Lost a hammer...

[Post New]by SimpleAbundance on Jul 14, 09 3:58 PM
When I got to the area where *mini-spoiler alert!* you have to collect the hammers to break the rocks so you can walk over the lava, I did that part then was collecting hammers to bust the rocks to find the objects to open the doors...and one of my hammers basically disappeared when I clicked on it, like it fell into the lava or something! So now I can't get through the doors 'cause I can't break the last rock

Edited on 07/14/2009 at 3:58:58 PM PST

madmardi
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

Re:Lost a hammer...

[Post New]by madmardi on Jul 15, 09 5:37 AM
I've lost one too. I find it very annoying that I can't pause this game to get into the forum - I have to exit completely. It's also annoying that I can't go back and retry - like if I could start again from the beginning of this level, I'll know to be careful about the hammers. The voiceover is awful

TaxiMommi
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by TaxiMommi on Jul 15, 09 12:05 PM
I am having the same problem. I did restart the game three times, under different user names to get back to that screen and do it over again, but each time that one darn hammer disappears and you can't get the last bit of rock off to find the hidden object. I too am stuck and very frustrated. Anyone have any answers?
Thanks,
Mary

Edited on 07/15/2009 at 12:06:38 PM PST

[Post New]by venusshines2000 on Jul 15, 09 5:03 PM
Hi all you beautiful pond folks,

I too have lost a hammer . While I love, love, love this game..I had considered starting over under a different name, but I see that someone has tried that, and it didnt work. I hate that I have no way to continue since there is no replay level option available..that would be sweet..When I logged on today and tried to start playing I got an access error violation message..I dont know if that had anything to do with this probelm or not. I'll try and contact the great folks at bfg and see what they suggest. In the meantime, if anyone else knows the solution to this problem, I would greatly appreciate you sharing the solution with those of us that are "hammer challenged"..lol..everyone have a great day!! HAMMER TIME!!!!

[Post New]by venusshines2000 on Jul 15, 09 6:57 PM
Hi again all...I solved the Hammer problem. I actually uninstalled and reinstalled the game and started over when I didnt need to..the only difference this time was that I had a lens when I was doing hammer time. I once again, ran into the same problem..so in desperation I clicked on the lens to find hidden objects and viola'..there was the other hammer..on the right of the screen at the base of the door. I was estactic..I had to come back and tell the others that were stuck in hammer time my good news. I hope this works for you and happy gaming

fredtom
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by fredtom on Jul 16, 09 3:08 PM
I am also having trouble with the hammers. I had three, broke the rocks and went to pick up the fourth to no avail. I am just stuck. I can't even pick up the maps. Venusshines sloved her problem by uninstalling and installing. I did that but when I opened the game I am right back where I left off. Also, what is the lens and how do you get it? Any help would be appreciated.

[Post New]by venusshines2000 on Jul 17, 09 1:01 PM
Hi Fredtom I did not solve the problem by unistalling and reinstalling..I stated that I did not need to do that..as you said..it only takes you right back to where you were. The lenses can be found around the different areas..like the wood area..go to the glyph and look around..you'll see it. It will reveal hidden objects. The hammer that you are looking for will be on the right of the door at the very bottom of the door.. click on the frame of the door at the bottom. I hope this helps you, I know how frustrating it is when you get stalled in a game you are enjoying. Good Luck and happy gaming!!

kiminee
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by kiminee on Sep 25, 09 6:50 PM
Thank you SOOO much - this was exactly where I was stuck! Never been stuck after viewing the walkthrough before!

Thanks again!

venusshines2000 wrote:..so in desperation I clicked on the lens to find hidden objects and viola'..there was the other hammer..on the right of the screen at the base of the door. I was estactic..I had to come back and tell the others that were stuck in hammer time my good news. I hope this works for you and happy gaming

Burglar
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by Burglar on Oct 12, 09 10:39 PM
I took Venusshines advice and started the game over. I saved the lens for the hammer search but I ran into the same problem. I still have one rock to break and no hammers left. I've had to give up on at least 3 BF games now and am getting really frustrated that there are not hints or help on this one. Anybody have any more solutions to the hammer problem? Thanks!!!

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Oct 13, 09 8:29 AM
Try the pool of yellow lava.

Burglar
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by Burglar on Oct 20, 09 9:07 PM
Thanks for the advice, Mr Russ. I tried the yellow pool of lava and still nothing. I guess I'm just going to have to give up on this one, unless there's some more advice out there.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Oct 21, 09 1:51 AM
Have a look in the blog (picture) walkthrough on this forum then. The hammers are ringed.

Go to: