Keys?

[Post New]by CLee1011 on Jul 18, 15 9:25 AM
Does anyone know how you get keys? Is it just random that they pop up on a level and you have to click on them?

Re:Keys?

[Post New]by Shadesi on Jul 22, 15 3:48 AM
I've been wondering the same thing. I've replayed levels where I earned keys before but don't get them now. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with how quickly I complete portions of the order, or anything else predictable that I can see.

wabtm
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by wabtm on Jul 23, 15 12:51 AM
I am wondering if you replay levels that you have already completed then can you get keys. I do not mind replaying some of the earlier easier levels to get some keys.

greymalk
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by greymalk on Jul 23, 15 5:41 AM
I am not sure how to get enough keys to keep up with the needed upgrades. I have gotten three stars on most of the levels but I am stuck on the level to get the feather. I can't complete in the time given but I don't have the keys to upgrade the sausage maker. Not sure what to do other than wait for keys as gifts. Any ideas?

[Post New]by EPF4CATSBK on Jul 23, 15 6:08 AM
Feather? which level is that one? I've gotten all the way up to the tomestone with the ? on it and have replayed all levels over and over again and wondering if you found a way to get to a level that I can't get to yet.

Wish there were Level Numbers so we could tell where we are.

[Post New]by CLee1011 on Jul 25, 15 2:40 PM
I know you can buy keys with green gems, but I don't seem to have enough green gems. I get them sporadically from tournaments, but there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to most of the things that happen in this game!

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Jul 25, 15 5:00 PM
CLee1011 wrote:I know you can buy keys with green gems, but I don't seem to have enough green gems. I get them sporadically from tournaments, but there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to most of the things that happen in this game!

You can get keys in daily prizes, daily gifts, and playing levels. They don't seem to come around too often. This is probably intentional on the developers part. One of those things in the FTP games that they make harder to get in hopes that you will end up spending real $. If you don't want to spend $ then you'll need to replay levels and hope that they show up. When you see one make sure you click on it ASAP as I don't know if they disappear like eggs and other stuff do if you don't pick them up right away.

juliesherris
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by juliesherris on Aug 5, 15 5:57 AM
If you go back & replay the lower levels for the keys, once you have clicked the key, you can exit the level - you don't have to play the whole level through.

It's a quick way of grabbing the keys to collect them for all the upgrades

unclepaul
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
467 Posts

[Post New]by unclepaul on Sep 27, 15 4:31 PM
Have taken to playing the levels again from 3 onwards. It is about 3-4 where you start getting the keys.

Sometimes you have to play a particular level up to 3 times to get a key.
Have found that some levels give 2 keys and just today on level 20 (1 after the Milk House) I got 3 keys.
This is the first time I have managed 3 keys on a level.

Sometimes the key may not appear til the last couple of seconds and I have found a few times that a key has just appeared as I have clicked on the last item needed to complete that level.

[Post New]by sixmillionyrsago on Oct 10, 15 5:49 PM
I replay the game for a challenge, sometimes do not get keys, though. However, if I just want to get a bunch of keys or do not feel like being challenged, I play level 6, which is the one found in front of the sausage stand. This one almost ALWAYS gives me a key. I'll admit, there are times it won't and once, I played 3 times before it gave me one, but mostly it's my go-to level. Easy but can get boring.
Good luck!

Edited on 10/12/2015 at 7:15:21 AM PST

Go to: