Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Farm Frenzy Inc. here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jul 14, 15 12:33 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 07/14/2015 at 3:23:16 AM PST

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Farm Frenzy Inc. here.

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Jul 14, 15 3:24 AM
Hi Everyone,

If there's trouble with getting Farm Frenzy Inc. to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

Often, we can provide a known solution for technical issues in the Forums and some of our tech savvy pond residents may also swim by with good tips and suggestions. We're unable to provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team because the Forums are not well suited for the type of information-gathering and troubleshooting that's needed in order to correct issues of this nature.

If you're unable to get a game working properly using our Help pages or the tips posted here, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact Customer Support on the front page of our Help pages section.

Contacting Customer Support will help us to gather necessary information on what types of systems are being affected by the problem and to share this information with the developer in order to work towards a fix.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting Customer Support, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgWaimea

[Post New]by miss_marigold11 on Jul 14, 15 6:44 AM
I really thought this game would be without glitches since Farm Frenzy games have been out for years and are generally trouble free. But alas, long about level six I pressed the button to play/continue and the game froze up. I had to use task manager to get out and tried once more. Same thing happened.
I am using Windows 8 and this laptop has just returned from the shop having been completely re-furbished and checked out so I can't imagine it being the problem, other games properly playing which are much more sophisticated. I'll give it another go and see what happens.
Good luck.

[Post New]by larnie on Jul 14, 15 3:19 PM
I am having the same problem with the game freezing around level 6. I have deleted and reinstalled the game. Still freezing. Im using PC Windows Home Vista.

simhaup1
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by simhaup1 on Jul 14, 15 6:35 PM
I'm having the same issues. Grrrr! And I really love Farm Frenzy games.

wabtm
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by wabtm on Jul 15, 15 5:07 AM
I have just downloaded and installed this game and it seems like I am in someone else's game? I have never played it before but I am on some really high level with lots of levels played.

UPDATE: I have now restarted the game and it has worked correctly.

Edited on 07/15/2015 at 6:53:50 AM PST

[Post New]by shyone2051 on Jul 15, 15 5:55 AM
I just started the game and levels 1-8 show as already completed although I did not play them. When I tried playing I got an error message saying my internet was having problems but I am still connected. It says my player #419. Help I am using a Win7 pc.

Edited on 07/15/2015 at 5:58:02 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jul 16, 15 7:49 AM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that players are experiencing issues such as freezing issues and error messages appearing. I definitely know how frustrating this can be.

In regards to the freezing issues, it may be helpful to look at the following help article for hints:

shyone2051, it may be helpful to look up the error code message in the following help article:

Error Codes in Big Fish Games App

If you are still experiencing issues, please reach out to our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. They can definitely help look into this further for you.

I hope this helps to get everything up and running for you. Feel free to PM a moderator if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

tazruby2000
Flounder
Flounder
2,399 Posts

[Post New]by tazruby2000 on Jul 17, 15 8:32 PM
Game crashed with a Microsoft Visual C + + Runtime Library error message (Assertion failed). I got through the first couple level, complete and now the game crashes with the error. The game crashes everytime now when trying to play. Windows XP SP3 Pro Edition.

I pushed the Windows key, pressed the ignore button on the error message box and was able to continue with the game.

Edited on 07/17/2015 at 9:00:02 PM PST

[Post New]by naty1dnt44 on Jul 18, 15 12:15 AM
Hi,
I have some sync problems, I believe. I installed Game Manager on 2 different machines. I'm playing logged in. Bought starter pack and unlocked/upgraded a lot of things while I was on first machine but after I went to another location, started Game manager, logged in, started the game - all my upgrades, rest of my keys and those green things are gone! Can someone please help?

[Post New]by EPF4CATSBK on Jul 18, 15 7:02 AM
I'm also getting the occassional Game crash errors. It happens approx 3 times per day so far. I have a New (less than 30 days old) HP touch Smart Computer running Windows 8.1 (Yuck!!!) system.

Also not sure if this is Tech issue but I've completely upgraded my warehouse to level 4 but the last slot is still Locked. What gives?

tazruby2000
Flounder
Flounder
2,399 Posts

[Post New]by tazruby2000 on Jul 18, 15 7:48 AM
Major Issue

I uninstalled the game with the game manager but it only removed the game from the game manager itself. The start menu for the game was still there and also the whole games was in the program folder. I tried to uninstall it with a uninstaller but it didn't work and I also tried to uninstall the game with the uninstall in the game folder, also didn't work. I had to delete the game folder and delete the start menu for the game. I reinstalled the game but I still get Game crashed with a Microsoft Visual C + + Runtime Library error message (Assertion failed). If I want to play I have to hit the ignore button to play the next level. This is ridiculous putting out a game with major issues like this.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jul 19, 15 8:13 AM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to pop in here and address the new posts in this thread. I'm so sorry to hear that players are experiencing crash issues, unable to progress with locked areas issue, and progress lost issues. Talk about frustrating and no fun at all.

If you haven't already, it is recommended to look at the following help article for hints in regards to the crash issue and locked area issue:

In regards to the progress lost, some players have reported that running the game as an administrator helps. I'll include a help article below:

Run Game as Administrator

tazruby2000, thank you for providing the troubleshooting steps you have taken as well as the error message that appears. It is recommended to contact our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report so that they can help offer troubleshooting steps for this error message. We definitely want to help get things up and running for the players.

If you are still experiencing issues after looking at the help articles above, please reach out to our Technical Support Team. They are always willing to help look into this for you.

I hope this helps. Feel free to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by naty1dnt44 on Jul 20, 15 2:29 AM
@bfgBellerophon, running the game as admin didn't solved the sync issue I'm experiencing.. I actually didn't have game progress lost at all. I started playing on first machine, bought some things, played game and then I went on different location, I was bored (lol), downloaded game manager and FF Inc. Logged in, started to play but it was from the blank, all over again. My progress from the first machine was not there. After that I returned to first location and continued the game and everything was exactly as it was when I left it. So, thing is that on second machine that progress is not shown. I'm playing under the same username on both locations but game on second machine is acting like I didn't bought anything that I actually did while I was on first machine. Also, levels that I have finished on first machine are not done on second machine until I finish them... Anyone else had this kind of issue? Is it supposed to be like that? I always thought that payments are linked to username, but it seems that it's location that is important

tazruby2000
Flounder
Flounder
2,399 Posts

[Post New]by tazruby2000 on Jul 22, 15 2:17 PM
Major issue that needs fixed with this game...

I tried to uninstall the game with a uninstaller but the game will not uninstall. I tried to uninstall the game by the uninstall in the game folder but nothing happened. Removing by the game manager only removed the game from the game manager itself not the game folder or start menu icons. This game needs seriously looked at, fix this problem and Game crashed with a Microsoft Visual C + + Runtime Library error message (Assertion failed). I will wait for a update before wasting my time with a game that has 2 issues.

[Post New]by Sylvanmoonscape on Jul 23, 15 2:22 AM
I also am getting freezes, and I've read all the help info on this. It's not my computer, which is brand new and has updated everything on a PC running Windows 8. I'm not getting any error messages, just screen freezes that I have to exit using Task Manager. That first screen that pops up asking me to buy that day's "deal" is the first thing to freeze, but then "if" I can get into the game, it seems to freeze at random points. Frustrating.

simhaup1
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by simhaup1 on Jul 25, 15 10:52 PM
Just keep freezing on Level 6 with the following crash dump errors:

Exception 'EXCEPTION_BREAKPOINT' (code 0x80000003) at address 6A008259 in thread 1420

6A008259 (MSVCR120): (filename not available): wassert
005A843F (Farm Frenzy Inc_1010): (filename not available): (function-name not available)
00580008 (Farm Frenzy Inc_1010): (filename not available): (function-name not available)

Anybody have any clue on what this means??

Thanks!

tazruby2000
Flounder
Flounder
2,399 Posts

[Post New]by tazruby2000 on Jul 25, 15 11:12 PM
simhaup1 wrote:Just keep freezing on Level 6 with the following crash dump errors:

Exception 'EXCEPTION_BREAKPOINT' (code 0x80000003) at address 6A008259 in thread 1420

6A008259 (MSVCR120): (filename not available): wassert
005A843F (Farm Frenzy Inc_1010): (filename not available): (function-name not available)
00580008 (Farm Frenzy Inc_1010): (filename not available): (function-name not available)

Anybody have any clue on what this means??

Thanks!
I believe I had the same one, if it came up Microsoft Visual C + + Runtime Library error message (Assertion failed). If it is the same one, hit ignore button and you should be able to continue. I had that error starting each round. See my other post about the other issue.

Mods:
I did contact tech support and haven't heard from an actual tech, I sent the ticket in July 17th.

simhaup1
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by simhaup1 on Jul 25, 15 11:54 PM
@tazruby2000

Thanks so much! It did help to click ignore. I'm now into my game again, but sucks that you have to keep doing that all the time.

Edited on 07/25/2015 at 11:54:39 PM PST

tazruby2000
Flounder
Flounder
2,399 Posts

[Post New]by tazruby2000 on Jul 30, 15 2:54 PM
I got final response from tech support about the Microsoft Visual C + + Runtime Library error message (Assertion failed) and was unable to get it fixed. It looks like I will have to wait for a fix from the developers in a future update. And the other problem with the game not uninstalling like normal.

Go to: