Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Smoothie Standoff: Callie's Creations here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jul 7, 15 12:39 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 07/07/2015 at 5:47:22 AM PST

Janette5
Clownfish
Clownfish
518 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Smoothie Standoff: Callie's Creations here.

[Post New]by Janette5 on Jul 7, 15 5:13 AM
This is based on the demo - about 50 minutes of it.

Game Play
You are running a smoothie stand. Your job is to select the 2 fruits from a list of fruit. Once you've done this then the guys behind the counter start making it. When it is ready you pick it up and deliver it - also include 1 of 2 extras if the customer ordered it. Once the customer is done you pick up the glass and return it to be washed as well as click on the tip. Because this is quite slow they've added in bonus items that pop up and fly around that you have to click on to get the bonus tip or score.
There were two upgrades which were entertainers that would increase the tip.

Skill
The only skill was to select the correct 2 fruits - in any order. It was easy to get confused if you were in a hurry, but if you weren't in a hurry then this was not that challenging. I was only in a hurry because I wanted to see if the game changed during the demo hour. It did not.

Technical Issues & Graphics
The options don't seem to automatically apply when you exit / enter a game. So even though I turned the music off it was playing again when I opened the game again. Just clicking options sorted it out - it had saved my preference, but it was only applying it when I clicked on options. The graphics when played in window mode was crisp and looked good. The graphics when played full screen was quite distorted. Full screen was opening a square window in my 1920 x 1080 monitor. The widescreen option did the same thing and if anything distorted the graphics more. There seemed to be 2 menu buttons at the bottom of my screen that was just off-screen. I couldn't make them appear.

Overall Impression
I thought this game had a nice idea but I became bored very quickly with the same motions. What I suspect is going to happen as the game progresses is that it is going to become a click-fest to make sure you serve everyone before they leave. This is where the game suffers, because it would be a fun relaxed game for those that like that type of game - but then it requires fast clicking thereby excluding that very market. I did not like that the day ends while you are still serving a customer - it did not allow you to finish serving that customer.

I would recommend you try it for yourself, see if it challenges you or not (and keep in mind I might be wrong about the game's progression).

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Jul 7, 15 5:46 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Smoothie Standoff: Callie's Creations here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, as do the developers as well as your fellow gamers. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Smoothie Standoff: Callie's Creations.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM any one of our Moderators.

bfgWaimea

gamblebug
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by gamblebug on Jul 7, 15 6:03 AM
I agree this game is on the boring side,although not my usual type game ,gave it a try anyway.This is 2 games in a row that are on the boring side .I'm really looking to see better games come out on coupon day (Monday)Hopeing for something good Wednesday.

MagicMark
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by MagicMark on Jul 7, 15 9:25 AM
Graphics look old, with washed-out colors and no wide-screen. The game play is tedious and repetitious. You must be very precise where you click or be doomed to restart the level. Each of the 10 worlds are exactly the same except for the background. Changing the screen size to a Window in the options will always revert back to Full Screen every time you restart the game. Where the Delicious series is everything a TM game should be. This one unfortunately is everything a TM game should not be.

Edited on 07/07/2015 at 9:37:46 AM PST

mkastor
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by mkastor on Jul 7, 15 9:36 AM
The wheel to choose ingredients is hard to maneuver and as a result, you cannot keep people happy. It looks like an old game brought back. I couldn't even get past the first level because the wheel was so difficult. Also, the graphics are poorly done so it's hard to figure out what the fruits are. They all look like melted crayons!

No buy here!

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Jul 14, 15 10:08 PM
SHAME ON YOU, BIG FISH. Continue the game a day bomb of an idea & this is the sort of quality we end up with. I cant stress enough just how badly they need to end that business model. Any child knows that quantity over quality will usually fail!!

This game is a disgrace & the fact that it was even considered for 5 seconds to be distributed here shows me that I was correct when I began thinking that all standards for this site had dropped this year.

I am actually kind of aghast! I didn't know a game could be this . . . poor. What did I just DO?!?

There ARE decent games out there. Why are they not arriving at this site? Thats what I want to know.

Edited on 07/14/2015 at 10:22:46 PM PST

georgiarealist
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by georgiarealist on Jul 18, 15 11:22 PM
As others have said, this game is repetitious and not particularly challenging - which is not entirely bad. (I'm one of those who can't stand the Emily series and ones like it.) As Janette5 has said, it's annoying that the levels end in the midst of serving customers. I prefer the games that have natural endings to the levels. This is one I only bought because I had a number of game coupons I needed to use.

time4t
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by time4t on Jul 19, 15 1:45 PM
This is a terrible game. Bad Graphics, touchy where to put mouse to click, and smoothie makers extremely slow. So slow that you barely get the smoothies out in time. Also, when I exited the game and then uninstalled. I get the message the game is still running and can't install. It doesn't interfere with other games when I play. Lots of glitches. I'm glad I tried before buying as this a very big NO.

[Post New]by Sootywillow on Sep 16, 15 5:52 AM
There are so few TM days that I tried this even though from the beginning the graphics looked poor. I kept waiting for more elements to be added but throughout the whole demo, the game has remained the same - easy and very boring. Where are the upgrades you can buy to make things work better? The second level is the same as the first - dull and uninspiring.

Go to: