bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

Youda Sushi Chef comments and reviews

[Post New]by bfgErie on Jul 14, 09 12:13 AM
Here is what our reviewer thought of Youda Sushi Chef. We're sure you have comments you would like to share with the community. Post your own thoughts about the game in this thread and join the conversation!

Comments:
Youda Sushi Chef is so realistic you’ll be craving all of the tasty sushi that goes by on the conveyor belt. With authentic recipes and ingredients you’ll learn a lot about this traditional Japanese dish. Colorful 3D restaurant scenes, great background music to set the mood, and fun original characters are also on the menu. The newest game from well known developer Youda is a great for all skill levels. Players who are new to the genre will appreciate the easy to use face-to-face format and detailed recipe book with pictures to match to customer orders. Seasoned players, on the other hand, will appreciate the detailed recipes and the extra customizability options, such as getting to name your own restaurants. Sharpen your knives and your memory skills and you’ll get the hang of being a Youda Sushi Chef in no time.

Genre:
This game is 100% Time Management.

Game Modes:
Youda Sushi Chef is only available in standard timed mode. Play in up to 7 different languages! Sorry, but there’s no untimed mode this time around.

Depth:
Open 6 restaurant locations with 7 levels each for hours of fast paced game play.

Similar to:
Youda Marina and Youda Farmer are both from the same developer with a very similar style, but there is also an educational element like Cooking Academy 2: World Cuisine.

Difficulty level:
If set to normal, this game is medium in difficulty. Plenty of tools are built in to help novice players keep up, but the difficult also increases with each level to give players who are familiar with the genre a test of their time management skills.

Review by M.J.B.

Edited on 07/14/2009 at 9:30:30 PM PST

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

Re:TGT - Youda Sushi Chef comments and reviews

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Jul 14, 09 12:16 AM
Seems this is up before the game. Now that's pro-active!

Not my type of game, I won't be demo-ing, but have fun you TM fishies.

Fransje66
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,217 Posts

[Post New]by Fransje66 on Jul 14, 09 1:20 AM
IMO the Youda serie games are nice.
Downloading Youda Sushi Chef now - it does take a long............ time.
But as a TM-lover, my expectations are high.
l will post again after l tried the demo.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Jul 14, 09 1:48 AM
This TM game has 2 levels of play- easy and normal - I played easy level.
You run a restaurant- make and serve sushi is the basis of the game play.

You start off with 2 recipes and have to look up a recipe book for the ingredients. A new recipe added each level. Good memory skills are required as it is cumbersome and takes time to look up the recipe. At first I was totally confused but after replaying the levels I found I was remembering the recipe but when under pressure with quite a few customers got a bit mixed up. You also had to remember which customers you had served already.
It got easier as you got used to the play and recipes.

You also had to order new indgredients by phone and could only order 10 at a time of 1 ingredient which you used quickly so this was a constant chore inbetween serving the customers.

The graphics were good, I played with music off.

From what I played that was all there was to the game- making the different sushi recipes, serving them and ordering more indgredients and buying upgrades with the money you earned after each level.

I would give it

Edited on 07/14/2009 at 5:45:13 AM PST

Fransje66
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,217 Posts

[Post New]by Fransje66 on Jul 14, 09 2:32 AM
Too complicated for a start. Boo.........!
l will try the easy mode next.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Jul 14, 09 3:02 AM
You are braver than me starting with the hardest mode first Fransje. I always start easiest with TM games - chicken me!

I just found there is a walkthrough at gamezebo which lists all the recipes and ingredients. I think printing those out and having them in front of you whilst playing the game (if anyone has trouble remembering all of them) would be a big help.
I am not buying this game but not discounting it for future.

Fransje66
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,217 Posts

[Post New]by Fransje66 on Jul 14, 09 3:14 AM
Thanks for your reaction, Govegirl.

But: if a 'book' is needed besides the pc to play a game, l'm out.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Jul 14, 09 3:25 AM
Fransje66 wrote:Thanks for your reaction, Govegirl.

But: if a 'book' is needed besides the pc to play a game, l'm out.

Yep- I am like that too with games- if I have to use hints all the time and constantly refer to a walkthrough there is not much fun to be had there.

Edited on 07/14/2009 at 5:10:03 AM PST

queets
Manatee
Manatee
3,701 Posts

[Post New]by queets on Jul 14, 09 4:30 AM
Sorry I am with Poodlebear here but I am sure those fishes that love TM will post have fun

bronte311
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by bronte311 on Jul 14, 09 7:12 AM
I normally like TM games but this one was a bit too complicated too early on--I can only imagine what the later stages are like!

prchalpn
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,132 Posts

[Post New]by prchalpn on Jul 14, 09 7:16 AM
I like some TM games. I demo'd this one and didn't care much for it. Quit after 15 minutes. But for those who luv them, happy gaming.

1_of_5
Marlin
Marlin
8,238 Posts

[Post New]by 1_of_5 on Jul 14, 09 7:52 AM
I tried it as a beta but for some reason I could never get the sushi to serve. I'll pass.

missy12
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,263 Posts

[Post New]by missy12 on Jul 14, 09 9:26 AM
not my kind of game either,but for those that like TM games have fun . have a good day.

Cptduzer
Flounder
Flounder
2,474 Posts

[Post New]by Cptduzer on Jul 14, 09 10:56 AM
well, I will give this a shot since a lot of posters aren't trying the game.
I did beta this a while ago - and it remembered me, but gave me another full demo time. I like that
I started over with a new name for reviewing purposes. I played in windowed mode, and chose the normal, not easy level.
After a few minutes I also changed to a lower graphic hoping that would help with my rice clicking problem. It didn't

For some reason when I clicked the rice it didn't always appear - I have had this happen before in some TM games and I find it very difficult. If you are doing a TM you need a lot of sensitivity in the clicking dept. Anyway, that led to a lot of poo if I wasn't paying attention. If I was paying attention, the back arrow to remove stuff from the mat came in very very handy.
I liked this game better than the other Youda's - I think become it is truly a TM - the upgrades are nice.
I didn't like the amount of time it took for the food to reach the customers. I would rather click the food to the customer. For me, this slowed the game down in a way that was not enjoyable -
All in all, although I like TM's, I didn't even finish out the demo time. Although it is closer to what I would buy, than all the other youdas.

cpt
namaste

[Post New]by SimpleAbundance on Jul 14, 09 3:25 PM
I played this game over on the Youda site yesterday. I think the biggest indicator of whether or not a person will like this game (assuming you're actually a fan of TM) is whether or not you have a good memory. I enjoy memorizing things, and am fairly good at doing so, but by the end of the first restaurant I was finding myself having to keep looking up certain ones so I wouldn't get the little poo-monsters! I am book-nerdy enough that I would consider doing a 10-minute study of the recipe list that is available online before I start the game in later levels.

I have been holding onto a credit for quite some time and if I don't find the game I want soon enough, I may use it on this game because I LOVE sushi , I enjoy memorizing, and I'm just ready to add a new TM to my list. I'm mostly curious what the new restaurants will bring to the table, since I only played through the first one. Maybe since I already played it once elsewhere, I can speed through the demo and get on to restaurant #2 before my hour is up.

I would like to add, this beats out the other Youda games for me. I was running for a puke bucket with Youda Farmer and all the trucking back and forth, blech.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Jul 14, 09 4:05 PM
SA
From what I have read at other sites from people who have played the game further, the new restaurants are the same- the target score just increases.

ecblisa
Stingray
Stingray
5,078 Posts

[Post New]by ecblisa on Jul 14, 09 8:40 PM
I'm glad some of you are enjoying this game. I could try it, but I already know the outcome for me: I hate time management games, and if there is a memory element, I will lose my normally good memory the moment that timer clicks away. Too bad -- I really like sushi! I'm mainly posting to say how much I enjoy having our old "TGT" advance rating threads back again, especially one started by a moderator! Way to go, !

Cptduzer
Flounder
Flounder
2,474 Posts

[Post New]by Cptduzer on Jul 14, 09 8:55 PM
i think my favorite phrase was the gamer who called the sushi mistake 'one-eyed poo'
lol.
I thought it looked like the blobby thing in star wars - what was his name?

bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

[Post New]by bfgErie on Jul 14, 09 9:31 PM
Since we're approaching the end of the day, I thought I'd move this discussion thread over to the official Youda Sushi Chef forum. Please feel free to continue the conversation!

Pea511
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

Re:Youda Sushi Chef comments and reviews

[Post New]by Pea511 on Jul 15, 09 12:32 AM
Just played the demo and I really enjoyed it - though it does rely on a good memory. I got to the 3rd restaurant, and there is no real new ideas to the first 2 levels, so disappointing.

I wouldn't use a credit to buy it - but if it was free I would continue and finish the game.

Go to: