Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Grim Facade: Hidden Sins here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jul 17, 15 12:34 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 07/17/2015 at 7:24:40 AM PST

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Grim Facade: Hidden Sins here.

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Jul 17, 15 7:25 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Grim Facade: Hidden Sins here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, as do the developers as well as your fellow gamers. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Grim Facade: Hidden Sins.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM any one of our Moderators.

bfgWaimea

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Jul 17, 15 2:34 PM
Hello friends! Well, I gave the SE version a shot and like this game much better as an SE. I still stand by my original review of the CE (see shortened version below) and do not feel this is CE worthy. I have all of the others in this series and will get this one as well, but only as an SE.

"The graphics and game play is very well done. Colors are not over-powering. Voice overs are pretty good, but I don't care for the "whisper" type voice. They aren't scary, just annoying. Music is the same as in all the others in this series, so naturally I turn it down. There are very nice sound FX in this game, but mostly the game is fairly quiet. SG is the standard and easy to follow if you need it.

HOPs are interactive lists and "place this part in the scene," and combinations of both together. When placing items, some objects are pretty small, but not hard to see. HOPs were pretty clean and items not all that difficult to find. Puzzles were interesting and some did take time and thought to complete, but are not difficult either. Hint system works quite well, but I did not see that it transports to other locations. This was okay, because you didn't have to back-track far for another item or objective.

Collectibles are 16 masks. When you open each mask,you get a little history as to what it is for, but I don't see that it really has all that much to do with the story line. Some are not as easy to see as you may think. You also find coins to purchase items from a vendor, in order to complete a task. These are not difficult to spot. You also have a machine that allows you to find floating memories, which actually gives you more insight into what is happening with the story.

I've read a few reviews that mention graphic deaths. During the demo, there was a hanging, a stabbing and an explosion. Except for one scene, you didn't actually see anything happen, you just know it did. Other games used poison, guns, swords or whatever they could get their hands on. This one is no different, except that they do show blood. If you want more "realism" in a game, unfortunately this is what you get. Hopefully, it doesn't get any worse than what I have seen so far. Again, I really do not care to "choose" my dialog in a game. It takes away from the game play and is completely unnecessary. This was a big downside for me.

I am on the fence about this one. It didn't have anything that really made me want to buy it...especially as a CE. The game flowed fairly well, but just didn't seem to have the challenge or the little extra to make you want to keep going. Some games just make better SE versions."

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may find this one to be exactly what you are looking for. Thanks for the review.

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Jul 18, 15 12:33 AM
sarah451 wrote:"An outbreak of scurvy" caused the drawbridges to be raised?

Really?

Did no history teacher ever explain [to these devs] why England's sailors used to be called "Limeys"?

Scurvy is not a communicable disease, Boys. Do your homework.
Yes, please do!
9otters wrote:...There is a "conversation" trend that we see in many games now, and it is one that I REALLY dislike...having to choose one of several responses when "talking" to a character. We have to do it with EVERY character we meet, some more than once, and there are MANY. It just seems to be a pointless way to add time to the game. We end up having to choose ALL of them to progress and they have NO influence on the story or outcome of the game.

Unfortunately, my second least favorite feature shows up too...a gimmick "contraption". This device is used to scan the scene to pick up memory "fragments" that show up as wisps of smoke. There are five wisps to collect each time we use it and they're moving, so it takes some time to gather them all. Once we get them, yet another series of cut-scenes reveal some back story and a crystal to recharge the device.

... I would have liked to have seen all the effort that went to gimmicks, animations, cut-scenes, and elaborate settings for achievements and collectibles put into a more interesting GAME. There were some features that I liked, but far more that I didn't. Right from the start we we collected stuff to catch a fish, located an oiler for rust, melted metal to create a key...
Thank you 9otters and sarah451! My thoughts exactly!

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Jul 31, 15 2:18 PM
Review for the SE version. Although the animations, graphics and voice-overs were well done, I found this game to be just this side of boring. The transporter map as far as I was concerned was useless. I had adjusted the skip and hint to be very fast (one of the positives) in the custom setting so I just used the hint to move around the game...much faster and to the point.

HOS were interactive to a degree and very simple as were most of the puzzles although I skipped a few because I just wanted to get on with the game. The game took you all over to get one piece, then back to place it then on to get another piece...very tedious gameplay in my book.

I found the story a bit confusing, maybe because I stopped and started several times (a good sign it wasn't a gripper) and I am not a fan of the question and answer dialog. I found the ending a disappointment and abrupt...maybe the CE explains more.

Purchased this on a two for one so I didn't pay full price for which I'm glad. I can only give a 3- out of 5 and would only recommend purchase as some kind of daily deal.

aim4stars
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

Exceptional Game

[Post New]by aim4stars on Aug 3, 15 9:44 AM
I played the full version of the SE game and loved every minute. These developers for the Grim Facade games really provide adventurous and unexpected amusements.
My first Grim Facade was Venice. I was so surprised at the momentum of the adventure that I have compared every game since to it.
Thanks for a truly fun experience!

Go to: