Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Fantasy Mosaics 9: Portal in the Woods here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jul 8, 15 1:27 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 07/08/2015 at 6:02:03 AM PST

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Fantasy Mosaics 9: Portal in the Woods here.

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Jul 8, 15 6:03 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Fantasy Mosaics 9: Portal in the Woods here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, as do the developers as well as your fellow gamers. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Fantasy Mosaics 9: Portal in the Woods.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM any one of our Moderators.

bfgWaimea

roxycavalier
Stingray
Stingray
5,621 Posts

[Post New]by roxycavalier on Jul 8, 15 11:00 PM
Another great game in a great series! If you like this type, buy it, you won't be sorry! Perfect game to use a credit on!

Valkara
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Valkara on Jul 12, 15 4:21 PM
Enjoyable, as always. However:

Again, the music could be better. I'm not a fan of piano music generally, and for some reason the music in this game reminds me of the music used in the movie "Contact" and the new "Cosmos" series.

Most of the puzzles were easy to solve, and I only had to restart a few times. They were the right balance for me as far as being challenging but not too difficult.

The backgrounds to the puzzles are gorgeous - what little we get to see of them. It would be great if these could be put in a separate section so we could enjoy them just for the beautiful artwork.

dbendr
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by dbendr on Aug 2, 15 4:11 PM
I enjoyed this game enough to play it to completion, but the details show signs of haste. Partway through, a power up was suggested, but I oouldn't see any way to access it. I was able to solve all the puzzles in expert mode without it. The graphics that appear in the garden at the end of sections were individually nice looking, but so different in artistic style that they didn't look right together. It's obvious that they were all reused from different games. I was disappointed at not meeting the penguins again at the very end. Despite the lack of a story line, which is fine with me, I was surprisingly attached to them.

I agree with the previous reviewer that it would be nice to have a chance for a good look at all the background artwork, which we only get brief glimpses of before it's covered over with puzzles.

I just ordered #8 in the series and will be interested in finding out if these fit and finish issues are taken care of better in the previous game.

[Post New]by ab1645 on Aug 9, 15 3:07 PM
This is the first one of these that I have purchased. Greatly disappointed when it said that I had opened a portal, but I didn't know where to go from there. Are there only 100? If so, I'm not sure that it is worth the money.

Go to: