Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Shrouded Tales: Revenge of Shadows Collector’s Edition

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jul 18, 15 12:36 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 07/18/2015 at 2:46:14 AM PST

WaltzingFish
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Shrouded Tales: Revenge of Shadows Collector’s Edition

[Post New]by WaltzingFish on Jul 18, 15 1:17 AM
Playing on Mac, 10.10.4

All text boxes are blank. Quite a challenge to make a choice from options, choose the level you want to play, but I'd rather be challenged in the game.
The trend continues: blank text boxes in the game.

On the title page I get "Sammleredition" instead of "Collector's Edition". Although I live in a German speaking country, I would like to play in English.

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Shrouded Tales: Revenge of Shadows Collector’s Edition

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Jul 18, 15 2:47 AM
Hi Everyone,

If there's trouble with getting Shrouded Tales: Revenge of Shadows Collector's Edition to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

Often, we can provide a known solution for technical issues in the Forums and some of our tech savvy pond residents may also swim by with good tips and suggestions. We're unable to provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team because the Forums are not well suited for the type of information-gathering and troubleshooting that's needed in order to correct issues of this nature.

If you're unable to get a game working properly using our Help pages or the tips posted here, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact Customer Support on the front page of our Help pages section.

Contacting Customer Support will help us to gather necessary information on what types of systems are being affected by the problem and to share this information with the developer in order to work towards a fix.

Whenposting in this thread and also when contacting Customer Support, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgWaimea

Frezo
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Frezo on Jul 18, 15 6:08 AM
same here, no text at all, and "Sammleredition" (I am from Switzerland, German Part)
what a pity, I hope for a fix soon.

Also playing on a MACBook.

Edited on 07/18/2015 at 6:13:23 AM PST

Frezo
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Frezo on Jul 18, 15 6:54 AM
Hi just found out, when you change the language to english on your MAC, game is showing text, and it says collector edition :-).

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

[Post New]by 9otters on Jul 18, 15 9:53 AM
Experiencing issues with "framed" info being covered by the frame when using the "secret scroll".

edit: Sigh. Got another one. Chapter 5, the Oasis District. HOP needs blue ink. Switched to inventory to get the blue ink. Entire inventory vanished. No blue ink means I can't complete the HOP. Backed out, re-entered. Nothing. Dead end.

edit: Finally got my inventory back. Now I'm at the tram in the bonus game. The only item in my inventory is an uncharged amplifier. Hint doesn't work. Tram doesn't work. NO active areas on the map.

edit: Thanks to help from the fantastic forum, I found out that, even after replacing the two small orbs, I missed transporting the large orb on the back of the tram from the dark world to the light world. Still, the map SHOULD have shown that as an active area and the hint should have led me to the problem. All it said was "check engine" when I was INSIDE the tram. NOTHING when I was outside.

Contacting customer service for replacement.

PC, running Windows 7 Home Professional, 64 bit

Edited on 07/21/2015 at 9:31:48 PM PST

swedane
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
494 Posts

[Post New]by swedane on Jul 18, 15 3:15 PM
After getting the gas canister in the Tech Area, I wasn't able retrieve the metal coil. With that, the hint system quit working.

Windows 8.1 Pro - 64 bit

caput
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by caput on Jul 18, 15 3:41 PM
The game froze solid just after I retrieved the second thingy for the magic device.

HYDEPARK4
Minnow
Minnow
270 Posts

[Post New]by HYDEPARK4 on Jul 18, 15 3:51 PM
Glitch alert- In the tech area cannot get the spring by the gas canister. The hint system also quit working.
Patch please

Too many of these instances recently

firebird40
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by firebird40 on Jul 18, 15 4:24 PM
glitch in tech area - won't let me pick up spring, hint is no longer working.

Windows 8

HYDEPARK4
Minnow
Minnow
270 Posts

[Post New]by HYDEPARK4 on Jul 18, 15 6:25 PM
Get the spring first off. then repair the tanks and get the gas -- otherwise you get this fatal glitch. I had to start over.

BFG- getting very tired of these glitch games!!

TECH ISSUES for Shrouded Tales: Revenge of Shadows CE

[Post New]by SafetyDeb on Jul 18, 15 8:05 PM
I'm stuck at the Tech World on this game and cannot proceed to District 3 because the spring I got at the gas canisters along with my inventory of stuff disappeared and right after that the hint button didn't work either but I had not pushed it yet so not sure if it ever worked? I saw others saying similar stuff - does this mean I have to start over too? CRAP! Now all my achievements are going to have to be done over and this sucks. While its nice to see someone posted the exact way to get the spring so it doesn't glitch out on us - I did it right the first time so my thinking is that this is a roulette glitch no matter how a body does it.

Are yall fixing it?

Thanks,
Deb

swedane
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
494 Posts

[Post New]by swedane on Jul 18, 15 8:07 PM
HYDEPARK4 wrote:Get the spring first off. then repair the tanks and get the gas -- otherwise you get this fatal glitch. I had to start over.

BFG- getting very tired of these glitch games!!

Thanks Hydepark4, I'll give it a go!
-------------------------------------------
Hi Hydepark4, your suggestion worked!

How totally frustrating that some parts of the game has to be played in a linear fashion.

Info for other fishes. Before filling up the GAS TANK. Make sure you get the metal spring from the Tech area.
Highlight SPOILER:
Take the hose off the fat - red & blue - gas tank, insert it into the box with the coil and blow it up.

Thanks again for your help!

Edited on 07/18/2015 at 11:27:02 PM PST

WaltzingFish
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by WaltzingFish on Jul 18, 15 9:25 PM
Frezo wrote:Hi just found out, when you change the language to english on your MAC, game is showing text, and it says collector edition :-).

Thanks Frezo!

This worked!

[Post New]by Stardancer001 on Jul 19, 15 12:56 AM
Frezo wrote:Hi just found out, when you change the language to english on your MAC, game is showing text, and it says collector edition :-).

But that's ridiculous. I'm not going to change my system language for a game.

Power Mac Pro, Mac OS X 10.4.4

Edited on 07/19/2015 at 12:57:43 AM PST

HYDEPARK4
Minnow
Minnow
270 Posts

[Post New]by HYDEPARK4 on Jul 19, 15 9:54 AM
Another glitz, cannot recharge the amplifier after using it once!! Will not restart this very glitchy game
PLEASE REPOND TO ALL THESE TECH ISSUES -BIG FISH GAME MODERATOR.

swedane
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
494 Posts

[Post New]by swedane on Jul 19, 15 3:55 PM
HYDEPARK4 wrote:Another glitz, cannot recharge the amplifier after using it once!! Will not restart this very glitchy game
PLEASE REPOND TO ALL THESE TECH ISSUES -BIG FISH GAME MODERATOR.

That is definitely NOT a GLITCH! See the comment in your previous post: "Yet another glitch." and "Bonus Chapter - Sky Rail."

Edited on 07/19/2015 at 3:59:05 PM PST

[Post New]by Myztical85 on Jul 19, 15 5:39 PM
I purchsed the game today & it won't d/l so I can play it. Why not?

[Post New]by valkyrieinaus on Jul 20, 15 12:03 AM
I had same problem with the spring, deleted the game downloaded it again ...now im stuck at the nails .... straightened all of them but when i went to put them on ladder i only had 3 nails went back to anvil thinking i had forgotten to pick it up ....no nail ... im really getting frustrated with all the gliches in the games recently bigfish you have to do something about this thankyou

crypsynight
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by crypsynight on Jul 20, 15 9:25 AM
Near end of game. Engine is fully charged on sky tram.
Yet when i pull the lever it tells me to check the engine.
All i have in inventory is uncharged amplifier.

Running win7 professional

Go to: