Vegtime
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

Why does this cause my computer to crash?

[Post New]by Vegtime on Jul 12, 09 6:23 PM
Just got myself a new laptop with all the bells and whistles, seems to be able to handle everything except this game. It keeps causing my computer to want to shut down and send error messages. Has anyone else had this problem?

Re:Why does this cause my computer to crash?

[Post New]by sue58sue on Jul 21, 09 9:57 AM
I am having the same problem. I hope that someone out there can help me also. Whenever I have a really good game going it crashes.

Brysmom
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Brysmom on Aug 13, 09 9:15 AM
Has anyone come up with an answear to this problem? I've been playing this games for month with it stoping in the middle of a good run. What is the error with the game, I've tryed uninstalling and reinstalling which didn't help. If any one has an idea I'ld love to see it thanks

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Nov 23, 09 12:48 AM
I don't know, it used to run great on my old pc with ME2000. When I bought a new pc 3 years ago withXP it kept crashing. Never even tried it on newer laptop Vista. I bought it back when I was a member of another game club I think and too complicated trying to get help in India or reloading.

Sad, because I loved this v of Mahjong, the free cells to park tiles in, and the change of seasons. Maybe there is some compatibility setting on it, didn't know about that option then.

Had the same crashing on Mahjong Towers, but Mahjong Towers Eternity works fine when I finally convinced AVG antivirus it was a friend. For awhile AVG was blocking anything that even had the word Mahjong in the title, even on other sites.

I'd buy this again from BF if I didn't think I'd have the tech problems again, but I just can't deal with all the troubleshooting. Some new games with all the bells and interactive whistles won't run right, not enough RAM maybe, but then a lot of my oldest from WinME won't run either like this one. Let us know if anyone gets the right tech answers.

Edited on 11/23/2009 at 12:51:51 AM PST

[Post New]by haffer on Feb 24, 10 3:29 PM
puzzledone wrote:I don't know, it used to run great on my old pc with ME2000. When I bought a new pc 3 years ago withXP it kept crashing. Never even tried it on newer laptop Vista. I bought it back when I was a member of another game club I think and too complicated trying to get help in India or reloading.

Sad, because I loved this v of Mahjong, the free cells to park tiles in, and the change of seasons. Maybe there is some compatibility setting on it, didn't know about that option then.

Had the same crashing on Mahjong Towers, but Mahjong Towers Eternity works fine when I finally convinced AVG antivirus it was a friend. For awhile AVG was blocking anything that even had the word Mahjong in the title, even on other sites.

I'd buy this again from BF if I didn't think I'd have the tech problems again, but I just can't deal with all the troubleshooting. Some new games with all the bells and interactive whistles won't run right, not enough RAM maybe, but then a lot of my oldest from WinME won't run either like this one. Let us know if anyone gets the right tech answers.

Go to: