Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Subliminal Realms: The Masterpiece Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jul 11, 15 1:30 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 07/11/2015 at 6:00:26 PM PST

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Subliminal Realms: The Masterpiece Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by VTCT on Jul 11, 15 6:38 AM
crashing - use either hint or item from inventory game will crash sometimes plus the cursor l not stay in game mode, now I can't play the game at all. Don't they test more than once or even that?

Edited on 07/11/2015 at 2:16:34 PM PST

caput
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Subliminal Realms: The Masterpiece Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by caput on Jul 11, 15 9:29 AM
Didn't get a chance to play as it said I had already played my trial period. Interesting as it was just offered today. Oh well....

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Jul 11, 15 9:31 AM
caput wrote:Didn't get a chance to play as it said I had already played my trial period. Interesting as it was just offered today. Oh well....

This is a glitch that sometimes occurs; it is usually fixed by uninstalling and reinstalling the game.

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Jul 11, 15 10:37 AM
Howatch wrote:
caput wrote:Didn't get a chance to play as it said I had already played my trial period. Interesting as it was just offered today. Oh well....

This is a glitch that sometimes occurs; it is usually fixed by uninstalling and reinstalling the game.

Before you Uninstall & Re-install try just Reactivating the game.

DON"T UNINSTALL the game. Just go to the Game Page & Press "PLAY NOW". Wait a minute or so & you'll here the noise that you here when a game finishes installing.

That's what I do. It usually works & is quicker than redoing the whole download.

HTH

georgiarealist
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by georgiarealist on Jul 11, 15 1:50 PM
Locked up my computer (Windows 8.1) when I tried to take the Manticore from the camera. Had to force a reboot, as Task Manager wouldn't work. Then when I went back in, it was ok until I was in Iris's room and needed the spray bottle nozzle. The Strategy Guide says to put the bells on the jack-in-the-box, but there's no jack-in-the-box where the picture shows it. Can't progress without it. I'm wondering if the crash affected this. I may try to reinstall and see if it works, but I won't buy it unless these issues are fixed. I'm tired of waiting for fixes that never come (Gardens Inc III CE comes to mind).

Follow-up: reinstalling didn't change it, so I poked around a bit and found the jack-in-the-box was actually in one of the paintings (where the hint had directed me). So the Strategy Guide, which is one of the main benefits of the CE, is wrong - not an encouraging sign. I like the game, but I'm wondering if the CE is worth buying even at a discount. I may just wait for the SE.

Edited on 07/11/2015 at 2:28:31 PM PST

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Jul 11, 15 6:05 PM
Hi Everyone,

If there's trouble with getting Subliminal Realms: The Masterpiece Collector's Edition to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

Often, we can provide a known solution for technical issues in the Forums and some of our tech savvy pond residents may also swim by with good tips and suggestions. We're unable to provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team because the Forums are not well suited for the type of information-gathering and troubleshooting that's needed in order to correct issues of this nature.

If you're unable to get a game working properly using our Help pages or the tips posted here, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact Customer Support on the front page of our Help pages section.

Contacting Customer Support will help us to gather necessary information on what types of systems are being affected by the problem and to share this information with the developer in order to work towards a fix.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting Customer Support, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgWaimea

kenneve
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by kenneve on Jul 13, 15 11:07 AM
I cannot get the game to start. I got as far as selecting mode and , cursor etc and everytime I tried to get to leave that screen the game shrunk. I could not close out of it or start it. I uninstalled and reinstalled and same problem.

Any help will be appreciated as I really wanted to play the game after reading the comments.

I am using a personal computer with windows.

Thanks in advance.

Not sure if I am on the right page to post this, bbut I clickerd on the help button.

thanks again.

Edited on 07/13/2015 at 11:08:56 AM PST

kega
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by kega on Jul 14, 15 10:53 AM
I can't get past the options. As soon as the intro is finished, the game crashes. I uninstalled and re-installed, but it didn't help. When I re-installed, nothing happened when I pushed "Play". Either just sits there, unresponsive or crashes right away.
I'm on PC windows 8.1.

Wildfire54
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Wildfire54 on Jul 14, 15 4:14 PM
everything I click on it makes it drop to desktop like i alt tabbed.. I cant back out of anything of mouse click, it takes me to desktop then shows it was paused, win 8.1

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jul 15, 15 9:35 AM
Hi Everyone,

I am sorry to hear that players are having issues such as not being able to start, crashing, and the game being unplayable in regards to it keeps closing like alt tab was pressed. Talk about frustrating.

It may be helpful to look at the following help article for hints in regards to all these issues that players are experiencing:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you find that you are still having issues, please reach out to our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. They are always willing to help look into this further and offer any troubleshooting steps that they have.

I hope this helps get everything up and running for you. Feel free to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by judithmadams on Jul 15, 15 11:06 AM
I'm on Windows 8.1 and the game keeps crashing to the desktop. I loose the game cursor, and then the game crashes. I am able to click on the icon to open the game once again, but it continues this crashing process. I really do like the game; but it is the first game I have played in a long, long time that is so glitchy. I see others are experiencing issues as well. Very disappointing.

kega
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by kega on Jul 15, 15 11:31 AM
I play these games every day. The help pages are no help. All they do is suggest
that you upgrade the video card, etc.. Ditto the rigmarole of going through with a Dr. Felix report. It's still all about adjusting the graphics, etc. There is nothing going on with my computer. Everything is up-to-date. The other games are perfect. Why can't they admit that there is something wrong with this game? Very disappointing!

[Post New]by gggracie on Jul 16, 15 2:26 PM
I am on a NEW Toshiba with Windows 8.2. I was having the same issues, which seem to revolve around the game cursor which works only in the center of the screen. When I get to the edges, the hint, the inventory, it closes to the task bar and I can reopen. Then I went to options and changed to system cursor and the game will not recognize the cursor at all.

This game, for having been through beta testing, is very glitchy. I have down loaded several Big Fish games in the recent past and NONE had this problem.

I agree, also with an earlier post that we never get the promised fixes. Dare I mention Lost in the City. The e-mail response with the promised fix went away with the old computer.

[Post New]by donkeybytes on Jul 16, 15 5:37 PM
Here's a weird one: I played this game just fine for a day, came back two days later and it just loads a transparent window (there's a little bit of one edge showing). I have not changed any of my video settings so I can't imagine it is a hardware problem. I tried rebooting my system. I don't want to lose all my progress or I would consider re-installing the game. Help?

UPDATE: Re-install did not work. I've changed the settings, looked for new drivers, etc. I turned in a Dr. Felix report. Hoping they can resolve this!

Edited on 07/18/2015 at 12:30:11 PM PST

GreenMyEyes
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by GreenMyEyes on Jul 17, 15 7:49 AM
I can't get the game to run at all, not even to get the title screen. I click on the game in the games menu, the screen goes black for a moment, then I return to the desktop. I now see an icon on the task bar, but when I click on it I go through the same cycle: the screen goes black, then returns to the desktop with an icon on the task bar. The only way out is to hover over the task bar icon and select Close Window. I wiped it out, then reinstalled it the next day: same result.

I'm playing on a Windows 8.1 machine, running in Windows 7 mode.

Looks like a great game; I wish I could play it.

motive
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by motive on Aug 1, 15 3:26 PM
I can't access the game at all either...just a black screen that I have to use task manager to get out of it.

1Seashell7
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by 1Seashell7 on Aug 16, 15 8:10 PM
Also playing on windows 8.1 and when i try to go into the inventory with the cursor it drops me onto the desktop. I have deleted re-installed without success. I changed the cursor in he options menu and now can't play game at all.

1Seashell7
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by 1Seashell7 on Aug 18, 15 12:19 PM
Well, I guess there is no fix for my issue. I contacted CS and attached a Felix Report and their response was to give me a free game rather than troubleshoot. I really liked this game for what I could play of it.

hidnseekr
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by hidnseekr on Aug 20, 15 5:43 PM
My demos will not play, if I quit playing after about 15 minutes. I go back to play, it won't do anything. And that little square at the bottom left on the game manager telling what sale is going on, it flashes when I click on "play again", then nothing.

I have also tried going through countless things with Big Fish. Its not just this game.
I have over 200 games and I have not had this problem. I cannot try new games enough to buy them. I also sent in the dr. Felix reports, twice. One game had 63 minutes left. This one has 49. It does not come up and say my time is up. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the 63 minute one and it downloaded and said my "time was up!!!" huh??

In agreement with "Kega", the help pages are not helping. What to do?

Go to: