Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Shadow Wolf Mysteries: Tracks of Terror Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jul 16, 15 12:35 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 07/16/2015 at 1:48:34 AM PST

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Shadow Wolf Mysteries: Tracks of Terror Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Jul 16, 15 1:49 AM
Hi Everyone,

If there's trouble with getting Shadow Wolf Mysteries: Tracks of Terror Collector's Edition to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

Often, we can provide a known solution for technical issues in the Forums and some of our tech savvy pond residents may also swim by with good tips and suggestions. We're unable to provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team because the Forums are not well suited for the type of information-gathering and troubleshooting that's needed in order to correct issues of this nature.

If you're unable to get a game working properly using our Help pages or the tips posted here, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact Customer Support on the front page of our Help pages section.

Contacting Customer Support will help us to gather necessary information on what types of systems are being affected by the problem and to share this information with the developer in order to work towards a fix.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting Customer Support, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgWaimea

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Shadow Wolf Mysteries: Tracks of Terror Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by jennsmom on Jul 16, 15 8:18 AM
I find that I am unable to play the demo. I have black screen lags of up to 30 seconds between scenes, and then freezing, and have to C/A/D to get out. I will try the usual suggestions, but am disappointed because I have all the other games in the series.

Edit to say: I am able to play the demo as Administrator. So, I will be purchasing the game and hope for the best with the full version.

Edited on 07/16/2015 at 10:16:10 AM PST

gamblebug
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Shadow Wolf Mysteries: Tracks of Terror Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by gamblebug on Jul 16, 15 10:43 AM
I am so mad for buying this game.It's driving me nuts to how hard it is to use the hand to bring up your energy or power which ever.I'm at the gate with the horse , I've shot the wolf and did the mini game and now need to fill the bar and nothing is working.I even started new profile and after shooting the frist wolf now hand won't hold here either.Should not be this hard ,and you can't skip isn't that a hoot,waste of money.

imaoldlayde
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by imaoldlayde on Jul 16, 15 11:20 AM
Game downloaded and installed fine. When I started playing got thee black screen of death. right then microsoft started updates so I left to go out. when I came back message that computer would not start, had to use startup repair. Now the game is no longer downloaded on my computer. Don't think I will try again.

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Shadow Wolf Mysteries: Tracks of Terror Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by Howatch on Jul 16, 15 11:27 AM
gamblebug wrote:I am so mad for buying this game.It's driving me nuts to how hard it is to use the hand to bring up your energy or power which ever.I'm at the gate with the horse , I've shot the wolf and did the mini game and now need to fill the bar and nothing is working.I even started new profile and after shooting the frist wolf now hand won't hold here either.Should not be this hard ,and you can't skip isn't that a hoot,waste of money.

Did you try holding the left mouse button down after you have begun to fill the bar? That is what worked for me.

gamblebug
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Shadow Wolf Mysteries: Tracks of Terror Collector's Edition

[Post New]by gamblebug on Jul 16, 15 12:24 PM
Howatch wrote:
gamblebug wrote:I am so mad for buying this game.It's driving me nuts to how hard it is to use the hand to bring up your energy or power which ever.I'm at the gate with the horse , I've shot the wolf and did the mini game and now need to fill the bar and nothing is working.I even started new profile and after shooting the frist wolf now hand won't hold here either.Should not be this hard ,and you can't skip isn't that a hoot,waste of money.

Did you try holding the left mouse button down after you have begun to fill the bar? That is what worked for me.
Thanks for the info finally got through it was rough but did it

didersham
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
409 Posts

[Post New]by didersham on Jul 16, 15 2:56 PM
I am playing on custom mode and turned off sparkles for HO scenes and active areas, but now there are sparkles in the Tower for the HO scene in the book.

Windows 7 Home Premium.

smpilotmom
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by smpilotmom on Jul 16, 15 5:50 PM
I stupidly purchased this game before trying it. I've tried downloading and re-downloading the game several times and I can't even get the game to start. It's super slow. The cursor moves as if on a delay. I have and HP with 4G's of memory and I don't have this issue with any of the other games. And I pretty much have all the CE's. If there is no fix for this then I'd like a refund please!

lkbambi
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by lkbambi on Jul 16, 15 6:35 PM
Mine says: Error: Access violation at 0x0077A69E (tried to read from 0x00000000), program terminated.

I also have the rest of the series. Starting to get this message more and more.

I have a new computer which is Windows 7. Very disappointed. Some games are fixed and some aren't.

BFGJunkie
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by BFGJunkie on Jul 17, 15 1:03 AM
Ikbambi
I used to get the error access violation all the time. Now I don't play from the game manager anymore, but from the icon on my screen. Right click on it and go to "open file location" and then click on the "game name" exe.
I hope this works for you.
I also have Windows 7

Edited on 07/17/2015 at 1:07:37 AM PST

lkbambi
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by lkbambi on Jul 17, 15 9:10 PM
BFG Junkie - I wish that had worked. I don't see the .exe file you are talking about. Some games seem to work without going through the game manager and some games won't. Any other suggestions? Thank you.

lorem
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by lorem on Jul 18, 15 1:50 AM
Such a shame the demo freezes even after uninstall/reinstall..I hope there will be a fix/update..

BFGJunkie
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by BFGJunkie on Jul 18, 15 1:55 AM
Ikbambi
I have sent you a PM

[Post New]by janrats68 on Jul 18, 15 10:11 AM
im having trouble with this game as well it either freezes blank screen or takes to long to come on each sean im on windows 8.1 and its new laptop had no trouble with any of the other games

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Jul 18, 15 12:39 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear about the various issues with the game.

To start, we've found that the steps in the following help article are very effective, even for cursor issues and instances where the game seems to stick or slow down:

This may help as well:

Access Violation

If these don't help, our Technical Support Team is skilled at troubleshooting issues and can help with making adjustments to your settings that can possibly help with resolving some of these issues. However, they don't have the ability to change the games themselves. When an issue is identified that requires an actual fix to the game itself, they have to let the developer know because only the developer is capable of making such a change.

If you're still experiencing issues with the game, I recommend that you contact our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps are always glad to help.

Thank you for your patience,

bfgWaimea

Annie6250
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Annie6250 on Jul 18, 15 1:02 PM
Hi, I'm on an iMac and am playing this game but the system cursor keeps sticking and then shows MY system cursor (Mac cursor arrow) along with the game cursor. Two cursors show up when i'm playing. I keep going to Options in the game and selecting and de-selecting it so I just get the game cursor but it slips back into the dual cursor mode almost immediately. How do I fix this?

[Post New]by cocobolo1 on Jul 19, 15 9:54 AM
Game will not start, get "Error: Access violation at 0x02AF0D50 (tried to read from 0xFFFFFFFF), program terminated"

Have tried running from game manager and from the exe file with and without administrator privileges.

PC - Windows 8.1 (64 bit)
Ram - 8Gb
Proc - 2 i7 quad processors

All other games seem to run fine.

[Post New]by Lapade46 on Jul 19, 15 10:57 AM
Like everyone else in here this game lags,freezes & is just a pain to play.I get black screen & just the curser arrow & thenit briefly freezes.Its not my computer because I have a brand new hard drive & have had no problems with other games.You need to get some patches.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jul 19, 15 12:54 PM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to pop in here and address the recent posts in this thread. I'm sorry to hear that players are experiencing issues such as system cursor not working, access violation error message, and freezing issues. Definitely doesn't make things fun.

Annie6250, thank you for letting us know what troubleshooting steps you have taken. Please reach out to our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. They can definitely look into this for you.

cocobolo1, I'm sorry to hear that the access violation error message is appearing when trying to play this game. It may be helpful to look at the following help article for hints:

Access Violation

In regards to the freezing and lagging issues Lapade46, the following help article may contain hints to get things up and running for you and hopefully not show a black screen.

If you are still experiencing issues, please reach out to our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. They are always willing to offer any troubleshooting steps they have.

I hope this helps!

bfgBellerophon

Edited on 07/19/2015 at 12:55:13 PM PST

Go to: