mysteryne1
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

Freezing Up after re-install

[Post New]by mysteryne1 on Aug 29, 08 7:21 AM
I see that others have had the same problem I am having. Screen freezes once I go to cement works. I do not see any answer on how to resolve this. Is there a fix?? I was so anxious to play in untimed mode and now I can't play at all! Help!!!!!!!!

alexjoe
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

Re:Freezing Up after re-install

[Post New]by alexjoe on Aug 29, 08 10:50 AM
It seems that a lot of us are in the same boat I have had to switch my m/c off to get out of it and now it refuses to download properly

forensicMD
Clownfish
Clownfish
529 Posts

[Post New]by forensicMD on Dec 5, 08 10:58 AM
I am in the process of re-downloading. First download failed; the second froze at the cement works twice. I uninstalled it and am re-installing it. Did anyone else ever get help and get beyond this point?

[Post New]by Charlene1949 on Dec 9, 08 2:17 PM
Just installed it and I have a new computer loads of room and it freezes at first scene too.

minxs
Clownfish
Clownfish
615 Posts

[Post New]by minxs on Dec 10, 08 7:20 PM
I am doing the trial -- it worked fine for the first half hour,but when I went back to play some more, sure enougn it locked up in the cement works, first room.

Argh. Patch one thing, create another problem. My husband would sympathize since he's a programmer.

micah123
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by micah123 on Dec 22, 08 10:39 PM
I am stuck in cement room too. reinstalled several times. freezes every time. sorry to hear others are having a hard time but glad I am not loosing my mind trying to get it to work.

micah123
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by micah123 on Dec 27, 08 3:56 PM
micah123 wrote:I am stuck in cement room too. reinstalled several times. freezes every time. sorry to hear others are having a hard time but glad I am not loosing my mind trying to get it to work.

micah123
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by micah123 on Dec 27, 08 4:15 PM
micah123 wrote:I am stuck in cement room too. reinstalled several times. freezes every time. sorry to hear others are having a hard time but glad I am not loosing my mind trying to get it to work.

Now it does not show up on my game manager!!! keep getting message to be suremy connection is fine...i can still play other games....then message says we may be having technical difficulties - try agin in a few minutes. (251)
this has been going on for days even wit tech support Nicholas helping.
i cannot download purchases of 12/20..woe is me. :-)

[Post New]by cleffnote on Dec 28, 08 11:43 AM
I've uninstalled, reinstalled, uninstalled, reinstalled and finally uninstalled and reinstalled and still can't get stuck and have to use my windows task manager to get out of the game. Come back from your holiday so that I can have fun during mine. Please.

micah123 wrote:

[Post New]by cnarad on Feb 4, 09 12:35 PM
Has anyone gotten a response? I set an email to Big Fish but the return email stated it would be at least 5 days before I would get a response. I have done the same as others - uninstall and reinstall. Cement works freezes - never got to even try to find anything.

glb613
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by glb613 on Feb 23, 09 5:06 AM
Has anyone found a solution to the freezing problem? I have written an e-mail to customer support but haven't received a reply. I would like either a refund or credit for a new game if this one can't be fixed.

lineck
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,140 Posts

[Post New]by lineck on Mar 16, 09 6:01 AM
I have had problem at the end of Level 4 have reinstalled three times and changed mod now it freezes on the first screen I can see other have had the same problem and I cannot see if the have fixed it, I have also contacted support who are normally great but no luck so far I do not want a credit I want to PLAY the game

Oh Oh

lineck

[Post New]by rsmunroe on Jun 16, 09 1:09 PM
Any solutions yet?

[Post New]by fildil on Aug 12, 09 11:33 AM
I did find the solution to the problem from someone else on this forum but not under "freezing up after re-install". The answer is, the game is not frozen, for some reason when you get to the Cement Works, you have to click on something that's underneath the cursor on the screen. It's very dark down there, but keep clicking and you'll find something that you need and from then on the game runs smoothly. It seems that this problem only occurs when the game is reinstalled.

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Aug 1, 10 4:00 PM
This happened to me several years gao when I first purchased the game and there was no solution, per the BF folks. It doesn't seem to happen for everyone. I just tried it again and after all this time it still freezes in the first scene with the carpet. Apparently even the developers can't solve this one. Too bad. Looks like a good game.

[Post New]by arneyin on Aug 1, 10 4:34 PM
someone else has already offered this clue. In the cement room, click around the arrow pointer. The first clue is under or around this arrow. Just keep clicking until it works.

Go to: