Re:PuppetShow: Mystery of Joyville ™ comments and reviews

[Post New]by Precious5881 on Jun 4, 10 11:41 PM
After only 2 hours, I've beat the game. In my opinion it was to short. Once I got into the game, it ended. If I would have known that beating it was just around the corner after my 1 hour trial, I wouldn't have spent 7.00 on it.

ggxgp
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by ggxgp on Jun 5, 10 8:18 PM
Enjoyed the story line and graphics.
A little too easy and way too short.

kelnjor
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,088 Posts

[Post New]by kelnjor on Jun 8, 10 12:13 AM
What a great game, beautiful graphics, interesting storyline, the only bad thing i could say about it was it was too easy, and a bit too short..i would have completed in 2 hours, and that was without any hints/help or skipping..just when i was getting right into it..but still a fab game, and i will be buying the sequel for sure when it is a SE..

[Post New]by c_loo_less on Jun 14, 10 7:10 AM
This game is absolutely beautiful - unique and imaginative story line, gorgeous to look at, and utterly engaging. It would be perfect if there was just more to it! Once you solve it - you're done. That's the only downside. If this game had more levels and/or mysteries to solve, I could play for days and days and never get tired of it.

I am really looking forward to the new PuppetShow game - but I probably won't invest in the Collector's Edition because based on my experience with the current game, I really need more than a couple of days' worth of gameplay.

So, how about it, BFG? Any plans to make a full-blown, large file PuppetShow game? I for one would certainly pay for the chance to play my heart out with more challenges and levels and story lines.

WolfandMoon
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by WolfandMoon on Jun 17, 10 6:38 PM
This was a great game. Fun and refreshing. I found the plot to be nice and unique. Not another dull detective story. I love the story and graphics. Can't wait to play the second game. I hope it's going to be just as good as the first one.

[Post New]by oceanjonesn2 on Jun 25, 10 2:59 PM
I liked this game although I found it really easy. Also for me at least, I had real problems with the "movie" parts. My computer is new and has a great video card. But the part in this game where he is dropped into the cell with Simon takes almost 15 minutes to run through only after finishing all the "conversation" with Simon does it begin in normal speed again. An anomaly. I played it and it was fun but it felt rushed I preferred Return to Ravenhurst and all of the MFC games more. Oh well I bought the sequel first and was disappointed in that ending this ending was better. But oh well can't have everything oh wait we should be able to!

GIMLISAXE
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by GIMLISAXE on Jun 29, 10 5:13 PM
What wonderful graphics, what a great story, what a creepy little puppet. I just wish it had been a little longer. THANKS BFG

iluvmycats63
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

[Post New]by iluvmycats63 on Jul 1, 10 9:29 PM
I must confess I played the second one first and liked it so much I bought it and then I decided I had better Buy this one too .I was not surprised that I would like it as well the game actually plays very smoothly and the story was great ! I hope they make another one so they have three altogether> I really enjoyed the music as well as the scenes... Great work thanks for making a fun game ....

[Post New]by knickknackblue on Jul 21, 10 1:46 AM
After playing Puppet Master: Souls of the Innocent I found out that there was a game before it, so I downloaded this one. After approx. 15 minutes of playing I bought this game, too. I actually think I enjoyed this one more and I would recommend it to anyone who likes HOG/adventure games.

Ceorl
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Ceorl on Jul 25, 10 2:27 AM
Hi,

Joyville, Souls of the 'Innocent', where's the next episode I can't find it.
This series is the darkest yet and people need to be saved. This game is good for more but maybe needs tweaking to a higher level of difficulty for some. Then again, it's a great hidden object game.

thanks,

Ceorl

zuice
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by zuice on Aug 30, 10 2:49 AM

love itttt!!!!

mafabray
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by mafabray on Sep 12, 10 6:46 PM
I was 30 minutes into the demo then something happened and made me start all over. I do think for the 30 minutes I played I got to far too fast. Seems a little to easy.

[Post New]by RenaissanceMom on Sep 25, 10 11:19 PM
Very nice game! As others have pointed out, it evokes RTR and Syberia, two favorites of mine as well. The music is ok, a loop that grows tiresome but easy to lower volume or turn off. The graphics and artwork are crisp and well done, and the story line satisfyingly creepy without being too gruesome. However, the ending is way too abrupt and, well, predictable.

It was fairly easy but I didn't mind - it's fun to not have to work too hard at solving puzzles sometimes. No it wasn't that long but it was still an evening's worth of relaxing fun for me so two thumbs up!

On to the sequel!

Edited on 09/25/2010 at 11:21:04 PM PST

The_Wanderer
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by The_Wanderer on Oct 3, 10 10:04 AM
I enjoyed this game. Yes it wasn't very taxing on the old brain cells but it was enjoyable and the graphics were lovely. I enjoyed the music, it stuck in my head ages after playing it. Would definitely recommend.

calamari7
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

[Post New]by calamari7 on Oct 10, 10 10:30 AM
WOW! What a fantastic game. The art work is extraordinary and clean with exquisite detail everywhere [a beautiful fan for your inventory cache].......it's like you are reading a lovely illustrated fairy tale book or watching a movie. An interesting story scrip that is very linear and logical that didn't need any nudging from the walk through [just follow the "sparkles"]......loved the "you need to explore more here before you move on" prompts to keep me on task . Puzzles were completely "do-able", and HOG scenes were everywhere [ em] This is definitely a quality "you-just-gotta-do-this-one" game!! LOVED IT!!! Wished it had been longer. + 1/2 *smack

dana937
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by dana937 on Oct 14, 10 1:40 AM
funkeymonkey69 wrote:
cluefinder wrote:I like the game however I am "stuck" and can't seem to get anywhere from here. Not sure what to do. Every door I go through I have finished all the clues, yet when I am in front of the big house and I try to leave that scene, it tells I must finish the investigation. I have 2 objects in TOOLS, a red ruin and the sheet music. I cannot proceed anywhere to use them. Does anyone have help for me?
im stuck exactly the same ! please help, feel a bit useless as everyone else seems to have no problem except us two.

Don't worry--you're not alone. I've clicked all over the lobby and the upstairs room without coming up with anything besides the notes and the Hidden Object Games i've already completed.
When i try to exit through the front door, i get a message that i first need to look around for more clues. Anyone care to offer a hint as to how i find more in these first two rooms or get out of them?

bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Oct 19, 10 5:26 AM
Hi dana937,

I'm not too sure what is or isn't in your inventory but you can try checking out the complete walkthrough here to see if you're missing any important items or there's something you need to pick up

Hope this helps,

bfgImbrium

mystine
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by mystine on Nov 10, 10 12:21 AM
I just finished this game, and loved it! The graphics were beautiful...creepy and spooky at times...especially toward the end, but very well thought out. Some of the game play was easy...but some was more difficult so it all evened out. I thought the music score was wonderful and totally appropriate for the story. Well done ERS! Nice ending that leads you wanting more! Absolutely worth having!

Edited on 11/10/2010 at 12:23:44 AM PST

[Post New]by sjoycesam_1997 on Nov 13, 10 6:30 AM
I am haveing trouble getting into the cemetary. I got one mask but cannot get the other. How did you get it?

[Post New]by sjoycesam_1997 on Nov 14, 10 6:29 PM
I need help with the cemetary. I cannot get in, in order to get the second mask. Can you help. thanks

Go to: