bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Claws & Feathers 2 here

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jul 20, 15 7:44 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Claws & Feathers 2 here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Claws & Feathers 2.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

Janette5
Clownfish
Clownfish
518 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Claws & Feathers 2 here

[Post New]by Janette5 on Jul 20, 15 9:24 AM
If you've played Claws & Feathers 1 then this game is similar except this one is pirate themed. I haven't played version 1 in so long that I cannot remember it so unfortunately I can't pinpoint the differences.

This is a puzzle game with a lot of strategy. It does have good instructions and goals on each level. You can also turn the tutorial off.

The basics are this:
* Match the birds in groups of 3 by moving them across the board - you can move them anywhere as long as the area is open.
* If you don't make a match then more birds are added. You can stop this by placing a bird on an egg or matching over an egg and then the egg won't hatch.
* Meet the optional goal for gold - that is different every level for example, do it in x amount of moves, or clear the cats or release the birds in chains or clear x amount of the birds off the board.
* Unlock the chests - that is the primary goal and don't do that until you've met the secondary goal if you want gold.

You can take your time to work out a strategy, if I remember in Claws & Feathers 1 there were one or two levels that you had to complete in a certain time but so far I haven't encountered it with this version.

What makes this game so much fun and challenging is that you have to meet the goals while opening your paths and making sure they don't get blocked again. There is always so many decision to make but for me it is fun rather than frustrating. You can also leave off getting gold and move on and then come back to that level later.

What I also liked was that once you've met the goal it disappears so that you are certain you've met it. (The goals are at the bottom left and you can click on them to see them anytime during the game.)

I highly recommend this game. Even if you are generally bored by puzzle games try this one, it isn't boring.

Edit: There was no time in any of the levels at all. In all of them you could take as long as you wanted.

Edited on 07/23/2015 at 12:07:00 AM PST

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Jul 22, 15 10:09 PM
Really nice sequel from what I've seen so far (currently at level 30). There appear to be 68 levels total, which is a bit longer than the first game. Haven't run into any timed levels yet, but plotting the strategy on the limited moves levels is a bit trickier. Maybe it's just because I played the first game so much, but I'm finding this one a bit easier than the original as getting the gold star hasn't been that much a project except for the limited moves boards. The play action seems a bit smoother and faster so there's not as much of the issue with having to be very precise with where you drag on the birds to move them (I would tend to be either a space short with moves or overshooting a little and having a move not happen in the first game).

Other than the pirate theme, the graphics and music are the same as in the first game although you are now collecting coins instead of freeing chicks from cages. The trophies have been renamed and it takes a few more moves to win the gold trophy for number of moves in a row, but otherwise the achievements appear the same. The storyline and cats' antics are still hilarious. If you liked the first game, I'd definitely recommend getting this one too! Now back to working on reaching the Great Bird Artifact LOL...

[completed game, additional review] No timed levels at all; the new challenges are to assemble objects in some boards and there are more levels where you must complete the board in a limited number of moves or not allow chicks to hatch in order to win the gold star. I found the overall challenge level still up there, but less difficult than the first game since I now have all the gold stars in just a few days of playing. Thanks devs for an awesome game!

Edited on 07/24/2015 at 5:30:34 PM PST

[Post New]by coffeemom2 on Aug 4, 15 3:07 PM
This is not really a review, but more of a thank you to the Developers. I loved the first one and you have not disappointed with the sequel. I am enjoying everything about this one, especially the pirate theme and the subtle humor. Halfway through my second go-round. Thank you once again - well worth waiting for, and please keep 'em coming!

aleutcia
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by aleutcia on Aug 15, 15 7:19 PM
coffeemom2 wrote:This is not really a review, but more of a thank you to the Developers. I loved the first one and you have not disappointed with the sequel. I am enjoying everything about this one, especially the pirate theme and the subtle humor. Halfway through my second go-round. Thank you once again - well worth waiting for, and please keep 'em coming!

I heartily thank the developers as well. They have come up with a very different game, which is a refreshing change of the regular onslaught of HOG's and regular match 3 games. This is not a match 3 game, even though it categorized as such......do not be fooled. I say give it a go!

As others have said, you do not have to worry about a timer. Each level has a different set of quests, so you are not doing the same thing over and over.
It requires some thought before making each move, but you don't need to rush. I usually am annoyed by the storyline or voice-overs in games, but this one is actually humorous and I like the little bird "voices". Thanks for a different game!

crou777
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by crou777 on Aug 20, 15 10:46 AM
I just finished this game and I loved it! It was a fun way to exercise my logic skills without the stress of a timer and constant clicking. If I didn't get the gold, I was able to restart the level with a new board and try again. Consequently, this is the first game in a long time that I was eventually able to finish with all gold.

And now, I'm going to replay the first C&F and hope the developers come out with a third edition. It will be an instant buy for me!

HUCster
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by HUCster on Sep 3, 15 12:23 AM
This game is fun and challenging, however, some levels take quite a bit of time to finish if you want gold. It would be great if there was a save function where you could save a level while in the middle of it. I have a life beyond computer games and I just can't always sit and play on and on and on just to beat one level.

I have made it through 67 levels with gold stars on all and I am finally on level 68. I dashed home from work tonight and I was excited - I thought I could finish the game and use my game coupon on Claws and feathers 1. Whoopsy! Silly me! I have played level 68 for a long time and I am tired and I really don't care if I beat the game anymore. If I want to beat the game, I will need to devote yet another large block of time and start level 68 over again. I am not sure I am willing to do that. I like a challenge but at some point, I do have a life and I need to get back to it. I have now wasted 90 minutes, I have all the pieces for the shield free and it is ready to assemble, I got to 85% clear, and then whammo! The board filled up with chains and barrels and I have run out of time and energy so I will have to start the level over another day. Arghhhh........ frustrating!!!!!!! I am not sure I will ever bother to finish the game because the last level takes too long. Very sad and disappointing.

[Post New]by hubealc on Feb 20, 16 3:35 PM
I've been stuck on level 32 for 2 months LOL about ready to give up any ideals out there Thanks

Go to: