picman050967
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,226 Posts

TGT Reviews - Kuros

[Post New]by picman050967 on Jul 13, 09 9:18 AM
I read about how some people miss the morning reviews for Tomorrow's Game Today (TGT) games. How about this as a solution:
- The first person to start the string always start it "TGT Reviews - [game name]"
- This thread will be review and game feedback only (no bug issues, no walk through questions, no puzzle questions, as those should be reserved for the game specific threads)
- The moderators will not move this thread over to the game specific discussions until the following day (the day it is "Today's Game")

This will allow "Chit Chatters" to discuss the game without having to figure out what game it is or where to go.

It will also direct all game play related questions to not clutter Chit Chat as they will be specific to the game's thread, not the TGT reviews thread.

Sound good?

So in that spirit, what are your reviews of Kuros?

Picman

P.s. You can probably tell by the lack of typos and spelling errors, I am back from vacation and no longer have to post via an iPhone!

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

Re:TGT Reviews - Kuros

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Jul 13, 09 9:25 AM
Just wanted to say, sounds like a good idea to me!

justnorma
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by justnorma on Jul 13, 09 9:35 AM
I would to see threads devoted to reviews *only*. I get very frustrated while reading reviews on a thread, and suddenly I'm given the answer to a puzzle.

Thanks Picman!

[Post New]by AroundTheBend on Jul 13, 09 9:38 AM
The graphics are beautiful! It reminds me of the artwork in the 4 Elements game. I am currently stuck, lacking JUST one map piece to move on, but I like the mini games I've played so far. I'm not too sure about the replay value, other than improving my skills in finding objects as opposed to clicking until something moves. I am taking my time to enjoy this game. It is a nice adventure story/HOG. . . and I am not a big fan of HOGs.

I don't think I've given away details (I Hope)
. . . and I noticed I have just morphed.

Edited on 07/13/2009 at 9:46:47 AM PST

bfgCelebes
Flounder
Flounder
2,038 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCelebes on Jul 13, 09 10:32 AM
Hey all,

So we talked to Paul, aka Picman, and very soon our moderators will be creating TGT Review threads by 2:00 AM Big Fish time so that you can discuss your thoughts on games, as well as read feedback from our very own review team!

Of course, you're still welcome to post your reviews before then, but if you'd like your review to be a part of the official TGT Review thread featured on the Chit-Chat page, just hang onto your review after you're done writing it and post it as soon as the thread is up. This will be a great way for the reviews to all be in one place where everybody can see them.

Cheers!

~~~bfgCelebes~ ~~~

amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,544 Posts

[Post New]by amj0963 on Jul 13, 09 10:41 AM
thank you so much picman because i couldn't find anything in the game forums last night for kuros so i had to wait until this morning.

oh did i say thank you again and again.

i loved the game i did put my review in the game thread

Edited on 07/13/2009 at 10:50:29 AM PST

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Jul 13, 09 10:43 AM
Great idea.

I enjoyed playing this game and even managed to draw the glyphs with my unsteady hand without too much trouble as they were uncomplicated symbols.

For the price that we pay I think the game was well worth the money and I am glad that I bought it.

C

ETA Welcome Home Picman.

Edited on 07/13/2009 at 10:44:34 AM PST

prchalpn
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,132 Posts

[Post New]by prchalpn on Jul 13, 09 10:48 AM
Did demo and thought it was a good game but very easy. Thought it would get more difficult after I bought it. Great graphics but it was too short to me, and too easy. Sorry to say I wished I hadn't bought it.
I still luv u BF!!!

Difficulty level:
This is an easier game for a beginning or mid-level gamer. (from another thread)

Graphics and story-
Length and difficulty-

But I"m ok with it . Hope everyone enjoys it!

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Jul 13, 09 10:51 AM
I have only gotten to the part where I opened the door and see the stairway. The graphics are very good! This game looks like an LF but isn't. I like the puzzles, so far I have solved 3 I think. As soon as I find that map piece, I will know what to look for and should have less trouble finding the next piece. Nice game so far

memaw7
Marlin
Marlin
8,628 Posts

[Post New]by memaw7 on Jul 13, 09 10:54 AM
I want this game and I want it now !!!!!
.(jumping up and down and stomping my feet)
Oh!! I have it now, opps, disregard tantrum

char1132
Manatee
Manatee
4,059 Posts

[Post New]by char1132 on Jul 13, 09 10:57 AM
thanks Picman

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Jul 13, 09 11:01 AM
Thank you Paul- this plan sounds good. Hope you had a great vacation

I really enjoyed the game. The puzzles were not too difficult but some of the glyph puzzles you had to think expecially at the end. Finding some of the objects was a challenge and a bit frustrating at times but I managed to find everything in the end.
The graphics were excellent.
I wasn't that keen on the actual story or the character voices but that did not take away from the fun of the gameplay.

I thought this was a very high quality game.

lastoasis
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by lastoasis on Jul 13, 09 11:36 AM
I'm really glad we'll have this solution! I have to be really careful with my gaming money so I need reviews to decide where to spend. There are a lot of fishes whose opinion I trust, and now I can find their thoughts easily. It's so wonderful how responsive Big Fish is to us little fishes; I'm starting to feel like this is my home away from home. I've even been visiting several times a day, even after the 12 am excitement of the newest game, just to read the forums. And from reading the forums I've found other, older games which people mention, and have bought a few. Thank you Paul and the rest of Big Fish for your attention and care. It makes this website and company seem like a giant family instead of a business.
Heather

lilorange
Flounder
Flounder
2,206 Posts

[Post New]by lilorange on Jul 13, 09 12:18 PM
Welcome back picman--sounds like a great plan to me! It should keep the fishies happy and hopefully keep things on one thread so the mods aren't constantly having to move things!

ruby_leo
Clownfish
Clownfish
764 Posts

[Post New]by ruby_leo on Jul 13, 09 12:49 PM
Welcome Back Picman! You and your staff are so good to all of us fishies in this pond! What a great solution to come up with! The reviews are very important to read! I am having fun with this game! Graphics are great and no bugs so far!

smokey83
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,927 Posts

[Post New]by smokey83 on Jul 13, 09 1:09 PM
ruby_leo wrote: Welcome Back Picman! You and your staff are so good to all of us fishies in this pond! What a great solution to come up with! The reviews are very important to read! I am having fun with this game! Graphics are great and no bugs so far!

Ditto

LogieBaby
Clownfish
Clownfish
603 Posts

[Post New]by LogieBaby on Jul 13, 09 2:18 PM
For all the advance buzz about Kuros, it is at best a mid-level game as to its challenge for HOGgers and puzzlers. Liek most of its type, the replayvalue will be minimal. I will not discourage new fishes from purchasing this game, but for those of you who have tackled the tough nuts like RTR, Madame Fate, etc., let me remind you of that noted Latin expression: caveat emptor.

starzette77
Guppy
Guppy
170 Posts

[Post New]by starzette77 on Jul 13, 09 2:31 PM
Hi Picman

Hope you had a safe and fun vacation welcome back

Go to: