bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Nancy Drew: Ransom of the Seven Ships forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jul 20, 09 12:04 AM
Welcome to Nancy Drew: Ransom of the Seven Ships forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Nancy Drew: Ransom of the Seven Ships players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

Re:Welcome to Nancy Drew: Ransom of the Seven Ships forum

[Post New]by prpldva on Jul 20, 09 12:14 AM
Oh boy. oh boy!

[Post New]by caleenda85 on Jul 20, 09 12:15 AM
Downloading now

bronte311
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by bronte311 on Jul 20, 09 12:57 PM
I'm SO EXCITED to see this on Big Fish so soon after its release date! I almost bought it at Target a few days ago because I thought it would take much longer for it to get here, now I'm really glad I waited. Huzzah for Big Fish!

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Jul 25, 09 2:28 AM
Great game! Just finished! Still do not like where the objects are, cannot see clearly what you are carryng. Had to use the forum quite a bit. Thank you to all who input information!

player_pat
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by player_pat on Jul 29, 09 10:25 AM
Disappointing game! I’m a great big huge fan of the Nancy Drew games, but “Ransom of the Seven Ships” was a bit much—tedious and non-challenging—with an unnecessary, never-ending, color Sudoku game, with reading over-kill…while having to change pseudo hieroglyphics into English. If one wants to waste two or more days on a “match the colors” Sudoku game, one could get the uninspiring puzzle for free anywhere on the net. “Ransom” was not of the usual great quality and enjoyable investigative/educational challenges and character interactions, as most other past games; and surely must have “new inexperienced” writers and developers. –It seemed more like: a produced “rush-to-meet-the-dead-line” game, with hardly any gamer discretion; a “do it this way only or you don’t move game;” and a “let’s fool the gamers using boilerplate, tiresome and uninteresting puzzles…just to fill up the time spent on it” game. I would not call “Ransom of the Seven Ships” a role-playing game – it was more like “follow our lead” (or be stuck) game. The moneys are laughing all the way to the bank with this one – Over and out! LOL

[Post New]by 88in09 on Jul 31, 09 9:16 PM
HELP!!! How do I pick up the coral/urchin? I've gone as far as I can go (solved every puzzle, etc.) without the urchin for the monkeys. I've used up 10 airtanks swimming around trying to grab or dig anything that looks like a sea urchin or brain coral and nada. I saw a screen shot of two "balls" not far from her boat, but nothing happens when I click all around. Please tell me what I'm not getting.

[Post New]by babyblue69 on Aug 5, 09 11:00 AM
I cant figure out how to get out of the water after finding the treasure. I have looked everywhere and tried everything and cant get it plz help

Edited on 08/05/2009 at 11:03:05 AM PST

Re:Monkey Game

[Post New]by LostAtTheGate on Aug 8, 09 7:05 PM
I've given up on the Monkey Game-even with all the tips, I'm putting this game into cold storage. Maybe someday if I'm feeling masochistic, I'll pull it out. Not only does the monkey get 9 balls in the 1st level, I can't hit the boards down. I hit 3 Guava's, 3 Stars and 2 crabs and got a score of 8. The boards, even when I click on them 2 or 3 times each, which makes the game impossible to win, the boards still won't go down, and I wait for them to be standing up straight.

Nothing works and I'm so disappointed. I hate arcade games to begin with which is why I get the large file games-so this is doubly frustrating. I would certainly like my money back on this one.

Welcome to Nancy Drew: Ransom of the Seven Ships forum

[Post New]by millermae4ever on Aug 8, 09 10:15 PM

help i cant get the code to get medal detecor

[Post New]by jojo10455 on Aug 10, 09 6:23 PM
I've not had a problem with the game until I had to solve puzzle in octopus den. I can get first 2 but that's it. I make 2 moves on the next block and I have to start that block over. I work on it til I run out of air and I've done this several times now. What gives?

[Post New]by shirzad on Aug 16, 09 2:51 PM
I have been playing the monkey game, the one with the coconut throw, for a very, very long time. I have collected all of the "trinkets" and about 50 guava. Every time I win, I am offered the trinkets that I already have or more guava. I am never offered the compass, and so I cannot progress in the game and I am stuck. Can you help me understand why winning the monkey game over and over does not result in being offered the compass?

[Post New]by teagirl on Aug 16, 09 5:44 PM
Shirzad,
If you talk to Johnny first and ask for the metal detector, he'll tell you he wants the compass---then when you play the coconut game and win--the compass will be there.
Teagirl

[Post New]by shirzad on Aug 16, 09 8:54 PM
Thanks, teagirl. I remember Johnny talking about the metal detector, but at that time I chose a response that led the conversation away from discussing the metal detector. I tried to go back to talk to Johnny, but the scripted conversation doesn't allow for me to mention the metal detector, and I can't seem to get the program to deviate from the scripted commentary, which only provides for me to apologize and leave him alone. Any thoughts?

[Post New]by shirzad on Aug 16, 09 9:11 PM
Hey, teagirl! Your suggestion eventually worked. I kept going back to Johnny over and over, and the script finally offered me the question to borrow the metal detector! Thanks again. I am on my way back to the monkeys to try to get the compass.

[Post New]by markiesmommy06 on Aug 17, 09 7:09 PM
I can find the "W" to start the treasure hunt, but cannot figure out the paces, nor can I figure out why the shovel doesn't dig. Help???

Re:Monkey Game

[Post New]by markiesmommy06 on Aug 17, 09 7:10 PM
LostAtTheGate wrote:I've given up on the Monkey Game-even with all the tips, I'm putting this game into cold storage. Maybe someday if I'm feeling masochistic, I'll pull it out. Not only does the monkey get 9 balls in the 1st level, I can't hit the boards down. I hit 3 Guava's, 3 Stars and 2 crabs and got a score of 8. The boards, even when I click on them 2 or 3 times each, which makes the game impossible to win, the boards still won't go down, and I wait for them to be standing up straight.

Nothing works and I'm so disappointed. I hate arcade games to begin with which is why I get the large file games-so this is doubly frustrating. I would certainly like my money back on this one.

Have you tried the other two monkey games?

ldocd
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by ldocd on Aug 23, 09 7:06 PM
Is there a walk thru for this game ??????

[Post New]by patriciae1354 on Aug 24, 09 11:44 PM
I can't seem to get into the closet. I have tried all the buttons and get as far as one left and then it turns others off = Can some one help me please. It is quite frustrating.

[Post New]by patriciae1354 on Aug 25, 09 1:09 AM
peglegann wrote:Great game! Just finished! Still do not like where the objects are, cannot see clearly what you are carryng. Had to use the forum quite a bit. Thank you to all who input information!

Go to: