thinking... That I would make a giant maple leaf at the entrance (I am still in patriotic mode...) but I know several players who would ease everyone's boredom by making spectacular courses from such an addition.

~ And another, from a person in chat: I have been popping into chat or making a yell on AI, to remind players to use the clown bonus hole every day as most forget. (This is a very quest intense game, so it is taxing on memory)

While in chat. someone said, "it should be a reminder in the town crier"... and I agree, as I make a pretty unreliable town crier. =) Please consider doing it! In the mean time:

REMINDER!

Bonus clown piece : Every 20 hours you or visitors can get a reward of energy, power and mana for getting it in the hole the first time of the day! This is available to all players who visit anyone's golf course or ranch set-up that has the clown.

Each of the larger courses that has been rated tells you whether they have a clown hole or not and on what hole it is located:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/412505.page or visit the top-rated courses as most have a clown hole on them.

~ AAAAAAAAAAAND tonight I saw a toybox dumped onto a course. What the heck? Allowing that before the maple flower patch is quite unbelievable.

Edited on 07/07/2015 at 8:03:24 PM PST

Kittypurrrs
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

[Post New]by Kittypurrrs on Jul 7, 15 6:19 PM
I KNOW I am not the only one golfing, and I know I am not the only one with ideas! Please add yours.

~ For future obstacles, a series of Amicus Isle Tiki masks with a semi circle hole (mouth) for obstacles that allow the ball through the semi cicle,

~! OR even better, a large Tiki mask hole that gives an AI token daily ... with same tongue as clown.

~ For future obstacles, a capsized boat on an angle, pirate themed obstacles.

~ a maze made out of... you guessed it... BUSHES, and were you golfing a bit, you might find that player rebeccaAH has built a maze to fill in the space on her course.

~ huge alligator mouth with a smaller body and space between the teeth to shoot through.

~ a mermaid riding a dolphin with a whirlpool hole. Coral for decorations

~ a large mouthed octopus with tentacles that have grooves in it so ball comes out in any of 8 directions.

~ Giant clam shell as a hole and the “pearl” is the golf ball ... Clam closes and opens slowly.

~Desert themed with sand patches and a scorpion obstacle whose tail whips the ball away if you land in its shape. Cactus of different types as obstacles in bunches and as decorations.

~Western themed with horses on angles, with cowboy hat rim that if you hit exactly it roles out the other side of the brim into a hole. (Allow the hay bales to decorate)

Edited on 07/23/2015 at 10:50:16 AM PST

Kittypurrrs
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

[Post New]by Kittypurrrs on Jul 10, 15 9:13 PM
From the CNE blog: What has changed thus far for golf in the newest update

...A large number of items to be placed on the Mini Golf course. (Enjoy!)

...Four new achievements related to Mini Golf; all tracked retroactively.

- Play a full set of holes on X other player's courses (play any hole to trigger.)
- Complete Gilmore's quests to construct your own course (talk to Gilmore to trigger.)

Fixes:

...An issue that could occur if you visited a friend's ranch or mini-golf area while standing in a fishing area on Amicus Isle, resulting in disappearing controls.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have looked twice for the 4 golf achievements and cannot find them. ( in pouch, star icon) Where the heck are they? Arrgh! I found the mount ones right away...hmmmm. If you find them could you add them here please?

( EDIT: I finally found 2... the ones they mention of completing Gilmore's quest, and playing 50 golf courses, What are the other 2 I wonder??)

I am happy they added the flowering bushes and the maple flower patch. (The toybox is still there! -.- I hope they at least allowed the playground stuff as well so players can make a kids play area)

Gimore (the golf guy) still says, when you ask him for more info, and what items you can decorate the golf course with:

"we've picked a subset of normal ranch items... if there is a different item you would like to use, let us know and we will consider adding it to the whitelist"

So they are still considering items. Did you all get what you had hoped for? (I don't know what all is available as I am only 115 and my list is still very short) If not, be sure to add your ideas of what would enhance the golf courses, on this thread.

Edited on 10/28/2015 at 2:55:38 PM PST

Flybaby
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

Re:~mini-golf ~ items/ ideas/suggestions

[Post New]by Flybaby on Jul 11, 15 3:04 PM
I'm so happy for you that they added the maple flower patch. It was the first thing I added to my course, along with other new updates. I am really happy with the items that are now available. The only things that I'm a little disappointment about is that the
lava rock floor; firefly lamp; and volcano lamp weren't added. I think it would be a great addition to the volcano golf piece.

Edited on 07/11/2015 at 4:01:42 PM PST

Flybaby
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by Flybaby on Jul 12, 15 6:33 AM
I also only found two mini golf achievements:

the tee time
"play all the holes on another players golf course"

Green fields
"completed the quests to construct your own mini golf course"

I can't find the other 2. I wish they would put all four together at the end of the list so we could find the most recent.

Edited on 07/12/2015 at 6:42:40 AM PST

Kittypurrrs
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

[Post New]by Kittypurrrs on Jul 12, 15 8:28 AM
Flybaby wrote:I also only found two mini golf achievements:

Adendum: I looked and looked and finally realized that the other '2 achievements" are to golf on more unique courses! It is triggered by one full course, then 5 unique and finally 50 unique. We couldn't find them because there are only 2 awards, and we fulfilled them long ago, and the other one has subsets... grrrr again!

Edted to add: When looking in achievements (the star/bar insignia above your inventory bag) use shift and press the scroll triangle to look at it page by page.

Edited on 10/28/2015 at 3:00:06 PM PST

Kittypurrrs
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

[Post New]by Kittypurrrs on Jul 12, 15 9:39 AM
Please add any glitches that you find and if duplicated, a ticket can be sent in to eventually have it repaired.

List of Known Glitches:

~turkey hole sometimes needs to be hit so the turkey's head is IN the hole, so try it if it bounces out of hole. (Justin is aware)

~ The ghosts will 'shudder' and freeze to one spot, but where they would have been in the sequence is still blocked. (Justin is aware)

~Gorilla legs will sometimes not let you through when the leg is up, and will let you through when it is down. (Justin is aware)

I will add any glitches you find/notice to this list.

~The ball is sitting directly in the visual depiction hole, but is not considered "in the hole."

~ The mushrooms change often and sometimes are so bloated you can't see how to get by without being bounced out when going E to W or W to E

The lighthouse is now sometimes transparent and I got stuck in centre back on a S to N layout, then was bounced out of bounds, twice. Weird. (Made Justin aware)

Edited on 10/28/2015 at 3:00:52 PM PST

Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by 87656798568 on Jul 13, 15 11:42 AM
Kittypurrrs wrote:
One has to ask, why is that arrow even spinning at all? It should be stationary with us guiding it and the intensity bar as it is in other games!!

Now that is an excellent idea. I do now wonder why it is spinning, it would have been so much more fun and playable if it weren't spinning and could be aimed, just like you do when you have a mini-golf putter in your hand. Can you imagine playing a real life game of mini-golf and having the putter swinging around and around you and you had to lift up your arm at just the right moment to stop it in the right spot to line up the shot?

Kittypurrrs
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

[Post New]by Kittypurrrs on Jul 13, 15 3:14 PM
Rumbitothecore posted this suggestion:

The stat "Worst 1-hole score" is pretty meaningless. I could spend an hour deliberately tip-tapping the ball around the easiest hole to get that score up. Would it be possible to change that stat to "Best round" or "course record"? That way we can see how our round compares to the best on that course

Kittypurrrs
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

[Post New]by Kittypurrrs on Jul 26, 15 5:51 PM
I suggest that the gnomes be automatically transferable to the golf courses. (The newest gnome is not available on the course) Also any balloons, as they can be added to the clown hole as well as the popcorn/carnival area, and, also the popcorn and candy floss machines and kids rocket ride.

The rocket ship is really cute. How about a rocket/outerspace themed hole for the future? A "black hole" could make the ball disappear and appear in an unknown spot, a rocket ship that has space between stabilizer legs for ball to ease through.

Edited on 10/28/2015 at 3:02:08 PM PST

Kittypurrrs
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

Re:~MINI-GOLF ~ items/ ideas/suggestions for mini golf

[Post New]by Kittypurrrs on Dec 17, 15 1:41 PM
@Erika I loved getting the Christmas tree and the snowman for my snowy golf course hole, but I am wondering why the Santa toy bag wasn't also transferable. May I request it be added to the golf as well?

Players, are there other Christmas items that might look good that have not been transferred?

Edited on 01/24/2016 at 5:14:51 PM PST

Kittypurrrs
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

Re:~ MINI-GOLF ~ items/ ideas/suggestions

[Post New]by Kittypurrrs on Jan 24, 16 5:22 PM
@ Erika I am adding these with hopes you are taking suggestions from here, as well as the suggestion thread!

~ The clown piece seems to no longer be working on OTHER player's ranches as it says "internal error" and will not let you get the bonus. (You can use your own but not others, and golf course ones work) Please work on that, as some players prefer to have it on the ranch and like visitors. Also I know a player who would like to make a ranch page if more players make their ranches a show piece. Having a clown and knowing who has it on the ranch will be a draw to come look at their work. The reminder I add often here ( below) and on the Wiki says what the Devs originally added with the clown piece. I feel badly that my info is now partially incorrect.

~ The Latest golf piece, Nate Birthday TNT barrel is a hoot. If you do decide to make it the 3 barrels as in the depiction, perhaps tone down the blast, as I went back 3 pieces, then forward as many then all the way back. Fun to watch for sure, but perhaps not as much fun if it happens THREE times!

REMINDER!

Bonus clown piece : Every 20 hours you or visitors can get a reward of energy, power and mana for getting it in the hole the first time of the day! This is available to all players who visit anyone's golf course or ranch set-up that has the clown.

More info on the clown pieces and where to find them is here:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/412505.page

Each of the larger courses that has been rated on pages 1& 2 tells you whether they have a clown hole or not and on what hole it is located or, visit the top-rated courses as most have a clown hole on them.

Edited on 01/25/2016 at 11:59:24 AM PST

Kittypurrrs
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

Re:~ MINI-GOLF ~ items/ ideas/suggestions

[Post New]by Kittypurrrs on Feb 10, 16 9:55 PM
Someone just told me I should let the Devs know rather then her, that the boat is glitchy, but believe me I have. I made a list of glitches, but was told , " The mini-golf system has always been a side project in the game, so it was never really intended to have a lot of time spent on it." I was also told I was being "selfish' for having made tickets for all the glitches, so I guess I was the only one saying anything. (I didn't know being unable to play someone's course that they worked so hard on, somehow made ME selfish ... )

I guess we are stuck with any glitches being left unfixed. If you have a boat, and it is being played East to West it will not work, no matter how many times you turn it to have the 2 channeled square piece facing the player. When you leave your course, it flips back...

Also there are a lot of brand new players who did not finish the quest and perhaps took the bush bucks and not the golf pieces and so you will find a lot of white question marks and empty courses.

Chuck_Havens
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by Chuck_Havens on Feb 14, 16 6:11 PM
When looking in achievements (the star/bar insignia above your inventory bag) use shift and press the scroll triangle to look at it page by page.

---

On my computer, this scrolls TWO pages.

Go to: