xssa
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

Re:the detective book

[Post New]by xssa on Aug 31, 08 3:13 PM
this quiestion is answered later in the forum. you have to finish the whole word correctly before ti turns green. something about necklace, ice, port. try that.

JessF
Clownfish
Clownfish
773 Posts

[Post New]by JessF on Aug 31, 08 4:06 PM
I decoded the messsage w/o a problem but am now stuck.

hint tells me to use the pen on the requisition form, but when I try I'm told not to write on this. There is nothing to do in any of the other rooms.

Help please! Thanks

nixyseven
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by nixyseven on Sep 1, 08 12:51 PM
Thanks, realtuff, that helped!

It took me forever to see the tiny [x] a the top right corner to shut the form after solving the words.

Eesh.

[Post New]by BattyStep on Sep 1, 08 8:56 PM
Okay, I've repaired the mail system, I have the tube, and I have the requisition form with the check mark on it. I'm thinking I should somehow mail the requisition form, but I can't put it and the mail tube together. Am I missing something, or am I completely on the wrong track? The hint makes it look like I should mail something, but I can't go from here. How frustrating!

Thanks!

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Sep 1, 08 10:17 PM
solara wrote:I am just wondering if there could be a glitch in the cryptogram? When you get into it Titus gives instructions and I got the impression you could decode letter by letter, but not so, you have to figure out the whole word for it to work. Has anyone else had this thought?
Not sure I'm clear on what you mean by having to decode the whole word, but that was not the case for me, I solved letter by letter. I don't remember if the letters turned green when you found the right one, I don't think so, but they will fill in across the puzzle and you can figure from there, you don't need to complete one word then move on to the next, is what I mean. But I may be misunderstanding what you mean?

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Sep 1, 08 10:20 PM
BattyStep wrote:Okay, I've repaired the mail system, I have the tube, and I have the requisition form with the check mark on it. I'm thinking I should somehow mail the requisition form, but I can't put it and the mail tube together. Am I missing something, or am I completely on the wrong track? The hint makes it look like I should mail something, but I can't go from here. How frustrating!

Thanks!
I know you have to click in the correct order: either the tube onto the form or the form onto the tube, or it won't work. This one frustrated me, because I had tried to put tube and form together and it hadn't worked, but it was because I clicked in the wrong order. If you have the form in the tube, you send it from the office where the safety deposit boxes are, if you have repaired the system, by clicking the tube onto the folded out shoot thing and pulling a lever I believe?.

Go to: