Kuros comments and reviews

bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Kuros comments and reviews

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jul 13, 09 9:19 AM
Here is what our reviewer thought of Kuros. We're sure you have comments you would like to share with the community. Post your own thoughts about the game in this thread and join the conversation!

Comments:
With beautiful graphics and fun puzzles, Kuros gives a player a nice game to enjoy during a break from a busy day. Many of the puzzles are based on patterns and hand/eye coordination, so prepare yourself for a new challenge than what you’re accustomed to. There are a few movie scenes with close up shots, but if you’d prefer not to view those you can always skip ahead. Each of the realms that you must visit has different music and sound effects that make the player feel immersed in the alternate world within the game. By communicating with all of the characters within the game, you also feel a great connection to the story line. The game leaves you truly wanting to save every realm, in your world and theirs, in this engaging Adventure game!

Genre:
This is an Adventure game that also falls under the Puzzle genre as well.

Game Modes:
Kuros can only be played in standard, untimed mode.

Depth:
This game has fifteen different locations that must be visited multiple times, but a determined gamer would be able to complete it in one sitting.

Similar to:
Kuros is similar to Dream Chronicles: The Chosen Child, Pahelika: Secret Legends and Journey to the Center of the Earth.

Difficulty level:
This is an easier game for a beginning or mid-level gamer.

Review by L.D.

Edited on 07/22/2009 at 5:20:10 PM PST

MaJaCary
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

Re:Kuros comments and reviews

[Post New]by MaJaCary on Jul 13, 09 9:22 AM
well i am still downloading the sample version but from what i can tell it looks kinda kool

MtnLady
Lobster
Lobster
98 Posts

[Post New]by MtnLady on Jul 13, 09 10:15 AM
Hello All
On the "UP" side of Kuros.. I am loving it! Not too hard, not to easy. Beautiful artwork!
A buy & keeper for me.

On the "DOWN" side... I was enjoying the game so much, I just killed my beautiful stuffed baked potato in the microwave from playing this game and NOT paying attention to my food!

cece2u45
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by cece2u45 on Jul 13, 09 10:19 AM
I think it is a really good game,not to hard,but just enough to keep you playing.
I am having trouble finding the last seedling and flower on a level,so will wait a while and go back.

All in all it is well worth the money for me,I love the HOG/ puzzle game's like this.
Thank's

amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,544 Posts

[Post New]by amj0963 on Jul 13, 09 10:24 AM
i love the graphics i feel like i am in a fantasy with the landscapes. i also like the concept of the game i don't buy large file games because i get flustered just walking around and trying to figure out what to do but this game is different it tells you what you need the only thing i don't like is the hint system i found 1 hint in the very beginning that i had to use because the map was so well blended in i could not see it. but other than that great game before i realized my hour was up and i purchased it. i do admit i did have to use the walkthrough from gamezebo trying to find the music sheets i could only find 3 so i needed help on that but the walkthrough really helped. i am a hog/adventure gamer so this is definitely a game for those who like this type of game.

i give this game

Edited on 07/13/2009 at 10:25:22 AM PST

JanneHelen
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by JanneHelen on Jul 13, 09 11:21 AM
Wonderful game!!! Forgot everything around me, even my boyfriend but I had to finish this game
I give this game: /6

Anniejo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,109 Posts

[Post New]by Anniejo on Jul 13, 09 11:23 AM
Brillant

[Post New]by twolittlehorses on Jul 13, 09 11:30 AM
Fantastic game!! However, I am unable to get out of the Wizards tree top house.

[Post New]by fairybubbles007 on Jul 13, 09 12:47 PM
what a great game i have only played the download so far and i am going to buy this game well done BF

PuppyDogMom1
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by PuppyDogMom1 on Jul 13, 09 2:33 PM
I've played the trial version and liked it. However, from the comments I'm reading I'd like some advice on whether to get the full version of this or Treasure Seekers. They seem to be compared favorably but some higher marks given to Treasure Seekers.

I've already played the trial version of Treasure Seekers, but it was a while ago and I can't remember it!

Comments are appreciated...

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Jul 13, 09 2:37 PM
I have finished the Demo. This is an adventure game. I would not classify it as a HOG even though you must find objects. It is very similar to many LF games in beauty and in play.

I am on the fence about purchasing this. I would love to finish the game. At the same time I am annoyed by some of the game play. Often your only option to find an item is just to click endlessly until you stumble upon it. Many times you never see the object until you click on it.

Hints are few and far between but they do exist. You get one Hint at a time and after you use it, you are unlikely to find another in the same scene.

There is a circular inventory system with images of items to find. This is the same as used in the two "Treasure Seekers" games. At this point I am in the treehouse where I need to play the organ. Up to this point there has not been more than one of these inventories in a scene. Actions you take reveal these inventory items. For example, in this scene you must find sheet music and play the organ. After playing, an item it two is/are revealed. You keep playing and revealing until you fill in the inventory. BTW, you do not need to hear to play this organ. You can easily see which keys to play so if you are hard of hearing, don't worry about it.

There is also a regular inventory at the bottom of the scree where you store some of the item that you find until you use them. This is also very reminiscent of LF adventure games. In fact, this game looks like an LF adventure that was cut down.

There are some nice minigames which can be challenging but I have had no problems solving them up to this point. Some are simple slider puzzles. You will also have to piece together a map from time to time (simple jigsaw). There are others.

It is an interesting game but is often frustrating/annoying for me which makes me hesitate to buy it. At the same time, I want to see it through to the end. What to do?

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Jul 13, 09 2:41 PM
PuppyDogMom1 wrote:...the comments I'm reading I'd like some advice on whether to get the full version of this or Treasure Seekers. They seem to be compared favorably but some higher marks given to Treasure Seekers...

I would recommend "Treasure Seekers". It was a more "together" game for me. this game, although beautiful and interesting, seems just a little "off", not as solid as TS. I do recommend trying both of them. Some people will prefer one over the other obviously.

PuppyDogMom1
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by PuppyDogMom1 on Jul 13, 09 2:55 PM
bribling wrote:
PuppyDogMom1 wrote:...the comments I'm reading I'd like some advice on whether to get the full version of this or Treasure Seekers. They seem to be compared favorably but some higher marks given to Treasure Seekers...

I would recommend "Treasure Seekers". It was a more "together" game for me. this game, although beautiful and interesting, seems just a little "off", not as solid as TS. I do recommend trying both of them. Some people will prefer one over the other obviously.

Thanks...think I'll take your advice.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Jul 13, 09 6:16 PM
Well... I have really mixed feelings about Kuros. Clearly it has exceptional graphics and an interesting story, nice music. I kind of expected from all that being so well crafted there would just be... more... to the game.

The mini-game type puzzles are, for the most part, really easy for me and absolutely nothing new for the majority of them. The 2 pipe flow and 1 gear puzzle were ridiculously easy. The roll the ball into the hole was a little more challenging, but not much. I only got stuck on one of the bounce the laser off mirrors puzzles (there are 6, groan). There are also a few "quick click" games, but they were as easy as the rest so I was able to complete them since they were pretty forgiving, as were the draw the glyph moments. That has taken serious dexterity in other games but not in this.

The one thing I *did* like in the mini-games was the puzzle for repairing the glyph stones which is a logic sequence puzzle utilizing a series of glyphs in a grid that you must complete. This is a style of game I have only seen used a couple times and wish I saw it more often.

The inventory puzzles I enjoyed more. I like hunting between multiple scenes and with little explanation there was a pretty good level of challenge. Felt nicely reminiscent if a true Adventure Game without all the walking around.

Relatively short duration, but I expected this given the style of the game. I probably got about 3.5 hours out of it. There are hints that you find in the environment, but they are very few so use wisely. There is also a skip puzzle. Not sure if this is one you find multiples of as I just used one (on the laser). The sound synced up beautifully with text dialog *but* I really disliked the main characters voice and some of the dialog was a bit inane. Why did the robot guy have a Scottish accent...?

So my bottom line is sure, it was worth $7. Production levels were super high (I had absolutely no technical issues tho I see some folks have) and this was just shy of being amazing, but shy it was. In the end I felt it was a pretty run of the mill, tho completely sound, IHOG, dressed up in a fabulous costume. IMO Department 42 was a far superior game and I probably would have liked this more had I not just played that. Can't give it full approval but can give it:

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Jul 13, 09 6:22 PM
bribling wrote:

Agreed, though I think I'd recommend Department 42 - The Mystery of the Nine over Treasure Seekers, or at least on par with it. ...and I mean Treasure Seekers: The Enchanted Canvases. Treasure Seekers: Visions of Gold (the first one) was good to but not as polished and more hidden object less puzzle, and I prefer puzzles.

missy12
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,263 Posts

[Post New]by missy12 on Jul 13, 09 10:46 PM
I really loved this game,very good pics,sound was clear.puzzles great.All and all very good game.

[Post New]by pattysack on Jul 14, 09 6:58 AM
It looks like a good game but I can't get past drawing the glyphs with the wand. The tutorial with the example just keeps going over and over and won't go away so I can do it. The game freezes and I have to shut it down. Lost a lot of the trial trying to make it work.

lindataf
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by lindataf on Jul 14, 09 8:44 AM
BEAUTIFUL!!! This is an absolutely beautiful game with great voice overs...I hope the sequel (because there will obviously be one) will be a whole lot longer, but this one has very interesting characters and gorgeous graphics...thank you Sandlot and BFG!!!!

PuppyDogMom1
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by PuppyDogMom1 on Jul 14, 09 9:30 AM
Poodlebear wrote:
bribling wrote:

Agreed, though I think I'd recommend Department 42 - The Mystery of the Nine over Treasure Seekers, or at least on par with it. ...and I mean Treasure Seekers: The Enchanted Canvases. Treasure Seekers: Visions of Gold (the first one) was good to but not as polished and more hidden object less puzzle, and I prefer puzzles.

I tried the trial version of Department 42 but couldn't get through even that. I have a phobia with snakes and it really affects my ability to enjoy many of the hidden object games. I really don't understand why they have to do that. I did like it as far as I got. I'm now working on the 1st Treasure Seekers and am finding it enjoyable.

cry5tal
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by cry5tal on Jul 14, 09 11:12 AM
I really liked this game. Graphics were good and the storyline was nice. I just think that it was a little short but Sandlot did not disappoint with this game!

Go to: