bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Wanderland here!

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Jul 10, 15 11:25 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Wanderland here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, as do the developers as well as your fellow gamers. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Wanderland.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM any one of our Moderators.

bfgWaimea

amybeth714
Herring
Herring
368 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Wanderland here!

[Post New]by amybeth714 on Jul 10, 15 12:32 PM
Wanderland is a game that has tremendous potential but too many glitches and roadblocks. Since the last update the game stutters/stalls a lot. You have to wait until the game restarts to move at all. The friend gifting was added with the last update but only with limited objects. (Please add the magic wand) The drop rate is such that you often have to search a scene 10 or 20 times before you receive one of the item you need 12 of. The achievements are utterly ridiculous. Some require you to do something 20,000 times to receive a couple of rubies. Rubies are precious and expensive (real money). These are but some of the problems.
Beware of the places that give you energy, coins, or items (ie the well, idol, and shelter). When you purchase them, it is only temporary- you will have to pay more to upgrade them when they run out.
Overall I would rate it not so good at this point.

HoosierAmy
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,227 Posts

[Post New]by HoosierAmy on Jul 10, 15 2:57 PM
Well, well, well…a new thread for reviews, where shall I begin? Let’s start with the positive:

Beautiful Graphics
Interesting Characters
Good Story line
Friend/Gifting option

Now for the negative:

Game play stutters and pauses every 30 seconds.
Drop rate for items in HOS and Characters~ Horrible
Costs energy to move between the HOS and other places.
Waiting time for the HOS to reload~ Ridiculous
After you have ALREADY paid to upgrade the places that give you “Extras” ie: well, idol & shelter. You only can visit them around 6 times to collect, until the game wants you to pay AGAIN
Friends gift list is very limited game offers 2 for free. And they want you to PAY for extra slots (up to 4)
Achievements~ Laughable

I love supporting a game with in game purchases, within reason, but this game is an exercise in extortion. Except for the wonderful forum fishies I’ve meet, I wish I would never started this game. Save yourself and keep your money in your pocket, these developers and BFG won’t be changing their tune anytime soon. It was just proven with the latest update

I give this game 1

[Post New]by sthrightwhale on Jul 11, 15 9:56 PM
to any potential players of Wanderland, please take care!!!
Yes this is a game with great potential, the graphics are stunning although I found the story line staggered with so many quest going at the same time. Another downfall is the quests are almost all sleeping.
Everything costs money - lots of real money, which doesn't go far at all. The items are ALL way overpriced, and the areas that do offer some sort of reward last too short of a time (5 or 6 uses only) before real money is required to use it further,
Items you require to finish collections are impossible to get, and the drop rate of items from the "monsters" and hidden objects scenes ridiculously insufficient.
Since the late update a stutter has occurred rendering the game unplayable.
The time lapse has grown daily and now just entering the game can take anywhere up to 10 minutes.
If I hadn't invested so much money I would be long gone

margboul
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by margboul on Jul 15, 15 5:42 PM
This game is a "work in progress" and needs a lot of fine tuning otherwise it will "stutter" out!

findus02
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by findus02 on Jul 16, 15 6:16 AM
I have taken this game out of my PC. I have got to the stage where it is impossible to get any further without large amounts of money.

I can't imagine how much it would cost to finish, if that is actually possible.

A total rip-off. Don't be sucked in!

Grammajo99
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Grammajo99 on Jul 16, 15 10:22 AM
The extremely short time allowed to complete a HOS is making the game virtually unplayable. Also, one should have the option to upgrade a site, and not lose the site if the upgrade is not done (usually for a lack of enough diamonds). We should be able to use the sites at the upgrades for which we have already paid. Most gamers are not going to continually pay for gems just to upgrade a site briefly.

piemomnj
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by piemomnj on Jul 17, 15 6:38 AM
I honestly think the developers took everyone's complaints and made the game worse! Drop rate still terrible, quests are not achievable because they are never available- all hidden! When do we get to do those quests in other areas? The achievements went from somewhat attainable to ridiculous! The prices went up for buying things from the shop, both gold and rubies, hints like quadrupled in price! Unbelievable, so disappointed! I thought this update would make it better to play, but it is so much worse!!!!

Edited on 07/17/2015 at 6:46:45 AM PST

[Post New]by GreySky on Jul 18, 15 10:35 PM
When I first started this game, I thought it was kind of cool.
But free to play should be doable without putting real cash into it, slower perhaps but still doable.
This game is anything but free to play. Everything you do in the game cost extra rubies or gold that you should be able to generate within the game but the game is not designed to do anything but cost you real money. I have spent a lot of real money buying games from Big Fish and occasionally I like to play the free games which I notice are no longer free. What a shame. Game is totally unplayable without real money invested. They had a good idea then got greedy. Uninstalling all the so called free games.

piemomnj
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by piemomnj on Aug 1, 15 9:33 AM
I would love to know if any of our comments actually reach anyone involved with the game. It seems like there are never any responses to any posts. The Big Fish site shows Wanderland as a top download, but how many players actually reach a level higher than say 20, before they delete it? I have played over 2400 energy in a 3 day period and probably got 3 to 4 items needed to play the temple, cave or windmill!! Game gives items you can never use because the collections need items you can never get. What is up with that? I am level 45 and I have paid some money to the game, but no more. I am getting nothing back for my investment!

Is anyone out there?????

Edited on 08/01/2015 at 9:36:50 AM PST

Do not get involved with BFG or this game!

[Post New]by kjwill on Aug 6, 15 2:39 PM
If you don't mind your hard earned money being taken and never returned... then this is the game for you!

Many, many complaints. I won't bore you with them yet again, but save your money and spend it on a game that wants your business!

MaggieCR
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by MaggieCR on Aug 8, 15 8:40 AM
I like this game, but it is not free to play. I am at the point that most of the quests are sleeping and I can't get the objects I need to get any further because I refuse to spend real money.

Re:Wanderland Big Fish Moneymaker

[Post New]by HobbyIntellect on Aug 8, 15 9:55 AM
I love games like this but they cost too much USD money to play. You have to find the things you need or battle for them and when you search for them or win the fight you get other rewards that you don't want or need. The quests are impossible to complete and most of them are "sleeping".

The items you need to activate collections are needed in most collections so if you get extremely lucky and find an activator, save it for a collection that has not yet been activated.

Do not spend money for more crystals to buy the things needed. It doesn't help. Just play the HOS or battle the demons if you want to continue to play. Sooner or later, the game will cough up the item needed to finish a quest, unlock a new portal or (hopefully) activate a collection.

Moneymakers have a way of sucking you dry and you still won't have what you need.

Myfishydog
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by Myfishydog on Aug 29, 15 9:40 AM
NOT free to play! I have decided to stop because I am at a point where I am going into the same three or four HOS each time and never completing anything anymore.
I refuse to pay for a rip-off. I started playing it while recuperating from surgery. It
got old fast.

Everdew
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Everdew on Sep 14, 15 10:21 AM
definitely not free... wish upgrades were an option.. not just you use a few times and have to pay to upgrade or not get at all.... I seem to be stuck.. 2 level and no items to open portals.

[Post New]by squidferbrains on Sep 21, 15 5:43 AM
My review for this game is a big fat juicy NEGATIVE> I would give it a minus rating. Free to play should mean exactly that but you need lots of real money just to purchase Half of what you need to acheive anything. I only got to level 13 before getting completely stuck and needing to purchase something to continue.

Everdew
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Everdew on Sep 24, 15 7:16 PM
Well the game isn't working for me.. and I only recommend if you really want to get frustrated

ancie12
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by ancie12 on Oct 11, 15 2:41 AM
Overall very negative. As said before beautiful graphics etc, but the drop rate for required items is abysmal, which makes it exceedingly boring as you play a limited number of scenes over and over with no opportunity to move forward. In addition, I have been trying to get a quest item - the only quest I have - which is the brass ingot for Velda, and I am pointed to the Sage's Library. There is no indication that a curse is needed for this to show, nevertheless I have not seen the item appear as available since the update! So it would seem that no matter how long you play there are problems with this game that block you entirely.
Definitely not a game to play.

Edited on 10/11/2015 at 2:47:21 AM PST

JhnJcb
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by JhnJcb on Oct 12, 15 7:42 AM
I have to agree with several of the other reviewers here that the game has a lot of potential but has some serious flaws that make it very frustrating. Right now, I'd lean towards 85% negative long term, 30% negative short term. This after a week of play.

The first flaw is the sheer randomness of the rewards. We're already limited on the number of actions we can perform in a session so to make the reward drops so totally random makes people want to pull out their hair. If I commit to spending energy (and/or items) on something, I want to KNOW I'm going to get what I need.

There's two different ways the devs could do this - either code it so at least two items the particular questor needs will automatically drop (in addition to random rewards, depending on how well the person performs) OR when the potential rewards are shown before entering, allow the questor to checkbox up to three priority items which then become the primary rewards based upon their performance.

The second major flaw is how much is costs to play the game. I understand the game producers want to make money but the cost of purchasing the things needed to play the game with any sense of enjoyment (after the first few levels) is simply outrageous.

At this point my enjoyment of the game is such I'll continue to play but I doubt I'll go much further with it just because I cannot afford to buy the coins and rubies needed to get things I am unable to get in the reward drops. I've currently got 7 collections completed that I can't activate because I'm missing half of the activation items which I cannot buy and can't seem to get as drops after 10+ chances per HOS trying.

Oh - and it would be nice if it was possible to play the same instance of the game on multiple computers so I could sign in and play while on my breaks at work as well as at home, for example.

I also suggest revamping the forced tutorial that pretty much makes up the entire first level as it can potentially turn people off of the game when they have absolutely no choice in where to click or what to do for the first 5 or so minutes of the game. Let them choose their name and avatar and look around the area, maybe check out the shop and collections, etc for a bit before then choosing to start the tutorial. It will draw them in more.

Oh, and speed up energy recovery by 2x PLEASE!

Edited on 10/12/2015 at 7:43:50 AM PST

Greediest Game Ever

[Post New]by quietly10 on Oct 16, 15 2:45 PM
It has the potential to be a fun and long played game, however the frustrations of not being able to complete achievements and the length of time and money it costs to level up are ridiculous.

When will people realise the way to making money is not through greed. Thank goodness for karma

Go to: