Instructions, rules and reaching goals

[Post New]by toniecat on Jul 15, 15 2:53 PM
For each different board where there's another type of block I need to dodge or destroy, is there a way to get the instructions another time? I played this game years ago and enjoyed it - but now that I'm going through it again, I don't understand how some things work. I can light the sconces and do the electricity board, melt the frozen jewels - - - but I've hit the board with the little monsters that go up and up until they end the game. Now, I can "match-3" the specialty stones that appear but it's not apparent how to use the numbers that appear on the lower left. Also, for the special abilities of some of the characters, I don't know how to activate them after that activation sound come on. Yes, I've probably lost a few brain cells since last I played - but I'd appreciate any help that you can provide. And also - It would be wonderful if there was a section to go to that would repeat the instructions for each different board!! Please consider this.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

Re:Instructions, rules and reaching goals

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Jul 15, 15 3:33 PM
Welcome to the pond!

I'd thought there was an evasion board tutorial somewhere in the game, but can't seem to find it...the developer didn't put in tutorials for every board type it seems! Anyway, to answer your question, on these boards, whenever you M3 the special stones (hero jewels) it gives you an "evade" move that goes to the box on the lower left. The evade moves are used to send the enemy jewels (the climbing things that will cause a board forfeit if they reach the top) back to the bottom of the jewel board. To use one, click the Evade box, which should cause the jewel board background to flicker, then click on an enemy jewel and that will make it go back to the bottom. It's best to wait until the enemy jewel is close to the top before using an evade move as you don't always get a lot of them in a board. Playing Solomon and using the reshuffle powerup will also send all enemy jewels back to the bottom in evasion boards. Trevor's bomb powerup can be used on enemy jewels, but only if the enemy jewel is in range of the bomb.

Tutorials for boards can be returned to by going back to the map and clicking back through sections you've already been in and mousing over the completed board circles until you find one that's a board tutorial.

Not sure which special abilities for characters you might be referring to that you're having the trouble with activating, but I'll be happy to elaborate if you can provide a bit more detail.

[Post New]by toniecat on Jul 31, 15 2:24 PM
Thank so much - I think I've got it!

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Jul 31, 15 6:09 PM
You're welcome. Did you figure out how to activate all the powerups too?

Go to: