Kittypurrrs
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

Buffing buffy's buffs

[Post New]by Kittypurrrs on Jul 12, 15 5:27 PM
Erika added the new content to the other game sites, and usually does here, but I am not sure why this site was forgotten... Being there was no update notice here, I was hoping someone would start a new thread to ask questions. (I am just as tired as you seeing my name here so often!)

I have no idea what the following excerpt from the update means... as it sounds as though they are taking away from the mounts we have, rather then buffing them up, yet keep referring to the take away as buffs:

Number 2: A dozen new achievements and five new titles relating to mounts!

Number 3: Mounts will only have EIGHT bonuses including the starting buff

~New mounts:
Your mount will have the Speed Bonus, its random 5% starting buff, and once it has 6 other random buffs, the starting buff and those 6 will be the ones that will level up with each new level.

~ Old Mounts:
For all those mounts you currently have more than 8 buffs on, the lowest magnitude buffs will be randomly removed and their bonuses distributed among the buffs that can level up until the mount only has 8 buffs.

As well, your potential next level up bonuses may change based on your new buffs because next level buffs will only include existing buffs.

Note: Because of this change, using Pristine Feed for a buff that isn't one of your 7 may waste that feed.

If someone can interpret the info on old mounts and the changes into something I can understand it would be most appreciated. I do understand that we will have a max of 8 bonuses. (What does the 7 mean. Is that a typo? Arrrgh!! I am taking buffy, my newly named horse, and going to buff the Bentley)

Edited on 07/12/2015 at 8:47:10 PM PST

Flybaby
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

Re:Buffing buffy's buffs

[Post New]by Flybaby on Jul 13, 15 9:23 AM
It does sound contradictory, but could it mean
that although the speed bonus is part of the 8 allowed, it's not included in the 7 others that we can use Pristine food on?

I'm very disappointed that we weren't warned that we would lose our lowest buffs, as I would have played the game differently and used more feed on those I wanted to keep. Now I'm stuck with some bonuses that I don't want. And I really don't want to start over with another horse.

ElsaStar96
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by ElsaStar96 on Jul 13, 15 9:32 AM
I have absolutely no idea what it could all mean...might as well be in Greek! ..lol, I do however think that it's a bit unfair that when taking something away from a player that you aren't forewarned or even given a choice in the matter as to what is taken or changed.

Buffing buffy's buffs

[Post New]by erika_kramer1 on Jul 13, 15 4:38 PM
Kittypurrrs wrote:

If someone can interpret the info on old mounts and the changes into something I can understand it would be most appreciated. I do understand that we will have a max of 8 bonuses. (What does the 7 mean. Is that a typo? Arrrgh!! I am taking buffy, my newly named horse, and going to buff the Bentley)

Hi Kitty,

7 is not a typo. The Speed Bonus on a mount doesn't level up. The other 7 of 8 will level up.

We're not diminishing Mounts. We've had a lot of feedback of how potentially ending up with 1.5% in each of the 18 bonuses plus Speed at level 40 isn't very helpful.

With a max of 8 buffs, now players have a chance to get a more concentrated, powerful mount and the first 6 level ups are very important for getting buffs you want on your mount.

Old Mounts

Say your current mount had 10 bonuses.

Two of the smallest ones were taken away.

If you had 1 level up point in one and 2 level ups in the other, those 3 level up points were randomly distributed among the 7 left that can be increased.

We're sorry there wasn't warning for this change, but the mount system is currently in flux. Even if we had put out warning, it would have only been a day or two. As well, letting players choose would have been too complicated a system to put in, if it was possible at all.

Erika
CNE Community Manager

Kittypurrrs
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

[Post New]by Kittypurrrs on Jul 13, 15 5:26 PM
Being I could not feed my mounts when they had the potential mana bonus because of an internal error, and being even feeding the mounts all that i had of that feed to supposedly increase the chances, when the system would let me, it resulted in ... nothing as it rolled something I didn't want. I do not get how it can possibly be a buffer when you guys chose all along what bonuses our mounts have, unless we paid for pristine food and now even take the bonuses players came to expect away. In game speak, buffer is an enhancement. I find it a misnomer here, hence the title...

Addendum: note that the word buff was used 12 times in the mount update. If nothing else, it helped me name my horse...

Edited on 07/26/2015 at 9:49:44 AM PST

Kittypurrrs
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

[Post New]by Kittypurrrs on Jul 26, 15 9:48 AM
I thought I was going crazy. Sometimes I would look at the 4 potential bonuses and wonder why all 4 had been fed. (I feed 2 of the bonuses max, to at least TRY to get the potential bonuses I want that mount to have... not that it has been a favourable experiment but I am still trying nevertheless) Today I noted that when you have a horse in inventory, and add a horse to inventory to feed it, the previous horse will be fed UNLESS you actually click out of the inventory bag to the play area.

I suppose most of you are leveling one horse at a time, but for anyone like me that is trying to get each colour horse to have a specific purpose, it has added to the problem of not being able to feed mana and even when I did it never rolled.

I would like to put this in a "bug" post, but Bigfish does not have one... Did anyone else notice this or am I truly the only one who has these glitches?

Kittypurrrs
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

[Post New]by Kittypurrrs on Jul 26, 15 2:58 PM
Discus3 wrote:My mount only has seven bonuses. sigh

I would feel good about that as you still have the potential to get the bonus you want as your 8th. Are you saying it is your only horse you are leveling? Are you using hay and pristine feed and are you feeding it over 50% to get what you need/want?

Go to: