lfburns
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Burning Eyes and Lantern Placement

[Post New]by lfburns on Jul 18, 09 7:02 AM
I've had no trouble getting up to the point after firing the cannon. Problem is, the lanterns won't stay in the eyes. Is there a trick to this?

Re:Burning Eyes and Lantern Placement

[Post New]by maltesemom78 on Jul 18, 09 11:34 AM
Im havin the same problems i can't get the lanterns to stay in and suggestions? Went back to the game and i got the lantern to stay in one of the eyes But how and what do i do to the other eye???

Edited on 07/18/2009 at 11:46:29 AM PST

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Jul 18, 09 12:09 PM
You have to burn out both eyes with the lighted torch. Then you can put the lanterns in each blackened eye socket. Good luck!

lfburns
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by lfburns on Jul 18, 09 3:21 PM
LizzieK wrote:You have to burn out both eyes with the lighted torch. Then you can put the lanterns in each blackened eye socket. Good luck!

I've done that and the lanterns still don't stick. That's why I posted the question.

forensicMD
Clownfish
Clownfish
529 Posts

[Post New]by forensicMD on Jul 18, 09 3:27 PM
I have the same problem: fired the cannon, used torch on both eye spots, and then tried to place the lanterns. They won't stick for me either. Also, for whatever it is worth, the legend continues to read "fire the cannon." Is that how it reads for others having the same problem?

[Post New]by MissDolly1521 on Jul 18, 09 3:34 PM
Okay, I have had some of the same problems.....it read "fire cannon" after I fired the cannon and was trying to find the eyes. Finally that changed, then I used the torch to burn out the eye holes.....placed one latern in the hole and went to get the other lantern and it is gone!!! It is no longer in the tools!!! What happened and how do I fix this??? I can not move forward without the other lantern. Help please!

[Post New]by maude29 on Jul 18, 09 4:29 PM
I am having the same problem; I fired the cannon, placed the lit torch in the eye holes then I placed one latern in the hole went for the second latern and it is not there. I am also stuck and need help.

[Post New]by MissDolly1521 on Jul 18, 09 4:56 PM
I just started over under a new name....that's a bummer but it is going pretty fast so far.....hopefully I won't have the same problem again.....you can bet I will be very cautious this time. Let you know how it goes the second time around.

Edited on 07/18/2009 at 4:58:11 PM PST

[Post New]by sarahbera1218 on Jul 18, 09 7:54 PM
I'm almost there myself. I fired the cannon, went back and lit the torch, and was trying to get the lanterns, but it's not letting me pick them up. I click them, and it makes the noise as if I've picked up a correct item, but they're still just sitting there. I exited to the menu and then went back in, and tried again, but it still wouldn't work. So I exited the whole game to see if that would help, but it was still a no go :/ I really don't want to have to start the whole game over again, you know?

[Post New]by Southlady1 on Jul 18, 09 8:36 PM
I went all the way back through after getting the nose in. The second lantern did disappear the first and the second time. I have tried this so many times and now I'm just over it. I'll check back to see if a solution is found, but I'm really ticked that this happened. It's frustrating to get so far to only be stopped twice.

[Post New]by MissDolly1521 on Jul 18, 09 11:05 PM
Okay, here's what happened for me. I played the second time and when I got to the scene with the nose & eyes, I proceeded very slowly. Since I had put the latern in the right eye hole the first time around, I decided to place the latern in the left eye hole first, this time. It worked and I was able to place the second latern in the right eye hole last. All is good for me now and I am a happy camper. Hated having to do it again but at least it worked. Good luck to the rest of you!

Edited on 07/18/2009 at 11:07:15 PM PST

lfburns
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by lfburns on Jul 19, 09 1:54 AM
Going through the game the second time did work for getting the lanterns placed. Not sure if it's a glitch in the game or what, but the first time around, the eye holes didn't really burn out. That's why the lanterns didn't stick. The second time there were black holes after it burned. The lanterns went right in.

It's a good game. Not exceptionally difficult, but entertaining. I also like the fact that there's no timer on it. An improvement would be to have the people talk instead of just the text.

[Post New]by pinkpetunia49 on Jul 19, 09 5:58 AM
I have also have a promblem the second lantern is not there. What do I do now? Please advise. Thank you

lfburns
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by lfburns on Jul 19, 09 9:49 AM
pinkpetunia49 wrote:I have also have a promblem the second lantern is not there. What do I do now? Please advise. Thank you

Seems we all had, or are having the same problem. Start the game over in another name. I did that and when I got back to the skull/lanterns, everything worked fine. First time the eyes didn't burn out, so that's the reason the lanterns didn't stick.

Immadnow
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by Immadnow on Jul 19, 09 4:18 PM
hold the torch over the eyes and move it around slightly until the skull hand cursor turns blue...then click, same with the other eye and the lanterns.

newelph
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by newelph on Jul 19, 09 7:16 PM
I'll start again but there has to be a fix so you don't have have to start the game all over again.

Linde36
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Linde36 on Jul 19, 09 10:43 PM
I have the exact same problem! The first lantern went into the LEFT eye socket fine....then the second lantern simply vanished! It isn't in the tool box. It is nowhere to be found!

*** Is there a fix for this that doesn't require the ENTIRE game to be replayed up to this point? *** That would be maddening. I think that I'll just put this game on "hold" until a solution can be worked out.

I'm sorry that we are all having this problem. Perhaps the techno folks at Big Fish can look into this???

Thanks

[Post New]by MissDolly1521 on Jul 20, 09 3:55 PM
Okay now...........I am really mad!! I played the game under a new name for the second time and decided to quit for the night. When I came back to the game next day I clicked "play now" like always and a new window appeared saying it could not start because a game was already started. This has happened to me before, so I didn't think anything of it. I just cleared the pop up window and went to play when another message came up saying "a player file was corrupted and would be deleted". Well...........................when I opened the game to play under my new name, guess what? It had been deleted!!! Now this is ridiculous! My granddaughter decided to play the game since I was upset and not interested in playing for a while..............and now the same thing has happened to her name and game file. Can anyone tell me what is going on?? I feel like I have been wronged and someone should make up for this error and give me a fix for it!! Or give me a credit for this game!! Don't you?? How do I forward this to Tech Support??

Edited on 07/20/2009 at 3:57:30 PM PST

[Post New]by idahogranny on Jul 20, 09 4:55 PM
When you take the lanterns, take the bottom one first. Works for me

annie601
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by annie601 on Jul 21, 09 6:26 AM
Twice now I have lost a lantern, there were 2 in the tool box but when I put one in the left eye the second lantern had gone - where? I have started this game so many times, what with player being corrupted and lanterns missing - its driving me crazy !!

Go to: