bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

My Kingdom for the Princess comments and reviews

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jul 21, 09 1:43 AM
Here is what our reviewer thought of My Kingdom for the Princess. If you'd like to comment with what you thought of this game, please feel free to post them in this discussion thread.

Comments:
My Kingdom for the Princess will instantly transport you to another world where valiant knights rescue damsels in distress. The richly detailed illustrations are straight out of a fairytale and the narrator does a great job of bringing this fantasy to life. When your mind needs a rest from strategizing there are two kinds of puzzle mini-games. The mini-games stay the same throughout the game, which can become repetitive, but they add a much needed break between levels. Overall this game is fast-paced and challenging with an engrossing story, cute characters and varying degrees of difficulty. Players young and old will enjoy making sure the game ends happily ever after.

Genre:
This game is a good mix of Time Management and Strategy with Mini Puzzles at the end of each level.

Game Modes:
Like most Time Management games, My Kingdom for the Princess is only available in standard timed mode.

Depth:
There are 4 stages with 12 levels each for 48 levels total and hours of game play!

Similar to:
A task based game like Wild Tribe, with the colorful design and game play style of Mystic Emporium and Be a King.

Difficulty level:
If you try to complete all of the levels early for a bonus, this game is more on the hard end of the spectrum. Otherwise the game is medium in difficulty with plenty of time on the clock to complete your tasks. All skill levels should be able to get something out of this game.

Reviewed by M.J.B.

Edited on 07/22/2009 at 11:57:42 AM PST

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

Re:My Kingdom for the Princess comments and reviews

[Post New]by govegril on Jul 21, 09 3:37 AM
Cute game. I thought it was going to be easy but got harder to finish before nightfall as you went on. Nice family game- I probably will buy it.

I played about 9 levels but never saw any mini puzzles and this is nothing like Mystic Emporium????

DonnyDJ
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
475 Posts

[Post New]by DonnyDJ on Jul 21, 09 6:13 AM
I really enjoyed this game for numerous reasons and I highly recommend it if you have enjoyed playing any of the following games:

Wonderburg (this game is made by the same people as My Kingdom for the Princess)
Build a Lot 1-3
Be Rich
Plan it Green
Aquapolis
Create a Mall
Forgotten Lands:First Colony
Hotel Mogul
Fishco
Janes Realty

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Jul 21, 09 6:48 AM
I really like this game. It`s a mix from Build a lot and First Colony. But it has nothing to do with Mystic Emporium. I think I will buy it. Nice game.

willows23
Minnow
Minnow
223 Posts

[Post New]by willows23 on Jul 21, 09 8:30 AM
Enjoyed the game. Only played the demo so far and was upset when my trial ended. I like the fact that it has some replay value. (you can finish all the levels..... then go back and try to finish them before "night" to upgrade your castle). It's a mix of strategy and time management. I've only played on the first (of what looks like 4) different "islands" and each island had several levels on it. During my short demo I was asked to:

Collect wood
collect gold
Build a cottage (gives an extra worker)
Build a farm (gives 1 food every minute)
Build a mill (forgot how many wood it produces)
Build a temple
Pick flowers
Plant flowers
fix the road(s)
fix the bridge(s)
clear debris on the road

Each of these things required a certain amount of food/wood/gold to complete.
Also, there is a bonus at the bottom of the screen. So far it has made the worker go faster/stopped time/gave an additional worker for 30 seconds.

I'm hoping that there are more and more things to do/build/etc. I plan on purchasing this game with my next availible credit.
I would Definitely recommend this game.... if nothing else, demo it.

Cptduzer
Flounder
Flounder
2,474 Posts

[Post New]by Cptduzer on Jul 21, 09 9:45 AM
Thanks for the reviews !
I was curious as to how it could be like wild tribe and mystic emporium at the same time, since those two are nothing alike. I like mystic emporium style of TM, I don't like the strategy, build a lot, style of TM - so I really appreciate your comments!!!

[Post New]by Cole2517 on Jul 21, 09 1:11 PM
I just finished the demo and I made it to the second island of the game. I enjoyed what I have played so far and will now have to buy a credit because I can't wait for the next billing cycle to finish this game.

chimenesryan
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by chimenesryan on Jul 21, 09 2:25 PM
Same here, as to making it to the 2nd island in the first hour.

Am about to buy just debating whether I should now or wait lol.

Loving the game, though, very easy to go through, nicely guided (I think) as well.

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Jul 21, 09 2:52 PM
This game is adorable--and it seemingly came out of nowhere (at least, I don't recall reading anything about it pre-release).

I'm going to face some tough buying decisions this week--because I'm anxious to try out the Bilbo demo as well. So, for now, I'm going to wait and see.

Edited on 07/21/2009 at 2:53:21 PM PST

Elkestra
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,825 Posts

[Post New]by Elkestra on Jul 21, 09 3:37 PM
Well, I played it all the way through to the end. Still got 11 levels I need to get a Gold win on - some of them are tough, especially on the first few play-throughs.

The graphics and music are cute, as is the story. Some of the story writing made me grin, which was a nice change from cursing as I missed a gold target.

I only failed a level once (and the dragon flew across, which was a nice touch), though I had a fair swathe of silvers on the map when I finally completed the game. I'm working my way back through them to try and get all golds.

ETA: The inter-island 'puzzle' is a jigsaw (which gives you something helpful, in the form of one of the resources getting a permanent +1 - magic food, mgic woodpile, etc). The other 'game' as such is a bit of fun trying to collect all the gold on a maze of paths. There isn't much challenge, but its a nice break, and it can be fun to see if you can get all 4 workers constantly rushing round like ants.

Edited on 07/21/2009 at 3:53:36 PM PST

AnnBy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,653 Posts

[Post New]by AnnBy on Jul 21, 09 3:46 PM
I played the demo and really enjoyed this one. Will be put on my wish list.

I don't have anything new to add. I got to the last level on the first island. I replayed a couple levels to get the gold though.

rebacin
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by rebacin on Jul 21, 09 3:53 PM
I too played the demo- got to the 2nd level and my time was up. probably will end up using a credit for this- as it is a cute game..but easier than build a lot, etc. Seems like it would be good for younger children.

lilyr
Marlin
Marlin
8,137 Posts

[Post New]by lilyr on Jul 21, 09 3:53 PM
This isn't usually my type of game, but from what willow said it sounds like a harder version of Floating Kingdoms (which I liked). Can any one say whether the two games share any characteristics?

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Jul 21, 09 3:54 PM
rebacin wrote:I too played the demo- got to the 2nd level and my time was up. probably will end up using a credit for this- as it is a cute game..but easier than build a lot, etc. Seems like it would be good for younger children.

Yep, I'm 54---and this game is just about right for me.

LindyMac
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by LindyMac on Jul 21, 09 4:35 PM
Finished it just now, expert on all levels, absolutely loved it but found that the last world (ice) was significantly easier than the 3rd world (desert).

[Post New]by loopner74 on Jul 21, 09 4:35 PM
I am either missing something or my game is messed up. I am stuck on level 2.9 and I cannot collect over 20 gold. Once I am at 20, any additional gold I collect doesnt add to my "bank". Any advice or ideas as to whats going on?

kelvy0303
Stingray
Stingray
4,533 Posts

[Post New]by kelvy0303 on Jul 21, 09 5:06 PM
I just played demo and really liked it, and i don't even like time management games. This will be a definite purchase.

phoebe222
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by phoebe222 on Jul 21, 09 10:09 PM
This is a brilliant and cute game. I found it very original. The graphics are very nice. It's not hectic but requires strategy which makes it challenging. Congrats to developers.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Jul 21, 09 11:07 PM
lilyr wrote:This isn't usually my type of game, but from what willow said it sounds like a harder version of Floating Kingdoms (which I liked). Can any one say whether the two games share any characteristics?

It is similar in that you are building but this is the typical gathering stuff of most sims. You build farms for food, you build saw mills for wood etc after gathering the materials from along the sides of the road. Floating Kingdom used mini-games to collect resources so in that way they are very different. Also this game has a much more frantic pace. Floating Kingdoms had a much less stressful vibe, imo.

Cute game, nice graphics, typical TM/Sim/Builder game play, not for me.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Jul 21, 09 11:19 PM
DonnyDJ wrote: Wonderburg (this game is made by the same people as My Kingdom for the Princess)

Wonderburg is made by Shiny Tales. This is made by Nevosoft. Both are Russian based but I couldn't find any link between the two when googling except a review of Wonderburg on the Russian Nevosoft website (they also publish and distribute games apparently). In fact the Nevosoft site (the USA version) doesn't even offer Wonderburg, so don't think they are affiliated.

Go to: