Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Anyone?

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jul 19, 15 2:16 PM
Is there anyone out there that is willing to take on the Reviews or Tech Issues threads on a daily basis?

I took over this from Catbag, previously from Pond Prowler but cannot now take the hatred from some BFG members who persistantly send me nasty PM messages.

I am sorry to upset any one , I will continue to post tomorrow and maybe the next day, after that I am persona non gratis.

In the main, I have made a lot of friends who I hope to continue talking with but I am no longer able to deal with the enormous amount of the negative posts.

Daxallion

Edited on 07/19/2015 at 2:23:54 PM PST

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

Re:Anyone?

[Post New]by tookat on Jul 19, 15 11:23 PM
I am really sorry to hear people are still being mean to anyone who is willing to stay awake and get the ball rolling on those threads.

I suppose if none of us do that, that the mods will take it up again, but there really is no excuse for being mean to someone who chooses to do this for the community.

Hugs to you Dax for putting up with them.
I think I would have blocked anyone who sent my a rude PM and reported them to the mods as well.
If you did not....then they are lucky.

swedane
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
494 Posts

[Post New]by swedane on Jul 20, 15 12:16 AM
I too am truly sorry to hear about you being bullied by some un-named BFG members!
Sadly, due to the same problem, quite a few long-standing members has quit the forum.

We actually use to have fun in this here forum, not so much any more. I also quit my 8 year membership and went elsewhere. Not due to being personally bullied, more so for the ever consistent negative postings.

I agree fully with tookat's post about blocking and reporting any rude or nasty PM.

Take care and thank you for all the midnight hours you spent getting the forum started!

Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jul 20, 15 8:52 AM
Hi Tookat & Swedane

Thank you for your replies they cheered me up a lot.

@Tookat - I have now gone through my PM box and blocked a few BFG members.

@Swedane - Like you I detest the negative comments. I have also noticed that there are a lot more of the 'thumbs down' on the game page reviews which depresses me, I wish BFG would remove the NO button.

I have had no response from anyone willing to take over so I will probably continue and be ruthless by blocking anyone who is negative or rude.

By the way - I don't stay up until midnight as I live in the UK so get the TGT at 8am my time. This is perfect for me as I am usually awake at 5am UK time thanks to my 5 , walk my dogs then shop and am back at my desk by 8am.

Dax xx

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

[Post New]by 9otters on Jul 20, 15 10:30 AM
Daxadillion

I don't think you are ruthless to block unwanted negative comments. That kind of response is totally uncalled for. Sad that it has to be there, but the "block" button is there for a reason.

I'm usually (but not always) up at that hour due to sleep issues and I'm always thankful for a game to demo and an open forum to talk about it.

It never occurred to me that you are a VOLUNTEER. I'm sorry that it has turned out to be a thankless job so...here is a WAY past due THANK you!

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Jul 20, 15 7:28 PM
9otters it has always been a Volunteer post...as far as I know.
"Volunteer" as in the first person to post a tech issue or review generally started those threads.

The Orphaned started doing it on a regular basis, but that made a lot of people angry and jealous for some odd reason.....and it didn't help that she often used language that seemed to present herself as a BF employee.

Still....there have been four or five people who did it on a regular volunteer basis and it makes absolutely no sense for anyone to be rude at them....except some people want to be.

That is why I think that anyone being rude to Dax.....or anyone else doing this, is reported to Big Fish as well blocked from one's PM list.
Maybe BF can finally see who the irritants are and block them from the forums.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Jul 20, 15 7:35 PM
Dax.....You have 5 cats?
No wonder you are awake at that time.
Better than any alarm clock.....much more persistent.....and fuzzy to boot.

Then again....my experience of dogs, is that they want their walk, when they are used to having it as well.
Someone is always up at 7 in the morning here to let my caretakers' dog out....almost like clockwork....and we are a household of nightowls.....

I have thought about starting the threads.....but there are too many nights when I find myself asleep before BF changes the game....but usually, I am up around then eagerly looking to see what the new game will be.....but even though I am hard hearted enough to report and block ANYbody that rains on my parade.....I don't need the extra stress of keeping to a regular schedule.

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

[Post New]by 9otters on Jul 20, 15 8:34 PM
tookat sid,

That is why I think that anyone being rude to Dax.....or anyone else doing this, is reported to Big Fish as well blocked from one's PM list.

Taking the extra step and reporting the offender to BFG would REALLY be a "heads up" for anyone tempted to rant in the wrong direction.

Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jul 21, 15 8:34 AM
Tookat

Yes I have 5

Quinn (big boy), Harley (cuddly girl), Les Miserables - aka Miz (she was named by my 5th grandson who she still hates). Chance (baby boy who has already used up 4 of his 9 lives) and finally Kattoo (transgender) she is all black, quite small and dainty, unless the ginger tom or fluffy giant comes into the house and then he turns into The Rock!

You are so right about the dogs, breakfast is at 6am and our walk starts no later than 6.30, and woe betide me if I am one minute late!

Ruled by my pets but it keeps the day flowing, even on Saturdays and Sundays.

kandinsky
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

Who are Hidden Object Game Players?

[Post New]by kandinsky on Jul 21, 15 9:22 AM
(sent this as a private message now here with slight edit)
I am sorry to hear of the vile responses you have gotten
for your job well done.
I would have thought that people who liked this sort of game
were thoughtful , somewhat meditative, types --perhaps a
fair proportion of retired folks with some time on their hands--
but in general not the kind who throw beer cans at the television
when they dont like an outcome in some sports event.

It seems I am not quite right about that..
it makes me wonder about the appeal
of these games...
why are people with short fuses and limited available kindness
drawn to these games?
no answers here, if you have any advise, but mainly be well
and may all unpurged sad images recede in days to come
and the game be but pleasure for you...

1357wc
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
453 Posts

[Post New]by 1357wc on Jul 22, 15 12:38 AM
You have done a great job getting the forum started. It's only a couple of sentences for tech and review. How can people be offended for this. I betcha I know who?? Probably the people I blocked from PM's and reported to the Moderators. I sent a copy of their messages. They were not on for quite awhile, returned and got snarky again. So I reported again.............haven't seen them in a while. Guess they have to go behind the scenes to irritate people.

moondances
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by moondances on Jul 23, 15 2:39 AM
Hi, Dax-I, also, have 5 cats-All rescues and all so sweet (except the 2 who hate each other-I remind them daily that they are lucky to be here, loved & fed & safe so knock off the growling)-I want to add my TY to you for the work you do here-BFG has certainly changed since I started-Ignore the nay-sayers, they aren't worth the extra thought-Take care

JoFin
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by JoFin on Jul 23, 15 2:16 PM
Dax, I so sorry to hear of your mistreatment especially for a volunteer position, but I do miss your reviews, they were always so informative and packed with all the data I needed to know whether to even play the demo. Thanks for all your time and help.

[Post New]by shelterhill on Jul 28, 15 1:38 PM
I have four cats, used to have six, but they let me sleep, thankfully
I trained them well or more likely I'm very lucky.
But I am sorry to hear about this pm stuff. Why are people doing that?? What's the point??

I hope you continue!!

fatandfrumpy
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by fatandfrumpy on Sep 16, 15 2:33 PM
If they are so ill mannered as to post mean stuff, just boot them. In the years I have been a Fish I use the forums constantly for help and to see if there is anyone I can help. I APPRECIATE these forums and cannot understand why the need for nasty. I once suggested we have a general forum so I could do a Thankee to all the great people who make this fun. Snide remarks are always easier when anonymous! Thanks again for your time.

Go to: