Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Grim Facade: Hidden Sins here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jul 17, 15 12:33 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 07/17/2015 at 7:24:29 AM PST

jackryan
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Grim Facade: Hidden Sins here.

[Post New]by jackryan on Jul 17, 15 2:37 AM
There is a bug in the game. When you complete the machine, and start to use it, the game crashes. This is near the beginning of the game, in the judges lodgings. Such a shame as the Grim Facade games are usually excellent, and a pleasure to play x

kainesis2
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by kainesis2 on Jul 17, 15 5:54 AM
There is a different bug in mine. If I click on or near the map, the game shrinks off the screen to my desk top. I cannot use the map at all.

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Jul 17, 15 7:25 AM
Hi Everyone,

If there's trouble with getting Grim Facade: Hidden Sins to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

Often, we can provide a known solution for technical issues in the Forums and some of our tech savvy pond residents may also swim by with good tips and suggestions. We're unable to provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team because the Forums are not well suited for the type of information-gathering and troubleshooting that's needed in order to correct issues of this nature.

If you're unable to get a game working properly using our Help pages or the tips posted here, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact Customer Support on the front page of our Help pages section.

Contacting Customer Support will help us to gather necessary information on what types of systems are being affected by the problem and to share this information with the developer in order to work towards a fix.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting Customer Support, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgWaimea

caput
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by caput on Jul 17, 15 9:42 AM
Game is running very, very slowly on my computer. Not the computer as other games are running well. Going to try to reinstall and see what happens.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Jul 18, 15 6:03 PM
Extreme lag between scenes. Very frustrating and time consuming!

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Jul 20, 15 3:12 PM
On Windows XP: The first time I am to hunt for memory fragments, in the office, I get an Access Violation and the game freezes. This is early in the game. I'm going to try redownloading the game to see if that helps. I hope BF notifies the developers and there is a fix to this. Otherwise, I'll be asking for a refund.

[Post New]by gamerdame on Jul 25, 15 9:20 AM
there is a bug in the game that will not allow you to complete a hidden object area near the end. you can find the items, they highlight but do not cross off. You cannot complete the game

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jul 26, 15 7:16 AM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to pop in here and address the new posts in this thread. I'm sorry to hear that players are experiencing issues with this particular game.

dollyflower, it may be helpful to look at the following help article in regards to the error message you are seeing:

Access Violation

gamerdame, I'm sorry to hear that the game isn't acknowledging when items have been located. It may be helpful to look at the following help article for hints to ensure that everything is up to date with your video graphics card:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you are still experiencing issues after checking out the help articles, or experiencing the slow performance issues, please reach out to our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. They are always willing to offer any troubleshooting steps they have.

I hope this helps get thing up and running. You are welcome to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

oreegun
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by oreegun on Aug 6, 15 3:04 PM
OK, I keep freezing after a few ops. I used Dr. Felix but no help generated.
The question is: Can this program run under XP with Directx 9.0? That
is the highest official version. There are 3rd party Directx 10, but I hesitate
to download. I have a EVGA GEFORCE GTX 650 Video card that says
it's up to date.

Go to: