timothya
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

Re:Drawn: The Painted Tower comments and reviews

[Post New]by timothya on Sep 16, 09 8:19 PM
First time poster but I've been with BFG since the first MCF but this one finally drew me into the forum. Brilliant game! Great atmosphere, great music, sympathetic characters, and stunning artwork. Didn't bother with the trial since the trailer blew me away. The game lived up to it, too. My thanks to the developers, because this one was really top-notch.

This seems silly, but the best part of the game to me was Iris's little half-visible note. A tiny detail, and many may have missed it, but it's just one of those things that separates the really best games from the rest. Can't wait for the sequel.

Drawn: The Painted Tower comments and reviews

[Post New]by Tori29 on Sep 17, 09 5:53 AM
OMG!!!!! I'm one of the biggest criticizers when it comes to games, because I am an avid gamer. I am an adventure seeker, always looking for something new and interesting. I played Return to Ravenhurst, and found that there was no other game out there comparable to this.....UNTIL NOW! I just finished this game without walk-thrus and found this to be the most addicting, tedious, most beautiful game played from Big Fish! I Highly Recommend this game to anyone looking to 'do something'. Heck, I even took the day off work today to finish playing this game. Will there be a part 2 to this game? If not, PLEASE CONSIDER IT!!!!!
I'VE FOUND NO GLITCHES, HICCUPS, OR anything remotely close to something hindering my game play! I didn't like going into and out of the paintings, as it took a while. Other than that...I'm hooked. And now that it's still very early yet, and I took the day off...what am I supposed to do??? I need something as adventurous as this game. I guess I'll settle for the 60 minuters <~~~lol and see what I can find to buy! Thanks BFG you get 100 stars from me, and 50 thumbs up!!!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by Zuccini on Sep 17, 09 9:20 AM

Fantastic game!
The graphics are fabulous, made me think of Tim Burton whose films are also like a dark fairytale

Gameplay not so hard, but nevertheless it was more than great.

Thank you!

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 17, 09 12:01 PM
> Will there be a part 2 to this game? If not, PLEASE CONSIDER IT!!!!!

Part 2 of a series is already in the works. It will probably take about a year between chapters.

[Post New]by em2009 on Sep 17, 09 1:29 PM
I have a question that the walkthrough doesn't seem to address. I'm at Once Upon a Time. I have the page of symbols and the torch. I need to put the torch into the bracket on the left side of the wall. My problem is that it won't go into the bracket. I've tried dozens of times, and it just won't take the torch. (I was able to put the torch into a bracket in an earlier part of the game.)

Is this a glitch in the game? Am I supposed to be doing something different here? It's quite frustrating.

Thanks,
Em2009

[Post New]by brownesuga1 on Sep 17, 09 2:51 PM
hey this is a great game. I only played it for about ten minutes and I was hooked. great job on this guys!!

[Post New]by Martysgirl26 on Sep 17, 09 4:38 PM
This is a good game. The puzzels are fun and not too hard or too easy. Good story line, nice graphics and the music is not that annoying.

[Post New]by tazmania65 on Sep 17, 09 5:11 PM
Bought the game without even trying it. I LOVED it!!!!! Very challenging, tuff puzzles to solve and beautiful art work, amazing! Finished in two nights. Man, this was a really good game!!!!!! I couldn't stop playing. My guess is that there is a part 2 to this story, because the girl disappears into a book and the bad king then says, "Find the book!" So I can't wait for the next part. Hurry you creators of Drawn, I would love to find out what happens next!

[Post New]by sharmmie on Sep 18, 09 7:19 AM
hi any 1 help me im stuck on the picture with the bugs in the tree n dont what to do next any1 helpppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

[Post New]by hideaway on Sep 18, 09 10:06 AM
I am in Once Upon A Time scene and I can't get the torch to stay on the bracket to the left. I have tried a million times and it won't go there. Anyone for a little help?
Thanks
Hideaway

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 18, 09 10:39 AM
Since this is a comments thread, any help would be a spoiler to someone who hasn't played. Please ask in the main forum.

[Post New]by JoMaMaMo on Sep 18, 09 11:24 AM
This is one of, if not the most beautiful and compelling games I have ever played at BF!!! It is really a work of art, on so many levels. I enjoyed every minute and cannot wait for, hopefully, the next one!

themaestro023
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by themaestro023 on Sep 18, 09 12:57 PM
All I can say is 'Excellent'. Best game I've played in a long while. I hope there's a second one in the pipeline?

tunaontoast
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,449 Posts

[Post New]by tunaontoast on Sep 18, 09 4:31 PM
WOW!!!! Dark and beautiful graphics, hauntingly lovely music and awesome story line. RTR is still my favorite, but this is close. Looking forward to the next one. (both games of course)

Edited on 09/22/2009 at 5:13:46 PM PST

KICKI56
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by KICKI56 on Sep 18, 09 7:18 PM
Magnificent in every way. The graphics are outstanding. The game play is fabulous. I would gladly pay $20 for this game. One of the most enjoyable games I have played.

GoddessOdd
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by GoddessOdd on Sep 18, 09 7:31 PM
I am a pretty tough customer, and not easily pleased, but Drawn has lots to recommend it. Love the music. I LOVE that I can skip any puzzle I want...this is a feature that more games should have. Games are meant to be fun, not frustrating, and if I skip a puzzle this time, I will have something new next time I play. The flow is nice, the art is beautiful and the hints are great...I love that you get little nudges rather than one big hint...sometimes I only need one, sometimes all three. I am giving this game 10 of 10 stars

mst3kr
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by mst3kr on Sep 18, 09 9:26 PM
Wow!! BFG has REALLY stepped up their game with Drawn. Fantastic imagery, great music, intriguing storyline, and satisfying puzzling for the casual gamer. This has all the elements of adventures games like Return to Ravenhearst, with maybe a little smidge of Myst thrown in. This felt like it was something out of a Tim Burton studio. Dark & quirky, yet fun & exciting, and different from just about anything out there. Being a hardcore Hidden Object, and a casual adventure game gamer, I bought Drawn sight unseen given the extraordinary video, reviews, and appeal of the game, and I was...ahem...drawn immediately into the game. Like Goldilocks with a bowl of porridge, this game was jussssst right. Not too hard, not too easy. You can't ask for anything better than that, right? And did I mention it was fantastic?

If I could draw a few dozen thumbs up, I would! Until then, I guess I'll just have to settle for my own two. Kudos BFG!!!!

Now, no more dilly-dallying. Get a sequel out, post haste!!

Edited on 09/18/2009 at 9:30:48 PM PST

[Post New]by Gourmand on Sep 19, 09 12:02 AM
Just loved the game! Can't wait the sequel...

MollyMeow
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by MollyMeow on Sep 19, 09 7:16 AM
Kudos to the creators....well done! I'm pretty good at this sort of game, but took me over 6 hours to complete....with the help of lots of hints and one peek at the walkthrough when I was completely stumped toward the end. The ONLY complaint is that, as I'm in a rush to move on at times, there is no way that I know of to skip some of the story line. However, it's well worth going through at the pace set by the creators. This game ranks high on my list of recommendations!

Playful61
Clownfish
Clownfish
846 Posts

[Post New]by Playful61 on Sep 19, 09 9:19 AM
sharmmie wrote:hi any 1 help me im stuck on the picture with the bugs in the tree n dont what to do next any1 helpppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

do you have the sketch of the cardinal?
sorry, hope that wasn't a 'spoiler'

If at first you can't find the answer, try another approach! This game is wonderful in that it has some interesting quirks that aren't always straight line logical

Edited on 09/19/2009 at 9:23:19 AM PST

Go to: