bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Many Years Ago forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jul 16, 09 1:26 AM
Welcome to Many Years Ago forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Many Years Ago players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

zorroback2
Herring
Herring
302 Posts

Re:Welcome to Many Years Ago forum

[Post New]by zorroback2 on Jul 16, 09 1:32 AM
"MANY YEARS AGO" - It`s from the same game developer like games : "Steve the Sheriff" and "Hidden Wonders of the Depths"!!!!!!!!

Dara6028
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Dara6028 on Jul 16, 09 7:03 AM
My new task is to get fish, but the fishing pole (or whatever I am supposed to use) has not appeared yet.

What should I be looking for, where is it, and when should I expect it to appear?

Thanks!

[Post New]by Laurab1941 on Jul 16, 09 7:07 AM
I'm having trouble finding the ax so I can cut wood?

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Jul 16, 09 11:11 AM
Dara6028 wrote:My new task is to get fish, but the fishing pole (or whatever I am supposed to use) has not appeared yet.

What should I be looking for, where is it, and when should I expect it to appear?

Thanks!

It looks like a spear and I found it propped up on the food storage area, as it is standing upright you can only really see the top of it.

by Laurab1941 on July 16, 7:07 AM
I'm having trouble finding the ax so I can cut wood?

The axe will be found lying on the ground near the material store which is near the fruit tree and immediately right of the food storage area.

Hope this helps you both.

C

[Post New]by scallerbar on Jul 17, 09 11:52 AM
I have a sick person, what do I do? I have tried taking her to dried magical plants, tried to get the cheif to give her the plants, so what am I doing wrong? thanks

[Post New]by Adalind on Jul 17, 09 4:26 PM
Click on the person and then on the fire to get them to go to the plants. you must have some plats hanging up to dry. I collected 5, and then as soon as I use one, I then send that person to gather another one. It should be as simple as that. hope that helps.

[Post New]by corknox on Jul 17, 09 6:52 PM
how do you corral the dinasaurs? I have the bait in the pen, but they aren't even walking near it.

[Post New]by Terbur1 on Jul 18, 09 8:10 AM
Hi There
Have just about finished the game just about finished the game busy with the last task before building the boat. While busy with the game it freezes up and does not want to go any further. Had to restart the computer and went in again and still doing the same. Does anyone know of this problem and how to fix.
Thanks

[Post New]by bouncerfish on Jul 18, 09 11:57 PM
Dang, I was just about to buy this game when I read that last comment.
Keep us posted on the games freezing habit

[Post New]by miramilej_meli on Jul 19, 09 7:59 AM
I have purchased the game last night and did play for a very short period of time...today, I cannot start it!!! The game uploads, and when I click on play the game offers me to start a new game or to continue. What ever option I chose, the game closes itself, giving me the BFG play again screen!!! Any suggestions how to overcome this issue??!!! Cheers!

[Post New]by chieva on Jul 19, 09 8:48 AM
There's a mission about building a stable to lure the dinosaurs. I did built it and lured one in, but it's still standing in the opening of the stable and doesn't go in. It almost seems as if the game is stuck their. I've tried restarting it and the only thing that happens is that the dinosaur has turned around. He's still blocking the enterence. DId anyone else have this problem? Or does anyone knows how to fix it?
Thanks in advance, chieva

[Post New]by fourthrules on Jul 21, 09 3:00 PM
I can't find the sack for the corn. I have the corn fields all built, but can't harvest the corn, because I can't find the sack.

[Post New]by stelutza on Jul 22, 09 2:53 AM
i'm having the same problem with the dinosaurs...they won't get in the stable at all...i spent hours , but useless...does anyone know how to solve the pb?

[Post New]by amygamer on Jul 22, 09 7:15 PM
Same dinosaur problem, walking around even though the bait is in the stable. walking around, walking around... hours walking around...

[Post New]by Torali on Jul 23, 09 12:31 PM
I'm having the exact same problem with the dinosaurs and the stable. The bait is in the stable, yet a dinosaur never goes in and lays an egg. The people are growing old and dying. The resources are all maxxed out. The tribe is dwindling. And, still no dinosaur ever enters the stable. This is a dead end rendering this game incompleteable.

bailey10
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by bailey10 on Jul 26, 09 1:15 PM
corknox wrote:how do you corral the dinasaurs? I have the bait in the pen, but they aren't even walking near it.

You have to find a lasso for the tribe member to corral them

bailey10
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by bailey10 on Jul 26, 09 1:21 PM
I have had an access violation problem as well. I built the corral for the dinosaurs, and got all of the eggs necessary, then I started to build the other totem, and the game errors out! It is soooooooo frustrating bc when the game re-starts, it had not saved my prior actions of getting all of the eggs, and I have to do the thing all over again! Help! Also, my directX player is current and my graphics card is ok.

Edited on 07/26/2009 at 1:22:19 PM PST

dindaz
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by dindaz on Jul 26, 09 2:48 PM
I am having the same problem with the dinosaur not entering the pen. I have done everything I'm supposed to do but the dinosaurs just don't enter. Is there any point in re starting the game? has any one else out there figured out how to fix it?
cheers

[Post New]by Torali on Jul 27, 09 7:55 AM
Well, I'm not sure what happened, but I opened the game up again last night and the dinos started going in the pen and laying eggs. I finished the game and I'm thinking about starting it over again to see if I get the same problem that resolves itself after being closed and opened several times.....OR, if it has anything to do with the fact that I clicked on the rope that the fruit is sitting in the center of when a dino was close by and had NO characters in my target. Could just be a coincidence. *shrug*

Go to: