bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Claws & Feathers 2 here

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jul 20, 15 7:43 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

pita1234
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Claws & Feathers 2 here

[Post New]by pita1234 on Jul 20, 15 12:52 PM
Interesting - I played this fine from another site last week, but it won't open for me through BF. Obviously, not my computer (Windows XP).

bethy829
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by bethy829 on Jul 20, 15 8:48 PM
Game will not run. Just get a white screen with this message.
Access Violation 0097B2B6 in module Claws and Feathers 2.exe. Read address of
Desktop computer with Windows Vista. I Beta Tested the game several weeks ago and reported this problem so was hopeful that it had been solved, but apparently not.

The game runs fine on my work computer and laptop which both have Windows 7 so I'm thinking it's a Vista problem. Oh Well I guess "2 out of 3 Ain't Bad "

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jul 21, 15 12:23 PM
Hi pita1234 and bethy829,

I'm sorry that you are experiencing issues with this particular game. I definitely want you to be able to play your purchased game.

pita1234, since the game seems to not want to open, it may be helpful to look at the following help article for hints:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

bethy829, I'm sorry to hear that you are seeing an access violation error message. It is recommended to look at the following help article for hints:

Access Violation

If you find that you are still having issues, please reach out to our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. They are always willing to offer any troubleshooting steps they have.

bfgBellerophon

Sherry__Rose
Minnow
Minnow
233 Posts

[Post New]by Sherry__Rose on Jul 22, 15 1:33 PM
I run Windows 7, and this game won't play on it. It starts to play, then the screen destabilizes, then it goes to patterns that look like a video card problem, but my video card is fine and up to date. I betaed this one with no problem until after I had filled out the survey, then the same thing happened. I bought the original Claws & Feathers, and it won't play on either of my Win 7 computers. It shows the patterns on this one and crashes my laptop. When I sent in my Dr. Felix on the original game, I was told it had technical problems, and I was sent a coupon for another game. I don't want another game -- I want these! They're amazingly fun.

P.S. I have hundreds of games from Big Fish, and I'm on the internet all the time. I've never had any problem anywhere like this one.

Edited on 07/22/2015 at 1:34:33 PM PST

[Post New]by blupancake on Jul 22, 15 10:06 PM
I have the original Claws & Feathers and it runs fine - and I tried this game on another site (Anwar) and it worked fine ( just like pia1234) but when I try to play it on the big fish site I get the same message as Bethany829 Game will not run. Just get a white screen with this message.
Access Violation 0097B2B6 in module Claws and Feathers 2.exe. Read address of
00000008 .
I already sent Dr. Felix to tech support and got a form letter and a free game...I want this game not different one. The game works on other sites why not on big fish? HELP>

skpjazz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
491 Posts

[Post New]by skpjazz on Jul 23, 15 12:35 PM
i agree with blupancake, why does this game run fine on my computer (w/Windows XP) from another gamesite and not from BFG? I had the exact same problem with white screen and access violations. I, of course tried reinstalling it a couple of times.

I didn't want to go to another gamesite to purchase, because I would rather stay with BFG, but I really LOVE this game, and I had no choice.

I'm not complaining for the sake of complaining (there has been too much of that lately), but I would like an explanation of what the problem may be. As I said, I would rather purchase my games from BFG, as I have been a loyal member for several years now. I really prefer the "mechanics" on this site. I am grateful for these forums to be able to communicate all types of issues, as well.

So....any insight or response would be appreciated.

[Post New]by tkhinkle123 on Jul 29, 15 3:21 AM
Level 53 I can't feed the cat from the right hand side of the game. I have fed all the fish from the left side, so I can't go any further.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Jul 29, 15 6:56 AM
tkhinkle123 wrote:Level 53 I can't feed the cat from the right hand side of the game. I have fed all the fish from the left side, so I can't go any further.

Welcome to the pond!

I think I might have had the same problem when I played this board the first time. If that's the one where the cat is in the center of the board, notice that he's lying on 2 squares. To feed him the fish from the right side of the board, you have to put the fish on the right square of the cat. If you overshoot and try to put the fish on the left square of the cat, the game won't let you put the fish there for some reason. Not sure if the fish on the left side can only go on the left square, but on a replay I was aiming for the side of the cat the fish were coming from and it worked.

[Post New]by Gramma26 on Aug 20, 15 12:24 PM
I am getting the same blank screen and access violation error message as others who have posted here. My computer is completely up to date with the latest DirectX, yada, yada. I have Windows 7 Professional and a 64 bit system. This game runs fine on my laptop, but I play most often on my desktop, which is where I am having the problem. I have recently purchased, and played some demos of other games and have had no problems with them. It must be this game. Hope they come up with a patch soon.

Go to: